|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ritual Conchita describes entail?
(a) Girls dancing beneath a avacado tree.
(b) Boys bringing girls a flower necklace.
(c) Funeral procession.
(d) Girls cutting their hair once a year.
2. Which of the following characters works late at the factory?
3. Why does Santiago carve a letter?
(a) To show ownership.
(b) To track winnings.
(c) To help him remember.
(d) As a promissory note.
4. What is the relationship between Santiago and Chechy?
(a) Father and son.
(b) Uncle and nephew.
(d) Half brothers.
5. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
(c) The ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes the types of tasks workers in the factory perform?
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
3. What did the the shy boy help Conchita carry out?
4. Which character is newly arrived?
5. What does Levin's efforts to dissuade Anna's brother from selling off his ancestral land make Santiago realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Conchita chide Palomo about?
2. What do Conchita and Palomo debate about and what in the novel does she compare her husband's feelings about?
3. How does act 2 scene 3 open?
4. What is going on between Santiago and Ofelia at the opening of scene four?
5. When does Conchita say that Palomo will understand?
6. What does Chechy accuse Marela of after Santiago leaves?
7. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
8. What happened to the old lector, Teodoro?
9. What does the character Karenin want to do in regards to Vronsky?
10. How would you describe the woman at the factory and Juan Julian upon his arrival?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)