Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Santiago and Chechy doing?
2. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
3. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
4. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
5. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
Short Essay Questions
1. What differences does Juan Julian describe to the workers and how does he explain them?
2. What does Juan Julian reveal when Conchita asks him why he chose to read Anna Karenina?
3. What does Palomo ask Conchita to show him?
4. What does Chechy accuse Marela of after Santiago leaves?
5. What was Clara Bow known for?
6. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about her husband and how does she react?
7. What information does Santiago reveal about about the novel?
8. What announcement does Santiago make?
9. How is Juan Julian killed?
10. What is Marela still wearing three days after the tragedy?
When Marela talked about how the living must look after the dead so that they can count on them to help the living when they die cross over, how did you respond to her thoughts? Do you agree or disagree with her? Why or why not?
In the story, the author quotes from the book "What would be the sense of killing a man in order to define one's own relations with a woman..." Why do you think Karenin found this to be a senseless act? Why do you think Chechy did not find this to be a senseless act?
Do you believe that someone reading or watching this play needs to understand the novel Anna Karenina to better understand the play? Why or why not?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)