|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization do Ofelia and Chechy come to about themselves?
2. What does Juan Julian suggest Conchita do with her cutting?
3. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
4. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
5. What was IT a euphemism in this act?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Palomo demand to know from Conchita?
2. What was Clara Bow known for?
3. What doe Conchita and Palomo discuss as they work late?
4. What does Juan Julian reveal when Conchita asks him why he chose to read Anna Karenina?
5. What has Chechy purchased and how does Ofelia react to the purchase?
6. What character does Chechy identify with in the novel and why?
7. What would be an accurate description of Santiago and Chechy as they are first introduced?
8. Which two events create the settings fro the first scene in act one?
9. When does Conchita say that Palomo will understand?
10. What does Palomo complain about and why is it bothering him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe that someone reading or watching this play needs to understand the novel Anna Karenina to better understand the play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the process of hand rolling cigars including how it developed through the history described by Juan Julian. Do you think the Spaniards were right? What changes do you think might have been different had they not overtaken the natives?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think listening to the story of Anna Karenina helped Chechy to move on in regards to his ex-wife? Why or why not? Do you think Juan Julian should have chosen a different story? Why or why not?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)