|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Conchita and Juan Julian separate quickly?
(a) The sound of the door opening.
(b) Palomo calling for Conchita.
(c) They hear workers approaching.
(d) Santigo's voice calling.
2. Why does Marela believe the living must do?
(a) Support each other in pain.
(b) Take all possible precautions.
(c) Follow all superstitions.
(d) Look after the dead.
3. Who does Conchita avoid contact with at the party?
(a) Juan Julian.
4. What is odd about Marela?
(a) She is still wearing her coat.
(b) She doesn't talk anymore.
(c) She is not crying.
(d) She is hugging Juan Julian's dead body.
5. What did Ofelia once sit for?
(a) A family portrait.
(b) A cigar label.
(c) A book cover.
(d) A jar of jelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reaches out to touch the lector as he is dying?
2. Where does Ofelia say the keys are?
3. Where is the piece of paper with Juan Julian's name to be placed then?
4. Who interrupts the discussion between Juan Julian, Chechy and Palomo?
5. What part of Palomo does Juan Julian begin with?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)