|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
2. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
3. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
4. What does Conchita know about her husband?
5. What does Conchita long for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Ofelia, Marela and Concit waiting for at the harbor?
2. Why have Palomo and Conchita come to the factory?
3. What does Santiago say about Ofelia's slippers?
4. What information does Ofelia explain to Juan Julian about Chechy?
5. What happens that causes Santiago and Ofelia to communicate with each other?
6. What happened to the old lector, Teodoro?
7. What do Ofelia and her daughters discuss after Chechy leaves?
8. What causes Juan Julian to reconsider his choice at reading Anna Karenina as his first novel?
9. What ritual does Conchita explain to Juan Julian?
10. Which two events create the settings fro the first scene in act one?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the story, the author quotes from the book "What would be the sense of killing a man in order to define one's own relations with a woman..." Why do you think Karenin found this to be a senseless act? Why do you think Chechy did not find this to be a senseless act?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author intertwine the plot from the novel the lector is reading into the plot of the play? Do you feel this is done successfully? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe that someone reading or watching this play needs to understand the novel Anna Karenina to better understand the play? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)