|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juan Julian believe Anna fell in with Vronsky?
(a) She needed to feel love.
(b) She needed to rediscover herself as a woman.
(c) She wanted to hurt her husband.
(d) She was weak and helpless.
2. Which of the following characters enters unnoticed?
3. What did Chechy purchase?
(a) New land for the factory.
(b) Tape recorder.
(c) A cigar cutter.
(d) Rolling machine.
4. Where does Ofelia say the keys are?
(a) Under the lantern.
(b) At their house.
(c) Inside the book.
5. What does Palomo complain about?
(a) The waste of money.
(b) The cost of the party.
(c) Not being able to sleep.
(d) Juan Julian's presence.
6. What is Marela wearing when she enters?
(b) Russian coat.
(c) Cigar wrapper.
7. Which of the following is the best description of how Palomo feels as act 2 scene 2 opens?
8. Where is the piece of paper with Juan Julian's name to be placed then?
(a) Glass of water and brown sugar.
(b) On the bag of the cigar bands.
(c) Into the ocean when the next boat comes.
(d) In an envelope.
9. What is Juan Julian doing as Conchita talks with her husband?
(a) Taking pictures of Marela.
(b) Watching them through a window.
(c) Reading from Anna Karenina.
(d) Talking with Ofelia.
10. Who does Marela believe would object to the superstition?
11. What two things does Palomo want to know from Conchita?
(a) What the lector is reading and how she likes it.
(b) What happened to the new machine and how she feels about the lector.
(c) If she is pregnant and why she denies having a lover.
(d) Where she meets her lover and what they do.
12. Which character is not toasting before the party begins?
(b) Juan Julian.
13. How many of the factory workers want to dismiss the lector?
14. How many days after the tragedy does act 2 scene 5 occur?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 3 days.
15. Where is the setting of the opening of act 2?
(a) On a boat.
(c) Conchita's house.
(d) In a park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Palomo look at when he starts?
2. What was rising cigar smoke supposed to do in history according to Juan Julian?
3. Who is Chechy arguing with?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Conchita spoke with Palomo about her affair?
5. What does Santiago suggest to announce what they have done?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)