Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character clashes with Juan Julian in scene 2?
2. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
(a) Provide closure for Ofelia.
(b) Alienate the new lector.
(c) Help Chechy move on.
(d) Bring the men and women closer.
3. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
(a) The cigar remnants.
(b) The hair cuttings.
(c) A flower.
(d) Ashes from a relative.
4. What does Conchita long for?
(a) A husband for Ofelia.
(b) A wild affair.
(c) More money.
(d) A life beyond the factory.
5. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the story does Santiago identify with?
2. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
3. How does Juan Julian feel?
4. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did the women have about the new lector?
2. What do Conchita and Palomo debate about and what in the novel does she compare her husband's feelings about?
3. What was Clara Bow known for?
4. What does Palomo complain about and why is it bothering him?
5. What character does Chechy identify with in the novel and why?
6. What does Palomo ask Conchita to show him?
7. Whose side of the issue does Santiago take and how does he solve it?
8. How is information from the book heard while Juan Julian and Conchita make love?
9. How is Juan Julian killed?
10. What plans in regards to the ritual does Conchita share with Juan Julian and what does he offer?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)