|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marela insist Palomo do?
(a) Make up with his wife.
(b) Start a new book.
(c) Play some music.
(d) Finish reading Anna Karenina.
2. Who do the sworn enemy of lectors turn into?
(a) A belief.
(b) A lector.
(c) A tool.
(d) A singer.
3. Which of the following does Conchita not show as she talks to Palomo?
4. What does Santiago compare Ofelia's slippers to?
(a) A bongo drum.
(b) A fuzzy bunny.
(c) A running train.
(d) A constant shuffle.
5. What does Palomo complain about?
(a) The waste of money.
(b) The cost of the party.
(c) Not being able to sleep.
(d) Juan Julian's presence.
6. What does Conchita want someone to do?
(a) Change the subject.
(b) Tell a story about Juan Julian.
(c) Write Juan Julian's name on the paper.
(d) Continue reading.
7. Why does Conchita think Santiago is not there?
(a) He is looking for Juan Julian.
(b) He is ordering equipment.
(c) He is selling the new brand.
(d) He has a hangover.
8. How does the lector suggest the issues about him should be decided?
(a) Continued discussion.
(b) Democratic vote.
(c) Financial factors.
9. What is Juan Julian doing as Conchita talks with her husband?
(a) Reading from Anna Karenina.
(b) Watching them through a window.
(c) Taking pictures of Marela.
(d) Talking with Ofelia.
10. What suggestion does Chechy make to Palomo about his wife?
(a) Beating up Juan Julian.
(b) Moving up north.
(c) Getting her pregnant so she won't work anymore.
(d) Ending the affair.
11. What does Karenin imply killing the lover defines?
(a) Need to control a situation.
(d) Ones relations with a woman.
12. Who interrupts the discussion between Juan Julian, Chechy and Palomo?
(a) Santiago and Marela.
(b) Marela and Ofelia.
(c) Conchita and Ofelia.
(d) Santiago and Ofelia.
13. Where is the setting of the opening of act 2?
(a) On a boat.
(c) In a park.
(d) Conchita's house.
14. Who is Chechy arguing with?
(c) Juan Julian.
15. What did Chechy purchase?
(a) Rolling machine.
(b) A cigar cutter.
(c) New land for the factory.
(d) Tape recorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan Julian say that the tradition of reading to the workers goes back to?
2. What is Marela wearing when she enters?
3. What does Juan Julian do as he reads the novel?
4. Where is the piece of paper with Juan Julian's name to be placed then?
5. What did Ofelia once sit for?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)