|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ofelia send for to end the argument?
(c) Juan Julian.
2. What does Conchita want someone to do?
(a) Write Juan Julian's name on the paper.
(b) Continue reading.
(c) Tell a story about Juan Julian.
(d) Change the subject.
3. What does Marela wear to model for the ring on the new brand?
(a) Swim suit.
(b) Russian costume.
(c) Diamond ring.
(d) Fur coat.
4. How many of the factory workers want to dismiss the lector?
5. What type of liability is discussed in regard to the lectors?
6. Who does Marela believe would object to the superstition?
7. What does Ofelia complain about?
(a) Not knowing the ending of the book.
(c) Constant crying.
(d) Marela's coat.
8. Where does this scene take place?
(a) On the boat.
(b) At the funeral.
(c) In the factory.
(d) At Conchita's home.
9. What is the single topic of act 2 scene 2?
(b) Anna Karenina.
(c) Modern issues.
(d) Erotic love.
10. What does Conchita tell Palomo that he needs to do to be able to understand?
(a) Take his own lover.
(b) Delve further into the book.
(c) Watch her and the lector have sex.
(d) Let himself go and become her.
11. Where is the setting of the opening of act 2?
(b) In a park.
(c) On a boat.
(d) Conchita's house.
12. How does Conchita believe having sex with Juan Julian feels?
(a) Natural and right.
(c) As if she is wrong.
(d) Surprisingly unexciting.
13. What part of Palomo does Juan Julian begin with?
14. Who interrupts the discussion between Juan Julian, Chechy and Palomo?
(a) Santiago and Marela.
(b) Santiago and Ofelia.
(c) Marela and Ofelia.
(d) Conchita and Ofelia.
15. What does Juan Julian decline to say?
(a) Why Anna fell in with Vronsky.
(b) What he does with Conchita.
(c) Why Karenin did not commit murder.
(d) Which character he personally identifies with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What right does Ofelia assert?
2. What terrified Conchita about having sex with Juan Julian?
3. How does the lector suggest the issues about him should be decided?
4. What does Santiago compare Ofelia's slippers to?
5. What does Conchita suggest she and Juan Julian do as they have sex?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)