|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Chechy and Palomo using to decorate the factory?
(a) Palm leaves.
(c) Pictures of Marela.
2. What is Juan Julian doing as Conchita talks with her husband?
(a) Talking with Ofelia.
(b) Watching them through a window.
(c) Reading from Anna Karenina.
(d) Taking pictures of Marela.
3. Where does Palomo ask his wife to show him what is done to her?
(a) In the factory.
(b) On his body.
(c) At their home.
(d) Using the lector.
4. How many of the factory workers want to dismiss the lector?
5. How does the lector suggest the issues about him should be decided?
(a) Democratic vote.
(b) Continued discussion.
(c) Financial factors.
6. Who offers to read?
7. What does Karenin imply killing the lover defines?
(c) Need to control a situation.
(d) Ones relations with a woman.
8. Why does Marela believe the living must do?
(a) Support each other in pain.
(b) Take all possible precautions.
(c) Follow all superstitions.
(d) Look after the dead.
9. What does Juan Julian do as he reads the novel?
(a) He reads it out of order.
(b) He makes up his own parts.
(c) He reads softly during the non-sexual parts.
(d) He adds his own comments and discussions.
10. What did Chechy purchase?
(a) Tape recorder.
(b) A cigar cutter.
(c) Rolling machine.
(d) New land for the factory.
11. What is Santiago's decision in regards to the machine?
(a) Begins to install it.
(b) Orders the workers to be trained on it.
(c) Examines it himself.
(d) Orders it returned.
12. What does Santiago do which might indicate he has a hangover?
(a) Takes pain medication for his head.
(b) Looks horrible.
(c) Rubs his head.
(d) Complains about the light.
13. What terrified Conchita about having sex with Juan Julian?
(a) How wrong it feels.
(b) How it can feel so write.
(c) Getting caught.
(d) Palomo's feelings.
14. How does Conchita believe having sex with Juan Julian feels?
(a) Natural and right.
(c) Surprisingly unexciting.
(d) As if she is wrong.
15. What does Santiago suggest to announce what they have done?
(a) Having a party.
(b) Passing out samples.
(c) Firing of celebratory gunshots.
(d) Going to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marela wear to model for the ring on the new brand?
2. Why does Conchita think Santiago is not there?
3. What happens to Juan Julian?
4. What is the single topic of act 2 scene 2?
5. Who does Conchita avoid contact with at the party?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)