|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
(a) Opening dialoge.
(b) Climatic intervention.
(c) Dramatic interlude.
2. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
(a) Matter of water.
(b) Matter of time.
(c) Matter of light.
(d) Matter of age.
3. When do the two spouses begin to communicate with each other in a direct manner?
(a) When Chechy arrives.
(b) When the yelling becomes too loud.
(c) When they return to work.
(d) When Marela leaves.
4. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
(a) More drinks.
(b) The new cocks.
(c) New lector.
(d) Their mother.
5. How does Ofelia react to what Chechy tells him?
(a) She tells him to talk in private.
(b) She dismisses him.
(c) She becomes angry.
(d) She cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the two characters who are not speaking to each other use to help deliver barbs to each other?
2. What does Levin's efforts to dissuade Anna's brother from selling off his ancestral land make Santiago realize?
3. Which of the following describes the types of tasks workers in the factory perform?
4. What does Conchita long for?
5. What is the blue smoke from a cigar a source of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about her husband and how does she react?
2. What is Chechy's suggestion to solve Palomo's problem?
3. What and why does Santiago carve something into the sole of his half-brother's shoe?
4. What information did the women have about the new lector?
5. What are Ofelia, Marela and Concit waiting for at the harbor?
6. What has Chechy purchased and how does Ofelia react to the purchase?
7. What does Juan Julian reveal when Conchita asks him why he chose to read Anna Karenina?
8. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
9. What is Marela wearing when she enters the factory?
10. How does Conchita describe her relationship with Juan Julian to Palomo?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)