|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Conchita spoke with Palomo about her affair?
2. What was rising cigar smoke supposed to do in history according to Juan Julian?
(a) Protect the villagers.
(b) Defend against attackers.
(c) Help crops to grow.
(d) Communicate to the dietes.
3. How many times is the lector shot?
4. What does Palomo compare alcohol to?
5. What does Palomo need?
(a) A copy of the book.
(b) The books.
(c) Keys to the safe.
(d) A few of the new cigars.
6. What does Juan Julian say that the tradition of reading to the workers goes back to?
(a) Translating sacred words of dieties to common folk.
(b) Ponce de Leon's travels in Florida and Cuba.
(c) Spainards introducing new religion.
(d) Indian's influence over the in habitants.
7. What does Ofelia believe prohibition stems from?
(a) White Americans cannot dance.
(c) Lack of ability to make it .
(d) Control and dictatorship.
8. What are the factory workers celebrating?
(b) End of the book.
(c) New brand.
(d) New equipment.
9. What does Marela insist Palomo do?
(a) Make up with his wife.
(b) Finish reading Anna Karenina.
(c) Start a new book.
(d) Play some music.
10. What does Karenin imply killing the lover defines?
(c) Ones relations with a woman.
(d) Need to control a situation.
11. Who reaches out to touch the lector as he is dying?
12. Why was Vronsky intrigued with dueling?
(a) It seems brave and just.
(b) He knows he is skilled in this area.
(c) It would earn him respect.
(d) He was always a physical coward.
13. Who proposes writing Juan Julian's name on a piece of paper?
14. What are Chechy and Palomo using to decorate the factory?
(a) Palm leaves.
(c) Pictures of Marela.
15. What does Santiago say happens to Americans when they drink?
(a) They complete no work.
(b) They become socialists.
(c) They commit crimes.
(d) They are unable to think.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marela wear to model for the ring on the new brand?
2. Conchita sees that she and Juan Julian are like what when they make love?
3. What does Conchita suggest she and Juan Julian do as they have sex?
4. Who offers to read?
5. Where does Juan Julian tell Conchita he would prefer to meet?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)