|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Palomo look at when he starts?
2. What does Conchita suggest she and Juan Julian do as they have sex?
(a) Drift apart.
(b) Talk and soothe.
(c) Exchange roles.
(d) Become selfish.
3. What does Chechy accuse Marela of?
(a) Wanting to live in Russia.
(b) Sleeping with Juan Julian.
(c) Wanting to sleep with him.
(d) Poor performance.
4. What question do Palomo and Chechy ask Juan Julian about Karenin?
(a) Why he is sleeping with Palomo's wife.
(b) Why he chose to read the Anna book.
(c) Why Anna fell in love with Vronsky.
(d) Why Karenin would not have murdered Vronksy.
5. What is Karenin going to do in the last portion being read?
(a) Start a duel.
(b) Write a letter to his wife.
(c) Kill his wife's lover.
(d) Start a new life in a new city.
6. Where does Palomo ask his wife to show him what is done to her?
(a) On his body.
(b) Using the lector.
(c) In the factory.
(d) At their home.
7. What does Ofelia believe prohibition stems from?
(a) White Americans cannot dance.
(c) Control and dictatorship.
(d) Lack of ability to make it .
8. What happens to Juan Julian?
(a) He quits and leaves.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He asks Conchita to go away with him.
9. Which character does not agree with Karenin?
10. What does Santiago say happens to Americans when they drink?
(a) They become socialists.
(b) They are unable to think.
(c) They complete no work.
(d) They commit crimes.
11. What are Chechy and Palomo using to decorate the factory?
(b) Pictures of Marela.
(d) Palm leaves.
12. Which of the following does Conchita not show as she talks to Palomo?
13. Where is the setting of the opening of act 2?
(a) On a boat.
(b) In a park.
(c) Conchita's house.
14. Why does Conchita think Santiago is not there?
(a) He has a hangover.
(b) He is selling the new brand.
(c) He is ordering equipment.
(d) He is looking for Juan Julian.
15. What is Santiago's decision in regards to the machine?
(a) Begins to install it.
(b) Orders it returned.
(c) Examines it himself.
(d) Orders the workers to be trained on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reaches out to touch the lector as he is dying?
2. What does Santiago do which might indicate he has a hangover?
3. What was rising cigar smoke supposed to do in history according to Juan Julian?
4. What two things does Palomo want to know from Conchita?
5. What does Karenin want to do with Vronsky in the book?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)