|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
2. What does Conchita long for?
3. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
4. What do Ofelia and her daughter's snipe about?
5. Which of the following describes how Ofelia feels about her brother-in-law's presumptions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the character Karenin want to do in regards to Vronsky?
2. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
3. What do Conchita and Palomo debate about and what in the novel does she compare her husband's feelings about?
4. When does Conchita say that Palomo will understand?
5. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about her husband and how does she react?
6. What information did the women have about the new lector?
7. Why does Conchita believe Santiago isn't already at the factory?
8. What happened to the old lector, Teodoro?
9. How doe the workers respond to Juan Julian's reading?
10. What causes Juan Julian to reconsider his choice at reading Anna Karenina as his first novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does Cruz show that the sworn enemy of lectors turn into a lector? Do you believe this is accurate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe the author uses a reference to Clara Bow? Do you believe it is important? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe Chechy killed Juan Julian? Why don't you think Cruz had Palomo kill him? Do you agree with the decision Cruz made as the writer? Why or why not?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)