|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Life in Cuba.
(c) Her husband's behavior.
(d) The novel.
2. Which of the following is an accurate description of the job of lector?
3. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
(a) His undying love for her.
(b) Her husband's gambling debt.
(c) Her sister's indiscretion.
(d) His hatred of the lector.
4. What does Conchita long for?
(a) A life beyond the factory.
(b) A wild affair.
(c) A husband for Ofelia.
(d) More money.
5. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
(a) Dramatic interlude.
(b) Opening dialoge.
(c) Climatic intervention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
2. Who steps in to break up the clash?
3. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
4. Who witnesses what goes on between Conchita and Juan Julian?
5. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is going on between Santiago and Ofelia at the opening of scene four?
2. Why have Palomo and Conchita come to the factory?
3. How is information from the book heard while Juan Julian and Conchita make love?
4. What information does Santiago reveal about about the novel?
5. What information did the women have about the new lector?
6. How is Juan Julian killed?
7. What character does Chechy identify with in the novel and why?
8. What does the character Karenin want to do in regards to Vronsky?
9. How doe the workers respond to Juan Julian's reading?
10. What happens that causes Santiago and Ofelia to communicate with each other?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)