|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conchita tell Palomo that he needs to do to be able to understand?
(a) Watch her and the lector have sex.
(b) Take his own lover.
(c) Let himself go and become her.
(d) Delve further into the book.
2. What question do Palomo and Chechy ask Juan Julian about Karenin?
(a) Why Anna fell in love with Vronsky.
(b) Why he is sleeping with Palomo's wife.
(c) Why Karenin would not have murdered Vronksy.
(d) Why he chose to read the Anna book.
3. Who is Chechy arguing with?
(a) Juan Julian.
4. Who was Mildred?
(a) Juan Julian's sister.
(b) Chechy's wife.
(c) Palomo's lover.
(d) The factory owner.
5. Which of the following does Conchita not show as she talks to Palomo?
6. What are the factory workers celebrating?
(a) End of the book.
(b) New brand.
(d) New equipment.
7. How many of the factory workers want to dismiss the lector?
8. What does Marela insist Palomo do?
(a) Finish reading Anna Karenina.
(b) Play some music.
(c) Make up with his wife.
(d) Start a new book.
9. Who do Palomoa and Conchita need to pay?
(a) Juan Julian.
(b) Santiago's debts.
(d) Delivery boy.
10. What are Chechy and Palomo using to decorate the factory?
(b) Palm leaves.
(c) Pictures of Marela.
11. What argument does Chechy use to defend his purchase?
(a) Being the man.
(b) Need for modernity.
(c) His role as supervisor.
(d) Elimination of Juan's role.
12. What does Palomo need?
(a) The books.
(b) Keys to the safe.
(c) A copy of the book.
(d) A few of the new cigars.
13. What does Chechy accuse Marela of?
(a) Poor performance.
(b) Sleeping with Juan Julian.
(c) Wanting to live in Russia.
(d) Wanting to sleep with him.
14. What does Santiago do which might indicate he has a hangover?
(a) Rubs his head.
(b) Complains about the light.
(c) Takes pain medication for his head.
(d) Looks horrible.
15. What does Santiago present from his pocket?
(a) A copy of the book Anna Karenina.
(b) The invoice for many cigars.
(c) The first Anna Karenina cigar.
(d) A work order.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago complain about?
2. Why doesn't Conchita pick up reading where Juan Julian left off?
3. Where does this scene take place?
4. Why do Conchita and Juan Julian separate quickly?
5. What does Karenin want to do with Vronsky in the book?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)