|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Juan Julian doing at the end of act 1?
2. What was IT a euphemism in this act?
3. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
4. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
5. What did the the shy boy help Conchita carry out?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Conchita describe the experience of making love with Juan Julian?
2. How does Conchita describe her relationship with Juan Julian to Palomo?
3. What happened to the old lector, Teodoro?
4. What does Santiago say about Ofelia's slippers?
5. Why does Conchita believe Santiago isn't already at the factory?
6. What is Chechy's suggestion to solve Palomo's problem?
7. What information did the women have about the new lector?
8. Why have Palomo and Conchita come to the factory?
9. What do Ofelia and her daughters discuss after Chechy leaves?
10. Why does Juan Julian say he became a lector?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you believe about superstitions? Do you think Marela was right to follow her own superstition about Juan Julian's spirit? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
When Marela talked about how the living must look after the dead so that they can count on them to help the living when they die cross over, how did you respond to her thoughts? Do you agree or disagree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Prohibition was briefly talked about toward the end of the play. What do you think were the reasons for the passage and repealing of the amendment about prohibition? Do you agree with the reasons the characters in the novel stated? Why or why not?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)