|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marela believe the living must do?
(a) Follow all superstitions.
(b) Support each other in pain.
(c) Take all possible precautions.
(d) Look after the dead.
2. What does Palomo ask Conchita to show her?
(a) What she would like to do with her husband.
(b) Where she goes with the lector.
(c) What the lector does to her.
(d) How the new machine works.
3. Which of the following does Conchita not show as she talks to Palomo?
4. Who offers to read?
5. Where does Juan Julian tell Conchita he would prefer to meet?
(a) His room or a hotel.
(b) Near the lake.
(c) The factory.
(d) Her home.
6. What is odd about Marela?
(a) She doesn't talk anymore.
(b) She is still wearing her coat.
(c) She is hugging Juan Julian's dead body.
(d) She is not crying.
7. What are Juan Julian and Conchita doing as Act 2 opens?
(a) Reading from the novel.
(d) Making love.
8. What do Conchita and Palomo wonder?
(a) How they can be divorced.
(b) Where they go from here.
(c) How they drifted apart.
(d) What is left for them.
9. What does Juan Julian do as he reads the novel?
(a) He reads softly during the non-sexual parts.
(b) He adds his own comments and discussions.
(c) He reads it out of order.
(d) He makes up his own parts.
10. Where does this scene take place?
(a) At Conchita's home.
(b) At the funeral.
(c) On the boat.
(d) In the factory.
11. What did Chechy purchase?
(a) New land for the factory.
(b) A cigar cutter.
(c) Rolling machine.
(d) Tape recorder.
12. What does Conchita want someone to do?
(a) Change the subject.
(b) Tell a story about Juan Julian.
(c) Write Juan Julian's name on the paper.
(d) Continue reading.
13. What does Karenin decide killing a man to define a relationship with a woman is?
14. Who reaches out to touch the lector as he is dying?
15. How does the lector suggest the issues about him should be decided?
(a) Financial factors.
(c) Continued discussion.
(d) Democratic vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Juan Julian believe Anna fell in with Vronsky?
2. Where does Ofelia say the keys are?
3. What does Palomo compare alcohol to?
4. Which of the following is a synonym for the term chides as used in the following sentence: Conchita chides Palomo about the behavior of lovers.
5. What is the single topic of act 2 scene 2?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)