|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
2. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
3. What does Conchita want to have for herself?
4. Why doesn't Santiago want to face Chechy?
5. What do Ofelia and her daughter's snipe about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only think Palomo wants?
2. How doe the workers respond to Juan Julian's reading?
3. What happened to the old lector, Teodoro?
4. How would you describe the woman at the factory and Juan Julian upon his arrival?
5. What happens as Chechy meets the new lector, Juan Julian?
6. What does Palomo complain about and why is it bothering him?
7. What was Clara Bow known for?
8. What does Conchita chide Palomo about?
9. What happens with the first Anna Karenina cigar?
10. What information does Santiago reveal about his gambling habit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Marela would always leave as Chechy approached her? What do you think Chechy wanted? How do you think he felt as Juan Julian told Marela she was beautiful?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author intertwine the plot from the novel the lector is reading into the plot of the play? Do you feel this is done successfully? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Prohibition was briefly talked about toward the end of the play. What do you think were the reasons for the passage and repealing of the amendment about prohibition? Do you agree with the reasons the characters in the novel stated? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)