|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
(a) Asphyxiate him.
(b) Surprise him.
(c) Enliven him.
(d) Enchant him.
2. Which of the following characters is a mother?
3. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
(a) On a tree.
(b) In the chair.
(c) On his leather belt.
(d) On the sole of a shoe.
4. Which of the following themes figures prominently in the final scene of act 1?
5. What does Juan Julian suggest Conchita do with her cutting?
(a) Give it to her husband.
(b) Bury it under a tree.
(c) Tie it in a special ribbon.
(d) Press it in a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
2. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
3. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
4. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
5. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which two events create the settings fro the first scene in act one?
2. What do Ofelia and her daughters discuss after Chechy leaves?
3. What is Marela wearing when she enters the factory?
4. Why does Juan Julian say he became a lector?
5. Why have Palomo and Conchita come to the factory?
6. What and why does Santiago carve something into the sole of his half-brother's shoe?
7. What does Conchita chide Palomo about?
8. What ritual does Conchita explain to Juan Julian?
9. What happened to the old lector, Teodoro?
10. What plans in regards to the ritual does Conchita share with Juan Julian and what does he offer?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)