|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
(a) He thinks he should be the boss.
(b) His wife ran away with one.
(c) He lost money gambling to them.
(d) He was denied becoming lector.
2. Which character in the story does Santiago identify with?
3. What does Juan Julian suggest Conchita do with her cutting?
(a) Tie it in a special ribbon.
(b) Give it to her husband.
(c) Bury it under a tree.
(d) Press it in a book.
4. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
(b) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
(c) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
(d) He does not think the men will like the book.
5. What does Santiago reveal he has been doing in secret?
(a) Working a second job.
(b) Listening to the novel.
(d) Paying Chechy back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan Julian say cities do to him?
2. What do Ofelia and her daughter's snipe about?
3. Where does act 1 scene four take place?
4. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
5. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Santiago reveal about about the novel?
2. What plans in regards to the ritual does Conchita share with Juan Julian and what does he offer?
3. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
4. What part of the novel does Conchita dig into?
5. What does Conchita chide Palomo about?
6. How is information from the book heard while Juan Julian and Conchita make love?
7. What do Conchita and Palomo debate about and what in the novel does she compare her husband's feelings about?
8. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about her husband and how does she react?
9. What happens as Chechy meets the new lector, Juan Julian?
10. What does Juan Julian reveal when Conchita asks him why he chose to read Anna Karenina?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)