|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
(a) The new cocks.
(b) Their mother.
(c) More drinks.
(d) New lector.
2. Which character in the story does Santiago identify with?
3. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
(a) To educate and inform.
(b) To manange the plant.
(c) To calm the workers.
(d) To increse productivity.
4. What does Conchita long for?
(a) More money.
(b) A wild affair.
(c) A husband for Ofelia.
(d) A life beyond the factory.
5. Why doesn't Santiago want to face Chechy?
(a) He doesn't like Chechy.
(b) He doesn't have the money to repay the loan.
(c) He knows that Chechy slept with his wife.
(d) He knows the story bothers him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
2. How does Juan Julian feel?
3. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
4. What was IT a euphemism in this act?
5. How does Chechy feel about his role in the factory?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is information from the book heard while Juan Julian and Conchita make love?
2. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
3. What does Palomo demand to know from Conchita?
4. What does Santiago say about Ofelia's slippers?
5. How does Conchita describe her relationship with Juan Julian to Palomo?
6. What doe Conchita and Palomo discuss as they work late?
7. What does Juan Julian reveal when Conchita asks him why he chose to read Anna Karenina?
8. What do Conchita and Palomo debate about and what in the novel does she compare her husband's feelings about?
9. What happened to the old lector, Teodoro?
10. What has Chechy purchased and how does Ofelia react to the purchase?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)