|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the factory workers want to dismiss the lector?
2. What are the factory workers celebrating?
(a) New equipment.
(b) New brand.
(c) End of the book.
3. What does Juan Julian say that the tradition of reading to the workers goes back to?
(a) Translating sacred words of dieties to common folk.
(b) Indian's influence over the in habitants.
(c) Spainards introducing new religion.
(d) Ponce de Leon's travels in Florida and Cuba.
4. Who do the sworn enemy of lectors turn into?
(a) A belief.
(b) A tool.
(c) A lector.
(d) A singer.
5. Why does Marela say that crying is wrong?
(a) Tears concentrate attention on the killer.
(b) Tears are tool of the devil.
(c) Tears show he is not in a better place.
(d) Tears simply cause more tears.
6. What right does Ofelia assert?
(c) Land owner.
(d) Factory owner.
7. What is Juan Julian doing as Conchita talks with her husband?
(a) Reading from Anna Karenina.
(b) Watching them through a window.
(c) Taking pictures of Marela.
(d) Talking with Ofelia.
8. What does Palomo need?
(a) The books.
(b) A few of the new cigars.
(c) Keys to the safe.
(d) A copy of the book.
9. According to Ofelia it is much louder now than when?
(a) Before Juan Julian arrived.
(b) After Mildred ran away with the lector.
(c) Before then made the Anna Karenina cigar.
(d) After the last lector died.
10. What two things does Palomo want to know from Conchita?
(a) Where she meets her lover and what they do.
(b) What happened to the new machine and how she feels about the lector.
(c) If she is pregnant and why she denies having a lover.
(d) What the lector is reading and how she likes it.
11. Who reaches out to touch the lector as he is dying?
12. Who do Palomoa and Conchita need to pay?
(a) Delivery boy.
(b) Santiago's debts.
(c) Juan Julian.
13. What does Karenin decide killing a man to define a relationship with a woman is?
14. What argument does Chechy use to defend his purchase?
(a) Elimination of Juan's role.
(b) Being the man.
(c) Need for modernity.
(d) His role as supervisor.
15. What type of liability is discussed in regard to the lectors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karenin imply killing the lover defines?
2. Where does Juan Julian tell Conchita he would prefer to meet?
3. Who does Ofelia send for to end the argument?
4. Who does Palomo look at when he starts?
5. How does the lector suggest the issues about him should be decided?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)