|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
(a) Their mother.
(b) New lector.
(c) More drinks.
(d) The new cocks.
2. Which character in the story does Santiago identify with?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
(b) Opening dialoge.
(c) Climatic intervention.
(d) Dramatic interlude.
4. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
(a) They are Roman Catholic.
(b) They continue to work together.
(c) Palomo won't allow it.
(d) Her lover does not wish it.
5. How does the boy from New England find the ritual he helps Conchita with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
2. What does Marela eventually do?
3. What was Juan Julian's family hiding from when he discovered books?
4. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
5. What is the character of Vronsky fiercely dedicated to in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Chechy and Palomo question Juan Julian about?
2. What does Conchita chide Palomo about?
3. What happens as Chechy meets the new lector, Juan Julian?
4. How does Conchita describe the experience of making love with Juan Julian?
5. Why does Juan Julian say he became a lector?
6. What is Marela wearing when she enters the factory?
7. What part of the novel does Conchita dig into?
8. What character does Chechy identify with in the novel and why?
9. What is the only think Palomo wants?
10. What does Juan Julian reveal when Conchita asks him why he chose to read Anna Karenina?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)