Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Santiago and Chechy doing?
2. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
3. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
4. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
5. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
Short Essay Questions
1. What differences does Juan Julian describe to the workers and how does he explain them?
2. What does Juan Julian reveal when Conchita asks him why he chose to read Anna Karenina?
3. What does Palomo ask Conchita to show him?
4. What does Chechy accuse Marela of after Santiago leaves?
5. What was Clara Bow known for?
6. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about her husband and how does she react?
7. What information does Santiago reveal about about the novel?
8. What announcement does Santiago make?
9. How is Juan Julian killed?
10. What is Marela still wearing three days after the tragedy?
Considering that Santiago and Chechy are half-brothers why does Chechy seem more careful to look out after his own interests? Do you think this is appropriate? Why or why not?
Why do you believe Chechy killed Juan Julian? Why don't you think Cruz had Palomo kill him? Do you agree with the decision Cruz made as the writer? Why or why not?
How is the theme of adultery present in the novel Anna Karenina? How is this same theme present in the play Anna in the Tropics? Do you think the author of the play did a good job of developing this theme? Why or why not?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)