|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
2. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
3. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
4. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
5. What do Ofelia and her daughter's snipe about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is bothering Ofelia and what does she say about it?
2. What information does Ofelia explain to Juan Julian about Chechy?
3. What happens that causes Santiago and Ofelia to communicate with each other?
4. What happens with the first Anna Karenina cigar?
5. What do Ofelia and her daughters discuss after Chechy leaves?
6. What do Conchita and Palomo debate about and what in the novel does she compare her husband's feelings about?
7. What happened to the old lector, Teodoro?
8. What is going on between Santiago and Ofelia at the opening of scene four?
9. What does Marela propose about Juan Julian?
10. What doe Conchita and Palomo discuss as they work late?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Marela would always leave as Chechy approached her? What do you think Chechy wanted? How do you think he felt as Juan Julian told Marela she was beautiful?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author intertwine the plot from the novel the lector is reading into the plot of the play? Do you feel this is done successfully? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does Conchita believe lovers out to behave? Do you think she believes that it is important for women to have more than one lover? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)