|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the the shy boy help Conchita carry out?
(a) An annual Cuban ritual.
(b) A part of her wedding ceremony.
(c) A traditional cigar making ceremony.
(d) A Christmas celebration.
2. Who witnesses what goes on between Conchita and Juan Julian?
3. When do the two spouses begin to communicate with each other in a direct manner?
(a) When Marela leaves.
(b) When they return to work.
(c) When the yelling becomes too loud.
(d) When Chechy arrives.
4. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
(a) Surprise him.
(b) Asphyxiate him.
(c) Enchant him.
(d) Enliven him.
5. What does Conchita want to have for herself?
(a) A lover.
(b) A child.
(c) A new husband.
(d) A divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
2. Where does act 1 scene four take place?
3. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
4. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
5. Which of the following terms is the best definition of a superstition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marela indicate is the responsibility of the living?
2. What was Clara Bow known for?
3. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
4. What and why does Santiago carve something into the sole of his half-brother's shoe?
5. Why does Marela say that crying would be wrong?
6. How is Juan Julian killed?
7. What do Chechy and Palomo question Juan Julian about?
8. Why does Conchita believe Santiago isn't already at the factory?
9. What information does Santiago reveal about his gambling habit?
10. What does Conchita chide Palomo about?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)