|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the two spouses begin to communicate with each other in a direct manner?
2. What is the character of Vronsky fiercely dedicated to in the story?
3. Where does act 1 scene four take place?
4. What do Ofelia and her daughters think about the choice of the novel?
5. What is the relationship between Santiago and Chechy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Clara Bow known for?
2. What are Chechy and Ofelia arguing about?
3. What do Conchita and Palomo debate about and what in the novel does she compare her husband's feelings about?
4. When does Conchita say that Palomo will understand?
5. What information does Santiago reveal about his gambling habit?
6. What does Marela propose about Juan Julian?
7. What does Chechy accuse Marela of after Santiago leaves?
8. What causes Juan Julian to reconsider his choice at reading Anna Karenina as his first novel?
9. How does Conchita describe her relationship with Juan Julian to Palomo?
10. What does Marela indicate is the responsibility of the living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe Chechy killed Juan Julian? Why don't you think Cruz had Palomo kill him? Do you agree with the decision Cruz made as the writer? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Conchita believe lovers out to behave? Do you think she believes that it is important for women to have more than one lover? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Prohibition was briefly talked about toward the end of the play. What do you think were the reasons for the passage and repealing of the amendment about prohibition? Do you agree with the reasons the characters in the novel stated? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)