|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ofelia want to do, though she agrees to continue to talk about the book some more?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Go visit Santiago.
(c) Go to work.
(d) Go to stay with her family.
2. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
3. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
(a) Enchant him.
(b) Enliven him.
(c) Asphyxiate him.
(d) Surprise him.
4. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
5. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
(a) Withering Heights.
(b) The Taming of the Shrew.
(c) Anna Karenina.
(d) A Tale of Two Cities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the first letter carved represent?
2. Which character in the story does Santiago identify with?
3. What does Juan Julian talk to Conchita and Marela about?
4. What letter does Santiago carve?
5. Which of the following terms is the best definition of a superstition?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe the woman at the factory and Juan Julian upon his arrival?
2. What happens as Chechy meets the new lector, Juan Julian?
3. What is bothering Ofelia and what does she say about it?
4. What happens when Marela stays behind alone with Juan Julian?
5. What does Chechy accuse Marela of after Santiago leaves?
6. When does Conchita say that Palomo will understand?
7. What differences does Juan Julian describe to the workers and how does he explain them?
8. What is going on between Santiago and Ofelia at the opening of scene four?
9. Why does Juan Julian say he became a lector?
10. What was Clara Bow known for?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)