|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ofelia believe prohibition stems from?
(a) White Americans cannot dance.
(b) Control and dictatorship.
(d) Lack of ability to make it .
2. What is Chechy arguing about?
(a) Chonchita's actions.
(b) Factory management.
(c) The girl's behavior.
(d) Juan Julian's staying.
3. What does Santiago complain about?
(a) Palomo's attitude.
(b) Ofelia's slippers.
(c) Deliveries so late.
(d) Conchita's clothes.
4. What does Palomo ask Conchita to show her?
(a) Where she goes with the lector.
(b) What the lector does to her.
(c) How the new machine works.
(d) What she would like to do with her husband.
5. What does Karenin want to do with Vronsky in the book?
(a) Challenge him to a duel.
(b) Fire him.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Strip him of his manhood.
6. What is the single topic of act 2 scene 2?
(a) Erotic love.
(b) Modern issues.
(d) Anna Karenina.
7. What is Karenin going to do in the last portion being read?
(a) Kill his wife's lover.
(b) Start a new life in a new city.
(c) Write a letter to his wife.
(d) Start a duel.
8. Who proposes writing Juan Julian's name on a piece of paper?
9. Who is Chechy arguing with?
(d) Juan Julian.
10. What are Juan Julian and Conchita doing as Act 2 opens?
(a) Making love.
(c) Reading from the novel.
11. Where does Palomo ask his wife to show him what is done to her?
(a) Using the lector.
(b) In the factory.
(c) At their home.
(d) On his body.
12. What did Chechy purchase?
(a) Rolling machine.
(b) A cigar cutter.
(c) New land for the factory.
(d) Tape recorder.
13. What does Juan Julian bring to help decorate the factory?
(b) Palm leaves.
14. Which of the following is the best description of how Palomo feels as act 2 scene 2 opens?
15. Where does Juan Julian tell Conchita he would prefer to meet?
(a) Her home.
(b) The factory.
(c) Near the lake.
(d) His room or a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What terrified Conchita about having sex with Juan Julian?
2. What does Palomo compare alcohol to?
3. What does Santiago suggest to announce what they have done?
4. What are the factory workers celebrating?
5. What suggestion does Chechy make to Palomo about his wife?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)