|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who steps in to break up the clash?
2. How does the boy from New England find the ritual he helps Conchita with?
3. What does Palomo long for?
(a) An affair.
(b) Life beyond the factory.
(c) Material success.
(d) A husband for Marela.
4. What do Ofelia and her daughter's snipe about?
(a) Who is the better listener.
(b) Who likes Juan more.
(c) Which passage was the most important.
(d) What they will say to Chechy.
5. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
(a) Prays to God.
(b) Sends letters.
(c) Calls the ship captain.
(d) Uses a spell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is scene 2 set?
2. Where are Santiago and Chechy during act 1, scene 1?
3. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
4. What does Ofelia want to do, though she agrees to continue to talk about the book some more?
5. Which of the following descriptors best fits Chechy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Palomo complain about and why is it bothering him?
2. How does Conchita describe her relationship with Juan Julian to Palomo?
3. What information does Santiago reveal about about the novel?
4. What is Chechy's suggestion to solve Palomo's problem?
5. What happens when Marela stays behind alone with Juan Julian?
6. What does Marela propose about Juan Julian?
7. What would be an accurate description of Santiago and Chechy as they are first introduced?
8. What is bothering Ofelia and what does she say about it?
9. What happens that causes Santiago and Ofelia to communicate with each other?
10. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)