|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does act 2 scene 2 look at erotic love?
2. Where does Palomo ask his wife to show him what is done to her?
(a) On his body.
(b) At their home.
(c) Using the lector.
(d) In the factory.
3. What question do Palomo and Chechy ask Juan Julian about Karenin?
(a) Why he is sleeping with Palomo's wife.
(b) Why Karenin would not have murdered Vronksy.
(c) Why Anna fell in love with Vronsky.
(d) Why he chose to read the Anna book.
4. What does Marela wear to model for the ring on the new brand?
(a) Diamond ring.
(b) Russian costume.
(c) Fur coat.
(d) Swim suit.
5. Which of the following is a synonym for the term chides as used in the following sentence: Conchita chides Palomo about the behavior of lovers.
6. What does writing Juan Julian's name on the piece of paper and then placing it where it is suggested supposedly do that for him?
(a) Ensure his acceptance into heaven.
(b) Allow him to find peace.
(c) Show his spirit is welcome is here.
(d) Have him always be remembered.
7. What suggestion does Chechy make to Palomo about his wife?
(a) Beating up Juan Julian.
(b) Moving up north.
(c) Ending the affair.
(d) Getting her pregnant so she won't work anymore.
8. How does the lector suggest the issues about him should be decided?
(b) Continued discussion.
(c) Financial factors.
(d) Democratic vote.
9. Why does Juan Julian believe Anna fell in with Vronsky?
(a) She wanted to hurt her husband.
(b) She was weak and helpless.
(c) She needed to rediscover herself as a woman.
(d) She needed to feel love.
10. Who does Palomo look at when he starts?
11. Which of the following is the best description of how Palomo feels as act 2 scene 2 opens?
12. Which of the following terms best describes how Conchita spoke with Palomo about her affair?
13. What does Juan Julian do as he reads the novel?
(a) He reads it out of order.
(b) He reads softly during the non-sexual parts.
(c) He adds his own comments and discussions.
(d) He makes up his own parts.
14. Who do the sworn enemy of lectors turn into?
(a) A singer.
(b) A tool.
(c) A lector.
(d) A belief.
15. Who do Palomoa and Conchita need to pay?
(a) Santiago's debts.
(c) Juan Julian.
(d) Delivery boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Palomo want to know from Conchita?
2. What does Ofelia believe prohibition stems from?
3. Why doesn't Conchita pick up reading where Juan Julian left off?
4. What is the single topic of act 2 scene 2?
5. What does Santiago say happens to Americans when they drink?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)