Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Santiago and Chechy doing?
2. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
(a) A flower.
(b) Ashes from a relative.
(c) The cigar remnants.
(d) The hair cuttings.
3. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband's behavior.
(c) Life in Cuba.
(d) The novel.
4. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
(a) Enliven him.
(b) Enchant him.
(c) Surprise him.
(d) Asphyxiate him.
5. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
(a) Her lover does not wish it.
(b) Palomo won't allow it.
(c) They are Roman Catholic.
(d) They continue to work together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
2. How does Marela feel as she deals with the Santiago and Ofelia?
3. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
4. What does Conchita know about her husband?
5. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What differences does Juan Julian describe to the workers and how does he explain them?
2. What does Juan Julian reveal when Conchita asks him why he chose to read Anna Karenina?
3. What does Palomo ask Conchita to show him?
4. What does Chechy accuse Marela of after Santiago leaves?
5. What was Clara Bow known for?
6. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about her husband and how does she react?
7. What information does Santiago reveal about about the novel?
8. What announcement does Santiago make?
9. How is Juan Julian killed?
10. What is Marela still wearing three days after the tragedy?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)