|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following descriptors best fits Chechy?
2. What was IT a euphemism in this act?
3. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
4. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
5. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Chechy and Palomo question Juan Julian about?
2. What happens when Marela stays behind alone with Juan Julian?
3. What does Juan Julian reveal when Conchita asks him why he chose to read Anna Karenina?
4. Whose side of the issue does Santiago take and how does he solve it?
5. How would you describe the woman at the factory and Juan Julian upon his arrival?
6. What do Ofelia and her daughters discuss after Chechy leaves?
7. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
8. What does Palomo ask Conchita to show him?
9. Why have Palomo and Conchita come to the factory?
10. Which two events create the settings fro the first scene in act one?
Essay Topic 1
Do you think listening to the story of Anna Karenina helped Chechy to move on in regards to his ex-wife? Why or why not? Do you think Juan Julian should have chosen a different story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think the role of lector is important in Cuban cigar factories? Do you think there are other jobs that someone like a lector could be important? If so, what jobs? If not, why not? Do you think lectors are still used today?
Essay Topic 3
In the story, the author quotes from the book "What would be the sense of killing a man in order to define one's own relations with a woman..." Why do you think Karenin found this to be a senseless act? Why do you think Chechy did not find this to be a senseless act?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)