|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
(a) He was denied becoming lector.
(b) He thinks he should be the boss.
(c) His wife ran away with one.
(d) He lost money gambling to them.
2. What does Santiago run out of?
3. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
(a) The cigar remnants.
(b) Ashes from a relative.
(c) A flower.
(d) The hair cuttings.
4. Who steps in to break up the clash?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
(b) Sharp wire.
(c) Cutting remark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
2. Why does Santiago carve a letter?
3. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
4. Who witnesses what goes on between Conchita and Juan Julian?
5. What does Palomo long for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans in regards to the ritual does Conchita share with Juan Julian and what does he offer?
2. What does the character Karenin want to do in regards to Vronsky?
3. What information does Santiago reveal about his gambling habit?
4. What ritual does Conchita explain to Juan Julian?
5. How doe the workers respond to Juan Julian's reading?
6. How does Conchita describe the experience of making love with Juan Julian?
7. What does Palomo demand to know from Conchita?
8. What is Chechy's suggestion to solve Palomo's problem?
9. What does Palomo complain about and why is it bothering him?
10. What was Clara Bow known for?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)