|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan Julian say that the tradition of reading to the workers goes back to?
(a) Translating sacred words of dieties to common folk.
(b) Ponce de Leon's travels in Florida and Cuba.
(c) Spainards introducing new religion.
(d) Indian's influence over the in habitants.
2. Which of the following is a synonym for the term chides as used in the following sentence: Conchita chides Palomo about the behavior of lovers.
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Conchita spoke with Palomo about her affair?
4. What does Conchita tell Palomo that he needs to do to be able to understand?
(a) Watch her and the lector have sex.
(b) Delve further into the book.
(c) Let himself go and become her.
(d) Take his own lover.
5. Why was Vronsky intrigued with dueling?
(a) It seems brave and just.
(b) He was always a physical coward.
(c) It would earn him respect.
(d) He knows he is skilled in this area.
6. What is Chechy arguing about?
(a) Factory management.
(b) The girl's behavior.
(c) Chonchita's actions.
(d) Juan Julian's staying.
7. What does Juan Julian do as he reads the novel?
(a) He reads softly during the non-sexual parts.
(b) He makes up his own parts.
(c) He reads it out of order.
(d) He adds his own comments and discussions.
8. What does Palomo compare alcohol to?
9. What terrified Conchita about having sex with Juan Julian?
(a) Getting caught.
(b) Palomo's feelings.
(c) How wrong it feels.
(d) How it can feel so write.
10. What does Ofelia complain about?
(b) Not knowing the ending of the book.
(c) Constant crying.
(d) Marela's coat.
11. What is odd about Marela?
(a) She is not crying.
(b) She is hugging Juan Julian's dead body.
(c) She is still wearing her coat.
(d) She doesn't talk anymore.
12. What suggestion does Chechy make to Palomo about his wife?
(a) Moving up north.
(b) Beating up Juan Julian.
(c) Ending the affair.
(d) Getting her pregnant so she won't work anymore.
13. How many times is the lector shot?
14. What does Karenin want to do with Vronsky in the book?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Strip him of his manhood.
(c) Fire him.
(d) Challenge him to a duel.
15. Where does Palomo ask his wife to show him what is done to her?
(a) At their home.
(b) On his body.
(c) Using the lector.
(d) In the factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Palomo look at when he starts?
2. How does the lector suggest the issues about him should be decided?
3. Who offers to read?
4. What does Chechy accuse Marela of?
5. Who do the sworn enemy of lectors turn into?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)