|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does act 2 scene 2 look at erotic love?
2. Who interrupts the discussion between Juan Julian, Chechy and Palomo?
(a) Marela and Ofelia.
(b) Santiago and Ofelia.
(c) Santiago and Marela.
(d) Conchita and Ofelia.
3. Which of the following characters enters unnoticed?
4. Where does this scene take place?
(a) On the boat.
(b) At the funeral.
(c) At Conchita's home.
(d) In the factory.
5. Why does Conchita think Santiago is not there?
(a) He has a hangover.
(b) He is looking for Juan Julian.
(c) He is selling the new brand.
(d) He is ordering equipment.
6. What is Juan Julian doing as Conchita talks with her husband?
(a) Reading from Anna Karenina.
(b) Taking pictures of Marela.
(c) Watching them through a window.
(d) Talking with Ofelia.
7. What does Juan Julian bring to help decorate the factory?
(d) Palm leaves.
8. What does Santiago suggest to announce what they have done?
(a) Having a party.
(b) Passing out samples.
(c) Firing of celebratory gunshots.
(d) Going to bed.
9. How many days after the tragedy does act 2 scene 5 occur?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 3 days.
10. Who offers to read?
11. Who is Chechy arguing with?
(c) Juan Julian.
12. Why do Conchita and Juan Julian separate quickly?
(a) Palomo calling for Conchita.
(b) They hear workers approaching.
(c) Santigo's voice calling.
(d) The sound of the door opening.
13. What does Karenin decide killing a man to define a relationship with a woman is?
14. What did Ofelia once sit for?
(a) A family portrait.
(b) A jar of jelly.
(c) A book cover.
(d) A cigar label.
15. Who does Conchita avoid contact with at the party?
(b) Juan Julian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reaches out to touch the lector as he is dying?
2. How many times is the lector shot?
3. What does Juan Julian say that the tradition of reading to the workers goes back to?
4. What does Palomo need?
5. What does Santiago complain about?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)