|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
2. Where is scene 2 set?
3. Which of the following themes figures prominently in the final scene of act 1?
4. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
5. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chechy accuse Marela of after Santiago leaves?
2. What is the only think Palomo wants?
3. Why does Juan Julian say he became a lector?
4. What is Marela still wearing three days after the tragedy?
5. What is Chechy's suggestion to solve Palomo's problem?
6. What does Conchita chide Palomo about?
7. What does the character Karenin want to do in regards to Vronsky?
8. What differences does Juan Julian describe to the workers and how does he explain them?
9. What doe Conchita and Palomo discuss as they work late?
10. How does Conchita describe the experience of making love with Juan Julian?
Essay Topic 1
What errors did Santiago make with his half-brother Chechy? Why do you think he made these errors? Do you think he will continue to make the same mistakes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is this play similar to the novel Anna Karenina? In what ways is it different? Why do you think the author made it this way?
Essay Topic 3
In what way does Cruz show that the sworn enemy of lectors turn into a lector? Do you believe this is accurate? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)