|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
(a) Calls the ship captain.
(b) Prays to God.
(c) Uses a spell.
(d) Sends letters.
2. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
(a) Climatic intervention.
(c) Dramatic interlude.
(d) Opening dialoge.
3. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
(a) What New Englanders are like.
(b) What a true winter is like.
(c) How to make a cigar.
(d) What it is like to be married.
4. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
5. Which of the following descriptors best fits Chechy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who performs the burial for Conchita?
2. Where are Santiago and Chechy during act 1, scene 1?
3. What was IT a euphemism in this act?
4. What letter does Santiago carve?
5. How does the boy from New England find the ritual he helps Conchita with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Juan Julian killed?
2. What happens that causes Santiago and Ofelia to communicate with each other?
3. What causes Juan Julian to reconsider his choice at reading Anna Karenina as his first novel?
4. What does Marela indicate is the responsibility of the living?
5. What character does Chechy identify with in the novel and why?
6. What plans in regards to the ritual does Conchita share with Juan Julian and what does he offer?
7. How would you describe the woman at the factory and Juan Julian upon his arrival?
8. What does Santiago say about Ofelia's slippers?
9. What happens when Marela stays behind alone with Juan Julian?
10. Why does Juan Julian say he became a lector?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)