|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the two spouses begin to communicate with each other in a direct manner?
(a) When they return to work.
(b) When the yelling becomes too loud.
(c) When Marela leaves.
(d) When Chechy arrives.
2. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
3. What realization do Ofelia and Chechy come to about themselves?
(a) They need to talk more.
(b) They still love each other.
(c) They need to get away from the factory.
(d) There is no hope for them.
4. What was IT a euphemism in this act?
5. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) He does not think the men will like the book.
(b) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
(c) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
(d) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who performs the burial for Conchita?
2. How does Juan Julian feel?
3. What does Ofelia want to do, though she agrees to continue to talk about the book some more?
4. What did the the shy boy help Conchita carry out?
5. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would be an accurate description of Santiago and Chechy as they are first introduced?
2. What does the character Karenin want to do in regards to Vronsky?
3. What information did the women have about the new lector?
4. What is going on between Santiago and Ofelia at the opening of scene four?
5. What happened to the old lector, Teodoro?
6. What is the only think Palomo wants?
7. What plans in regards to the ritual does Conchita share with Juan Julian and what does he offer?
8. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
9. Why does Conchita believe Santiago isn't already at the factory?
10. What was Clara Bow known for?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)