|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
(a) Enliven him.
(b) Surprise him.
(c) Asphyxiate him.
(d) Enchant him.
2. What is the relationship between Santiago and Chechy?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(c) Half brothers.
(d) Father and son.
3. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
(a) Alienate the new lector.
(b) Help Chechy move on.
(c) Provide closure for Ofelia.
(d) Bring the men and women closer.
4. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
(a) He was denied becoming lector.
(b) His wife ran away with one.
(c) He thinks he should be the boss.
(d) He lost money gambling to them.
5. Which character in the story does Santiago identify with?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marela feel as she deals with the Santiago and Ofelia?
2. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
3. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
4. What letter does Santiago carve?
5. What does Marela eventually do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ritual does Conchita explain to Juan Julian?
2. What does the character Karenin want to do in regards to Vronsky?
3. What doe Conchita and Palomo discuss as they work late?
4. What is Marela wearing when she enters the factory?
5. What are Chechy and Ofelia arguing about?
6. What character does Chechy identify with in the novel and why?
7. Why does Marela say that crying would be wrong?
8. What do Conchita and Palomo debate about and what in the novel does she compare her husband's feelings about?
9. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
10. What information does Ofelia explain to Juan Julian about Chechy?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)