|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago run out of?
2. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
3. What did the the shy boy help Conchita carry out?
4. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
5. What does Marela eventually do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have Palomo and Conchita come to the factory?
2. How does Conchita describe the experience of making love with Juan Julian?
3. What is bothering Ofelia and what does she say about it?
4. What has Chechy purchased and how does Ofelia react to the purchase?
5. What does Santiago say about Ofelia's slippers?
6. What causes Juan Julian to reconsider his choice at reading Anna Karenina as his first novel?
7. What part of the novel does Conchita dig into?
8. What is Marela still wearing three days after the tragedy?
9. What part of the book does Palomo begin to read at the end of the play?
10. What plans in regards to the ritual does Conchita share with Juan Julian and what does he offer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is this play similar to the novel Anna Karenina? In what ways is it different? Why do you think the author made it this way?
Essay Topic 2
When Marela talked about how the living must look after the dead so that they can count on them to help the living when they die cross over, how did you respond to her thoughts? Do you agree or disagree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Prohibition was briefly talked about toward the end of the play. What do you think were the reasons for the passage and repealing of the amendment about prohibition? Do you agree with the reasons the characters in the novel stated? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)