|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
2. Which of the following is an accurate description of the job of lector?
3. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
4. What does the ritual Conchita describes entail?
5. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did the women have about the new lector?
2. How does act 2 scene 3 open?
3. What happens with the first Anna Karenina cigar?
4. What information does Ofelia explain to Juan Julian about Chechy?
5. What does Santiago say about Ofelia's slippers?
6. What announcement does Santiago make?
7. What does Chechy accuse Marela of after Santiago leaves?
8. What do Ofelia and her daughters discuss after Chechy leaves?
9. What is Marela still wearing three days after the tragedy?
10. What are Chechy and Ofelia arguing about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Conchita believe lovers out to behave? Do you think she believes that it is important for women to have more than one lover? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of adultery present in the novel Anna Karenina? How is this same theme present in the play Anna in the Tropics? Do you think the author of the play did a good job of developing this theme? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think listening to the story of Anna Karenina helped Chechy to move on in regards to his ex-wife? Why or why not? Do you think Juan Julian should have chosen a different story? Why or why not?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)