|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Conchita think Santiago is not there?
(a) He is looking for Juan Julian.
(b) He is ordering equipment.
(c) He has a hangover.
(d) He is selling the new brand.
2. What does Ofelia complain about?
(b) Not knowing the ending of the book.
(c) Constant crying.
(d) Marela's coat.
3. Conchita sees that she and Juan Julian are like what when they make love?
(a) United against the world.
(b) One person.
(c) Characters on a stage.
(d) Soul mates.
4. What is Marela wearing when she enters?
(a) Russian coat.
(c) Cigar wrapper.
5. What does Karenin decide killing a man to define a relationship with a woman is?
6. Why does Marela believe the living must do?
(a) Take all possible precautions.
(b) Follow all superstitions.
(c) Support each other in pain.
(d) Look after the dead.
7. Which character is not toasting before the party begins?
(d) Juan Julian.
8. Why does Marela say that crying is wrong?
(a) Tears concentrate attention on the killer.
(b) Tears simply cause more tears.
(c) Tears show he is not in a better place.
(d) Tears are tool of the devil.
9. What does Palomo complain about?
(a) The cost of the party.
(b) The waste of money.
(c) Not being able to sleep.
(d) Juan Julian's presence.
10. Which of the following terms best describes how Conchita spoke with Palomo about her affair?
11. What does Juan Julian do as he reads the novel?
(a) He adds his own comments and discussions.
(b) He makes up his own parts.
(c) He reads it out of order.
(d) He reads softly during the non-sexual parts.
12. What suggestion does Chechy make to Palomo about his wife?
(a) Beating up Juan Julian.
(b) Ending the affair.
(c) Getting her pregnant so she won't work anymore.
(d) Moving up north.
13. What does Santiago suggest to announce what they have done?
(a) Going to bed.
(b) Firing of celebratory gunshots.
(c) Passing out samples.
(d) Having a party.
14. What does Ofelia believe prohibition stems from?
(a) Lack of ability to make it .
(b) White Americans cannot dance.
(c) Control and dictatorship.
15. What does Marela wear to model for the ring on the new brand?
(a) Fur coat.
(b) Russian costume.
(c) Diamond ring.
(d) Swim suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Palomo want to know from Conchita?
2. What does Santiago complain about?
3. What are Juan Julian and Conchita doing as Act 2 opens?
4. What does Chechy accuse Marela of?
5. Why was Vronsky intrigued with dueling?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)