|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Conchita spoke with Palomo about her affair?
2. What does Santiago compare Ofelia's slippers to?
(a) A fuzzy bunny.
(b) A running train.
(c) A constant shuffle.
(d) A bongo drum.
3. What does Ofelia complain about?
(a) Not knowing the ending of the book.
(c) Marela's coat.
(d) Constant crying.
4. What right does Ofelia assert?
(a) Land owner.
(d) Factory owner.
5. What does Marela insist Palomo do?
(a) Play some music.
(b) Finish reading Anna Karenina.
(c) Make up with his wife.
(d) Start a new book.
6. What does Karenin decide killing a man to define a relationship with a woman is?
7. Who was Mildred?
(a) The factory owner.
(b) Palomo's lover.
(c) Chechy's wife.
(d) Juan Julian's sister.
8. Who does Conchita avoid contact with at the party?
(a) Juan Julian.
9. What are the factory workers celebrating?
(b) End of the book.
(c) New equipment.
(d) New brand.
10. What does Santiago say happens to Americans when they drink?
(a) They become socialists.
(b) They complete no work.
(c) They are unable to think.
(d) They commit crimes.
11. Who do Palomoa and Conchita need to pay?
(a) Juan Julian.
(b) Santiago's debts.
(d) Delivery boy.
12. How many days after the tragedy does act 2 scene 5 occur?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 day.
13. What type of liability is discussed in regard to the lectors?
14. How many times is the lector shot?
15. What does Palomo need?
(a) A copy of the book.
(b) A few of the new cigars.
(c) The books.
(d) Keys to the safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the discussion between Juan Julian, Chechy and Palomo?
2. Where does this scene take place?
3. What does Palomo complain about?
4. Who does Ofelia send for to end the argument?
5. What question do Palomo and Chechy ask Juan Julian about Karenin?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)