|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
(a) Anxiety and suppression.
(b) Reservation and hesitation.
(c) Surprise and regret.
(d) Passion and fervor.
2. What letter does Santiago carve?
3. Where is scene 2 set?
(b) Cock fight.
(d) Cigar factory.
4. How does Chechy feel about his role in the factory?
(a) He feels useless.
(b) He feels he needs more power.
(c) He feels it is too big.
(d) He feels overwhelmed by it.
5. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
(a) Surprise him.
(b) Asphyxiate him.
(c) Enliven him.
(d) Enchant him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the first letter carved represent?
2. Who do the two characters who are not speaking to each other use to help deliver barbs to each other?
3. What do Ofelia and her daughter's snipe about?
4. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
5. What do Ofelia and her daughters think about the choice of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Juan Julian to reconsider his choice at reading Anna Karenina as his first novel?
2. What doe Conchita and Palomo discuss as they work late?
3. What do Ofelia and her daughters discuss after Chechy leaves?
4. How doe the workers respond to Juan Julian's reading?
5. Whose side of the issue does Santiago take and how does he solve it?
6. What happens when Marela stays behind alone with Juan Julian?
7. What does Chechy accuse Marela of after Santiago leaves?
8. Why have Palomo and Conchita come to the factory?
9. What is Chechy's suggestion to solve Palomo's problem?
10. What plans in regards to the ritual does Conchita share with Juan Julian and what does he offer?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)