|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
2. Who witnesses what goes on between Conchita and Juan Julian?
3. What does Juan Julian talk to Conchita and Marela about?
4. What does Santiago run out of?
5. How much does the first letter carved represent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes the types of tasks workers in the factory perform?
2. What does Palomo long for?
3. Which of the following terms is the best definition of a superstition?
4. What does Conchita want to have for herself?
5. Which of the following characters is a mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Juan Julian to reconsider his choice at reading Anna Karenina as his first novel?
2. What does Chechy accuse Marela of after Santiago leaves?
3. What is Marela still wearing three days after the tragedy?
4. What character does Chechy identify with in the novel and why?
5. What plans in regards to the ritual does Conchita share with Juan Julian and what does he offer?
6. How would you describe the woman at the factory and Juan Julian upon his arrival?
7. What do Chechy and Palomo question Juan Julian about?
8. What happens as Chechy meets the new lector, Juan Julian?
9. What information does Santiago reveal about his gambling habit?
10. Why does Conchita believe Santiago isn't already at the factory?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)