|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does writing Juan Julian's name on the piece of paper and then placing it where it is suggested supposedly do that for him?
(a) Show his spirit is welcome is here.
(b) Ensure his acceptance into heaven.
(c) Have him always be remembered.
(d) Allow him to find peace.
2. What does Marela wear to model for the ring on the new brand?
(a) Fur coat.
(b) Diamond ring.
(c) Russian costume.
(d) Swim suit.
3. Where are Palomo and Conchita as act 2 scene 4 opens?
(a) At a party.
(d) Taking a walk.
4. Why does Juan Julian believe Anna fell in with Vronsky?
(a) She was weak and helpless.
(b) She needed to rediscover herself as a woman.
(c) She needed to feel love.
(d) She wanted to hurt her husband.
5. What question do Palomo and Chechy ask Juan Julian about Karenin?
(a) Why Karenin would not have murdered Vronksy.
(b) Why he is sleeping with Palomo's wife.
(c) Why Anna fell in love with Vronsky.
(d) Why he chose to read the Anna book.
6. Why does Marela say that crying is wrong?
(a) Tears concentrate attention on the killer.
(b) Tears simply cause more tears.
(c) Tears show he is not in a better place.
(d) Tears are tool of the devil.
7. What is the single topic of act 2 scene 2?
(a) Modern issues.
(b) Erotic love.
(c) Anna Karenina.
8. How many days after the tragedy does act 2 scene 5 occur?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 5 days.
9. What does Santiago present from his pocket?
(a) The invoice for many cigars.
(b) The first Anna Karenina cigar.
(c) A copy of the book Anna Karenina.
(d) A work order.
10. What does Ofelia complain about?
(a) Marela's coat.
(b) Not knowing the ending of the book.
(c) Constant crying.
11. What does Santiago do which might indicate he has a hangover?
(a) Looks horrible.
(b) Rubs his head.
(c) Complains about the light.
(d) Takes pain medication for his head.
12. What did Ofelia once sit for?
(a) A cigar label.
(b) A jar of jelly.
(c) A family portrait.
(d) A book cover.
13. What suggestion does Chechy make to Palomo about his wife?
(a) Beating up Juan Julian.
(b) Ending the affair.
(c) Getting her pregnant so she won't work anymore.
(d) Moving up north.
14. Where is the setting of the opening of act 2?
(a) Conchita's house.
(b) In a park.
(c) On a boat.
15. What two things does Palomo want to know from Conchita?
(a) What the lector is reading and how she likes it.
(b) What happened to the new machine and how she feels about the lector.
(c) Where she meets her lover and what they do.
(d) If she is pregnant and why she denies having a lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chechy arguing with?
2. Why was Vronsky intrigued with dueling?
3. What is Marela wearing when she enters?
4. What is odd about Marela?
5. How does Conchita believe having sex with Juan Julian feels?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)