|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
(a) To calm the workers.
(b) To educate and inform.
(c) To manange the plant.
(d) To increse productivity.
2. What are often the sites where semi-pagan rituals are carried out?
3. What happened to Teodoro?
(a) He quit.
(b) He died.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He was sent away.
4. What does Santiago reveal he has been doing in secret?
(b) Listening to the novel.
(c) Paying Chechy back.
(d) Working a second job.
5. Where does act 1 scene four take place?
(a) Cigar factory.
(b) Alcalar home.
(c) At the cock fights.
(d) At the docks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
2. What is Juan Julian doing at the end of act 1?
3. What are the workers interested in hearing?
4. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
5. Which character is newly arrived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Chechy and Palomo question Juan Julian about?
2. Whose side of the issue does Santiago take and how does he solve it?
3. How is Juan Julian killed?
4. What is the only think Palomo wants?
5. What is Marela wearing when she enters the factory?
6. What was Clara Bow known for?
7. What do Conchita and Palomo debate about and what in the novel does she compare her husband's feelings about?
8. What happens that causes Santiago and Ofelia to communicate with each other?
9. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
10. What does Marela propose about Juan Julian?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)