|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the boy from New England find the ritual he helps Conchita with?
2. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
3. How much does the first letter carved represent?
4. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
5. Who do the two characters who are not speaking to each other use to help deliver barbs to each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the old lector, Teodoro?
2. How does Conchita describe her relationship with Juan Julian to Palomo?
3. What does Conchita chide Palomo about?
4. What do Ofelia and her daughters discuss after Chechy leaves?
5. What information does Santiago reveal about about the novel?
6. What differences does Juan Julian describe to the workers and how does he explain them?
7. What information did the women have about the new lector?
8. What does Palomo ask Conchita to show him?
9. What is Chechy's suggestion to solve Palomo's problem?
10. What does Palomo complain about and why is it bothering him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think listening to the story of Anna Karenina helped Chechy to move on in regards to his ex-wife? Why or why not? Do you think Juan Julian should have chosen a different story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
When Marela talked about how the living must look after the dead so that they can count on them to help the living when they die cross over, how did you respond to her thoughts? Do you agree or disagree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is this play similar to the novel Anna Karenina? In what ways is it different? Why do you think the author made it this way?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)