|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is newly arrived?
2. Which of the following have Conchita and Palomo lost in their marriage?
3. What did the the shy boy help Conchita carry out?
4. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
5. What is the relationship between Santiago and Chechy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did the women have about the new lector?
2. What happens as Chechy meets the new lector, Juan Julian?
3. What are Chechy and Ofelia arguing about?
4. What happens when Marela stays behind alone with Juan Julian?
5. What is Marela wearing when she enters the factory?
6. What causes Juan Julian to reconsider his choice at reading Anna Karenina as his first novel?
7. What does Palomo complain about and why is it bothering him?
8. Why does Marela say that crying would be wrong?
9. What does Marela propose about Juan Julian?
10. How is information from the book heard while Juan Julian and Conchita make love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe that someone reading or watching this play needs to understand the novel Anna Karenina to better understand the play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the process of hand rolling cigars including how it developed through the history described by Juan Julian. Do you think the Spaniards were right? What changes do you think might have been different had they not overtaken the natives?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe Chechy killed Juan Julian? Why don't you think Cruz had Palomo kill him? Do you agree with the decision Cruz made as the writer? Why or why not?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)