Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Santiago and Chechy doing?
2. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
3. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
4. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
5. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
Short Essay Questions
1. What differences does Juan Julian describe to the workers and how does he explain them?
2. What does Juan Julian reveal when Conchita asks him why he chose to read Anna Karenina?
3. What does Palomo ask Conchita to show him?
4. What does Chechy accuse Marela of after Santiago leaves?
5. What was Clara Bow known for?
6. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about her husband and how does she react?
7. What information does Santiago reveal about about the novel?
8. What announcement does Santiago make?
9. How is Juan Julian killed?
10. What is Marela still wearing three days after the tragedy?
Essay Topic 1
How do you think Conchita would feel knowing that Juan Julian was also hitting on her sister Marela? What do you think she would have done? How would you have reacted? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe that someone reading or watching this play needs to understand the novel Anna Karenina to better understand the play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think the role of lector is important in Cuban cigar factories? Do you think there are other jobs that someone like a lector could be important? If so, what jobs? If not, why not? Do you think lectors are still used today?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)