|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
(a) On a tree.
(b) On the sole of a shoe.
(c) On his leather belt.
(d) In the chair.
2. What does Santiago reveal he has been doing in secret?
(a) Working a second job.
(b) Listening to the novel.
(c) Paying Chechy back.
3. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
(a) Matter of time.
(b) Matter of light.
(c) Matter of age.
(d) Matter of water.
4. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
(b) He does not think the men will like the book.
(c) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
(d) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
5. Which of the following characters works late at the factory?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
3. Which character clashes with Juan Julian in scene 2?
4. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
5. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Conchita and Palomo debate about and what in the novel does she compare her husband's feelings about?
2. What information does Santiago reveal about his gambling habit?
3. What is bothering Ofelia and what does she say about it?
4. What information does Ofelia explain to Juan Julian about Chechy?
5. How does Conchita describe the experience of making love with Juan Julian?
6. What is Marela still wearing three days after the tragedy?
7. What part of the book does Palomo begin to read at the end of the play?
8. What information does Santiago reveal about about the novel?
9. What information did the women have about the new lector?
10. What differences does Juan Julian describe to the workers and how does he explain them?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)