|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago do which might indicate he has a hangover?
(a) Rubs his head.
(b) Complains about the light.
(c) Takes pain medication for his head.
(d) Looks horrible.
2. What did Ofelia once sit for?
(a) A family portrait.
(b) A cigar label.
(c) A book cover.
(d) A jar of jelly.
3. What did Chechy purchase?
(a) New land for the factory.
(b) A cigar cutter.
(c) Tape recorder.
(d) Rolling machine.
4. Who do the sworn enemy of lectors turn into?
(a) A lector.
(b) A singer.
(c) A tool.
(d) A belief.
5. What argument does Chechy use to defend his purchase?
(a) Being the man.
(b) His role as supervisor.
(c) Need for modernity.
(d) Elimination of Juan's role.
6. How does the lector suggest the issues about him should be decided?
(a) Democratic vote.
(b) Continued discussion.
(d) Financial factors.
7. What does Conchita tell Palomo that he needs to do to be able to understand?
(a) Watch her and the lector have sex.
(b) Take his own lover.
(c) Delve further into the book.
(d) Let himself go and become her.
8. Who does Ofelia send for to end the argument?
(a) Juan Julian.
9. Where does Ofelia say the keys are?
(a) Inside the book.
(b) At their house.
(c) Under the lantern.
10. Why does Juan Julian believe Anna fell in with Vronsky?
(a) She needed to rediscover herself as a woman.
(b) She was weak and helpless.
(c) She needed to feel love.
(d) She wanted to hurt her husband.
11. Why doesn't Conchita pick up reading where Juan Julian left off?
(a) She has to make the cigars.
(b) She doesn't have the energy.
(c) She will cry.
(d) She cannot read.
12. According to Ofelia it is much louder now than when?
(a) Before then made the Anna Karenina cigar.
(b) After Mildred ran away with the lector.
(c) Before Juan Julian arrived.
(d) After the last lector died.
13. Why does Conchita think Santiago is not there?
(a) He is looking for Juan Julian.
(b) He is selling the new brand.
(c) He has a hangover.
(d) He is ordering equipment.
14. What do Conchita and Palomo wonder?
(a) How they drifted apart.
(b) Where they go from here.
(c) How they can be divorced.
(d) What is left for them.
15. What does Palomo need?
(a) A few of the new cigars.
(b) Keys to the safe.
(c) A copy of the book.
(d) The books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Conchita sees that she and Juan Julian are like what when they make love?
2. What are Chechy and Palomo using to decorate the factory?
3. Which of the following is a synonym for the term chides as used in the following sentence: Conchita chides Palomo about the behavior of lovers.
4. Which of the following is the best description of how Palomo feels as act 2 scene 2 opens?
5. Where is the piece of paper with Juan Julian's name to be placed then?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)