|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the blue smoke from a cigar a source of?
2. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
(a) Matter of time.
(b) Matter of water.
(c) Matter of light.
(d) Matter of age.
3. How does Juan Julian feel?
4. What does Juan Julian suggest Conchita do with her cutting?
(a) Press it in a book.
(b) Give it to her husband.
(c) Bury it under a tree.
(d) Tie it in a special ribbon.
5. What does Palomo long for?
(a) An affair.
(b) Material success.
(c) A husband for Marela.
(d) Life beyond the factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization do Ofelia and Chechy come to about themselves?
2. Which of the following describes how Ofelia feels about her brother-in-law's presumptions?
3. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
4. What was Juan Julian's family hiding from when he discovered books?
5. Who witnesses what goes on between Conchita and Juan Julian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that causes Santiago and Ofelia to communicate with each other?
2. What does Palomo ask Conchita to show him?
3. What are Chechy and Ofelia arguing about?
4. What would be an accurate description of Santiago and Chechy as they are first introduced?
5. What information does Santiago reveal about about the novel?
6. How would you describe the woman at the factory and Juan Julian upon his arrival?
7. What happens when Marela stays behind alone with Juan Julian?
8. What do Ofelia and her daughters discuss after Chechy leaves?
9. What doe Conchita and Palomo discuss as they work late?
10. What does Conchita chide Palomo about?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)