|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts the discussion between Juan Julian, Chechy and Palomo?
(a) Conchita and Ofelia.
(b) Marela and Ofelia.
(c) Santiago and Ofelia.
(d) Santiago and Marela.
2. What does Palomo ask Conchita to show her?
(a) Where she goes with the lector.
(b) What the lector does to her.
(c) How the new machine works.
(d) What she would like to do with her husband.
3. What does Santiago complain about?
(a) Palomo's attitude.
(b) Conchita's clothes.
(c) Deliveries so late.
(d) Ofelia's slippers.
4. What terrified Conchita about having sex with Juan Julian?
(a) How wrong it feels.
(b) Getting caught.
(c) How it can feel so write.
(d) Palomo's feelings.
5. Why does Marela say that crying is wrong?
(a) Tears simply cause more tears.
(b) Tears are tool of the devil.
(c) Tears concentrate attention on the killer.
(d) Tears show he is not in a better place.
6. What was rising cigar smoke supposed to do in history according to Juan Julian?
(a) Help crops to grow.
(b) Communicate to the dietes.
(c) Protect the villagers.
(d) Defend against attackers.
7. What does Palomo complain about?
(a) Not being able to sleep.
(b) The cost of the party.
(c) Juan Julian's presence.
(d) The waste of money.
8. What does Palomo compare alcohol to?
9. What does Santiago suggest to announce what they have done?
(a) Firing of celebratory gunshots.
(b) Going to bed.
(c) Having a party.
(d) Passing out samples.
10. Which character does not agree with Karenin?
11. In what way does act 2 scene 2 look at erotic love?
12. Why was Vronsky intrigued with dueling?
(a) He was always a physical coward.
(b) It would earn him respect.
(c) It seems brave and just.
(d) He knows he is skilled in this area.
13. What does Marela insist Palomo do?
(a) Make up with his wife.
(b) Finish reading Anna Karenina.
(c) Play some music.
(d) Start a new book.
14. What does Karenin decide killing a man to define a relationship with a woman is?
15. How does the lector suggest the issues about him should be decided?
(a) Democratic vote.
(b) Continued discussion.
(d) Financial factors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Santiago's decision in regards to the machine?
2. Why does Conchita think Santiago is not there?
3. What do Conchita and Palomo wonder?
4. Who offers to read?
5. What happens to Juan Julian?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)