|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
(a) Provide closure for Ofelia.
(b) Bring the men and women closer.
(c) Help Chechy move on.
(d) Alienate the new lector.
2. What is the band on a cigar the symbol of?
3. What is the relationship between Santiago and Chechy?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(b) Half brothers.
(d) Father and son.
4. What does Conchita want to have for herself?
(a) A child.
(b) A new husband.
(c) A divorce.
(d) A lover.
5. What happened to Teodoro?
(a) He died.
(b) He was sent away.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He quit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Juan Julian doing at the end of act 1?
2. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
3. What is the character of Vronsky fiercely dedicated to in the story?
4. Which of the following descriptors best fits Chechy?
5. When do the two spouses begin to communicate with each other in a direct manner?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Conchita say that Palomo will understand?
2. What information does Santiago reveal about his gambling habit?
3. Whose side of the issue does Santiago take and how does he solve it?
4. What does Santiago say about Ofelia's slippers?
5. How does Conchita describe the experience of making love with Juan Julian?
6. What causes Juan Julian to reconsider his choice at reading Anna Karenina as his first novel?
7. What does Marela propose about Juan Julian?
8. What part of the book does Palomo begin to read at the end of the play?
9. How does Conchita describe her relationship with Juan Julian to Palomo?
10. What has Chechy purchased and how does Ofelia react to the purchase?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)