|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the two characters who are not speaking to each other use to help deliver barbs to each other?
2. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
4. What does Santiago run out of?
5. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Conchita believe Santiago isn't already at the factory?
2. How is Juan Julian killed?
3. Whose side of the issue does Santiago take and how does he solve it?
4. What do Conchita and Palomo debate about and what in the novel does she compare her husband's feelings about?
5. What plans in regards to the ritual does Conchita share with Juan Julian and what does he offer?
6. What doe Conchita and Palomo discuss as they work late?
7. What is bothering Ofelia and what does she say about it?
8. Which two events create the settings fro the first scene in act one?
9. What was Clara Bow known for?
10. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Marela would always leave as Chechy approached her? What do you think Chechy wanted? How do you think he felt as Juan Julian told Marela she was beautiful?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think listening to the story of Anna Karenina helped Chechy to move on in regards to his ex-wife? Why or why not? Do you think Juan Julian should have chosen a different story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What do you believe about superstitions? Do you think Marela was right to follow her own superstition about Juan Julian's spirit? Why or why not?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)