|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Palomo and Conchita as act 2 scene 4 opens?
(a) At a party.
(b) Taking a walk.
2. What does Ofelia believe prohibition stems from?
(b) Control and dictatorship.
(c) Lack of ability to make it .
(d) White Americans cannot dance.
3. What does Santiago say happens to Americans when they drink?
(a) They complete no work.
(b) They are unable to think.
(c) They become socialists.
(d) They commit crimes.
4. Which character is not toasting before the party begins?
(a) Juan Julian.
5. What does Karenin decide killing a man to define a relationship with a woman is?
6. What is odd about Marela?
(a) She doesn't talk anymore.
(b) She is not crying.
(c) She is hugging Juan Julian's dead body.
(d) She is still wearing her coat.
7. Which of the following is a synonym for the term chides as used in the following sentence: Conchita chides Palomo about the behavior of lovers.
8. Why doesn't Conchita pick up reading where Juan Julian left off?
(a) She cannot read.
(b) She has to make the cigars.
(c) She doesn't have the energy.
(d) She will cry.
9. What does Santiago present from his pocket?
(a) The first Anna Karenina cigar.
(b) A copy of the book Anna Karenina.
(c) A work order.
(d) The invoice for many cigars.
10. What type of liability is discussed in regard to the lectors?
11. What is Juan Julian doing as Conchita talks with her husband?
(a) Watching them through a window.
(b) Talking with Ofelia.
(c) Reading from Anna Karenina.
(d) Taking pictures of Marela.
12. Who proposes writing Juan Julian's name on a piece of paper?
13. What does Palomo need?
(a) A copy of the book.
(b) The books.
(c) Keys to the safe.
(d) A few of the new cigars.
14. Where does this scene take place?
(a) At Conchita's home.
(b) In the factory.
(c) On the boat.
(d) At the funeral.
15. Which character does not agree with Karenin?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does act 2 scene 2 look at erotic love?
2. What does Chechy accuse Marela of?
3. Which of the following is the best description of how Palomo feels as act 2 scene 2 opens?
4. What are Juan Julian and Conchita doing as Act 2 opens?
5. Who reaches out to touch the lector as he is dying?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)