|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter does Santiago carve?
2. Where does act 1 scene four take place?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
4. Which of the following describes the types of tasks workers in the factory perform?
5. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Ofelia, Marela and Concit waiting for at the harbor?
2. What are Chechy and Ofelia arguing about?
3. What information does Santiago reveal about about the novel?
4. What does Juan Julian reveal when Conchita asks him why he chose to read Anna Karenina?
5. What does Conchita chide Palomo about?
6. What announcement does Santiago make?
7. Why have Palomo and Conchita come to the factory?
8. What would be an accurate description of Santiago and Chechy as they are first introduced?
9. Whose side of the issue does Santiago take and how does he solve it?
10. What does Chechy accuse Marela of after Santiago leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is this play similar to the novel Anna Karenina? In what ways is it different? Why do you think the author made it this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does Cruz show that the sworn enemy of lectors turn into a lector? Do you believe this is accurate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Prohibition was briefly talked about toward the end of the play. What do you think were the reasons for the passage and repealing of the amendment about prohibition? Do you agree with the reasons the characters in the novel stated? Why or why not?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)