|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Teodoro?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He quit.
(c) He died.
(d) He was sent away.
2. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
(a) Surprise him.
(b) Enliven him.
(c) Enchant him.
(d) Asphyxiate him.
3. What are the workers interested in hearing?
(a) Novels read aloud.
(b) The thoughts of Chechy.
(c) The results of the gambling.
(d) The lector's opinion.
4. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
(a) They are Roman Catholic.
(b) Palomo won't allow it.
(c) They continue to work together.
(d) Her lover does not wish it.
5. What was IT a euphemism in this act?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
2. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
3. Which of the following describes the types of tasks workers in the factory perform?
4. What are often the sites where semi-pagan rituals are carried out?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Juan Julian say he became a lector?
2. What doe Conchita and Palomo discuss as they work late?
3. How does Conchita describe the experience of making love with Juan Julian?
4. What does Palomo demand to know from Conchita?
5. What are Chechy and Ofelia arguing about?
6. What announcement does Santiago make?
7. How doe the workers respond to Juan Julian's reading?
8. What is the only think Palomo wants?
9. What does Marela propose about Juan Julian?
10. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)