|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the boy from New England find the ritual he helps Conchita with?
2. Later, how much does Santiago have to raise the amount of money to that he owes?
3. What are the workers interested in hearing?
(a) Novels read aloud.
(b) The results of the gambling.
(c) The thoughts of Chechy.
(d) The lector's opinion.
4. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
(a) More drinks.
(b) New lector.
(c) Their mother.
(d) The new cocks.
5. Why doesn't Santiago want to face Chechy?
(a) He doesn't like Chechy.
(b) He doesn't have the money to repay the loan.
(c) He knows that Chechy slept with his wife.
(d) He knows the story bothers him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago reveal he has been doing in secret?
2. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
3. How does Marela feel as she deals with the Santiago and Ofelia?
4. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
5. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ritual does Conchita explain to Juan Julian?
2. Which two events create the settings fro the first scene in act one?
3. Whose side of the issue does Santiago take and how does he solve it?
4. What happens when Marela stays behind alone with Juan Julian?
5. What are Chechy and Ofelia arguing about?
6. What information does Santiago reveal about about the novel?
7. What is Marela wearing when she enters the factory?
8. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
9. What information does Santiago reveal about his gambling habit?
10. What does Palomo demand to know from Conchita?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)