|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the sworn enemy of lectors turn into?
(a) A belief.
(b) A tool.
(c) A singer.
(d) A lector.
2. What does Ofelia believe prohibition stems from?
(b) Lack of ability to make it .
(c) Control and dictatorship.
(d) White Americans cannot dance.
3. What does Karenin want to do with Vronsky in the book?
(a) Challenge him to a duel.
(b) Strip him of his manhood.
(c) Fire him.
(d) Shoot him.
4. How does Conchita believe having sex with Juan Julian feels?
(a) Surprisingly unexciting.
(c) As if she is wrong.
(d) Natural and right.
5. What does Santiago complain about?
(a) Conchita's clothes.
(b) Ofelia's slippers.
(c) Palomo's attitude.
(d) Deliveries so late.
6. Who is Chechy arguing with?
(a) Juan Julian.
7. What is odd about Marela?
(a) She is not crying.
(b) She doesn't talk anymore.
(c) She is hugging Juan Julian's dead body.
(d) She is still wearing her coat.
8. What terrified Conchita about having sex with Juan Julian?
(a) Getting caught.
(b) How wrong it feels.
(c) Palomo's feelings.
(d) How it can feel so write.
9. Which character does not agree with Karenin?
10. What is Juan Julian doing as Conchita talks with her husband?
(a) Talking with Ofelia.
(b) Taking pictures of Marela.
(c) Reading from Anna Karenina.
(d) Watching them through a window.
11. What does Palomo complain about?
(a) The cost of the party.
(b) The waste of money.
(c) Not being able to sleep.
(d) Juan Julian's presence.
12. What are Chechy and Palomo using to decorate the factory?
(c) Palm leaves.
(d) Pictures of Marela.
13. What does Ofelia complain about?
(b) Not knowing the ending of the book.
(c) Marela's coat.
(d) Constant crying.
14. Why doesn't Conchita pick up reading where Juan Julian left off?
(a) She doesn't have the energy.
(b) She will cry.
(c) She has to make the cigars.
(d) She cannot read.
15. Who interrupts the discussion between Juan Julian, Chechy and Palomo?
(a) Santiago and Marela.
(b) Santiago and Ofelia.
(c) Conchita and Ofelia.
(d) Marela and Ofelia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karenin decide killing a man to define a relationship with a woman is?
2. Who does Conchita avoid contact with at the party?
3. What does Juan Julian say that the tradition of reading to the workers goes back to?
4. What are Juan Julian and Conchita doing as Act 2 opens?
5. Who proposes writing Juan Julian's name on a piece of paper?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)