|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question do Palomo and Chechy ask Juan Julian about Karenin?
(a) Why he chose to read the Anna book.
(b) Why he is sleeping with Palomo's wife.
(c) Why Anna fell in love with Vronsky.
(d) Why Karenin would not have murdered Vronksy.
2. What does Juan Julian say that the tradition of reading to the workers goes back to?
(a) Translating sacred words of dieties to common folk.
(b) Spainards introducing new religion.
(c) Ponce de Leon's travels in Florida and Cuba.
(d) Indian's influence over the in habitants.
3. What are Chechy and Palomo using to decorate the factory?
(b) Pictures of Marela.
(c) Palm leaves.
4. What is Karenin going to do in the last portion being read?
(a) Start a new life in a new city.
(b) Write a letter to his wife.
(c) Start a duel.
(d) Kill his wife's lover.
5. Who reaches out to touch the lector as he is dying?
6. What does Juan Julian decline to say?
(a) What he does with Conchita.
(b) Why Anna fell in with Vronsky.
(c) Which character he personally identifies with.
(d) Why Karenin did not commit murder.
7. What does Conchita suggest she and Juan Julian do as they have sex?
(a) Exchange roles.
(b) Become selfish.
(c) Talk and soothe.
(d) Drift apart.
8. Where does this scene take place?
(a) At Conchita's home.
(b) In the factory.
(c) At the funeral.
(d) On the boat.
9. Where is the piece of paper with Juan Julian's name to be placed then?
(a) Into the ocean when the next boat comes.
(b) Glass of water and brown sugar.
(c) On the bag of the cigar bands.
(d) In an envelope.
10. What is Juan Julian doing as Conchita talks with her husband?
(a) Watching them through a window.
(b) Talking with Ofelia.
(c) Reading from Anna Karenina.
(d) Taking pictures of Marela.
11. What part of Palomo does Juan Julian begin with?
12. Why does Juan Julian believe Anna fell in with Vronsky?
(a) She wanted to hurt her husband.
(b) She needed to rediscover herself as a woman.
(c) She was weak and helpless.
(d) She needed to feel love.
13. What does Conchita tell Palomo that he needs to do to be able to understand?
(a) Take his own lover.
(b) Delve further into the book.
(c) Watch her and the lector have sex.
(d) Let himself go and become her.
14. Which of the following does Conchita not show as she talks to Palomo?
15. Why does Marela believe the living must do?
(a) Look after the dead.
(b) Follow all superstitions.
(c) Support each other in pain.
(d) Take all possible precautions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago present from his pocket?
2. Who does Marela believe would object to the superstition?
3. Where does Juan Julian tell Conchita he would prefer to meet?
4. Who do the sworn enemy of lectors turn into?
5. What does Santiago say happens to Americans when they drink?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)