|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
2. What are the workers interested in hearing?
3. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
4. What is Juan Julian doing at the end of act 1?
5. What does the ritual Conchita describes entail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
2. What are Ofelia, Marela and Concit waiting for at the harbor?
3. What does the character Karenin want to do in regards to Vronsky?
4. What was Clara Bow known for?
5. What happens when Marela stays behind alone with Juan Julian?
6. What is Marela wearing when she enters the factory?
7. How does Conchita describe the experience of making love with Juan Julian?
8. What doe Conchita and Palomo discuss as they work late?
9. What do Chechy and Palomo question Juan Julian about?
10. What character does Chechy identify with in the novel and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe the author uses a reference to Clara Bow? Do you believe it is important? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author intertwine the plot from the novel the lector is reading into the plot of the play? Do you feel this is done successfully? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What part does nature play in this novel? Do you think it is an important theme? Why or why not? What about the role of tradition? Which is more important? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)