|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the workers interested in hearing?
(a) The thoughts of Chechy.
(b) The results of the gambling.
(c) The lector's opinion.
(d) Novels read aloud.
2. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
(a) The novel.
(b) The cock fight that night.
(c) Chechy's behavior.
(d) The new lector.
3. Which character is newly arrived?
(d) Juan Julian.
4. What were Santiago and Chechy doing?
5. What realization do Ofelia and Chechy come to about themselves?
(a) They still love each other.
(b) They need to talk more.
(c) There is no hope for them.
(d) They need to get away from the factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
2. How does Chechy feel about his role in the factory?
3. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
4. What is the band on a cigar the symbol of?
5. Which of the following describes how Ofelia feels about her brother-in-law's presumptions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part of the novel does Conchita dig into?
2. How does Conchita describe the experience of making love with Juan Julian?
3. What and why does Santiago carve something into the sole of his half-brother's shoe?
4. What does Palomo demand to know from Conchita?
5. What happens with the first Anna Karenina cigar?
6. How is information from the book heard while Juan Julian and Conchita make love?
7. What doe Conchita and Palomo discuss as they work late?
8. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about her husband and how does she react?
9. What happened to the old lector, Teodoro?
10. What do Conchita and Palomo debate about and what in the novel does she compare her husband's feelings about?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)