|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ofelia and her daughters think about the choice of the novel?
(a) They dislike it.
(b) They do not think it is appropriate.
(c) They believe it is hurting Chechy.
(d) They find it fitting.
2. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
(a) They continue to need each other.
(b) Her husband won't allow it.
(c) They are Roman Catholic.
(d) Her lover does not wish it.
3. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
(a) Bring the men and women closer.
(b) Alienate the new lector.
(c) Help Chechy move on.
(d) Provide closure for Ofelia.
4. Which of the following characters is a mother?
5. Which of the following characters works late at the factory?
6. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
(a) Marela's new love interest.
(b) The new lector.
(c) Santiago's gambling problem.
(d) Chechy's reaction to Juan.
7. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
(a) Quiet awe.
8. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
(a) Opening dialoge.
(c) Dramatic interlude.
(d) Climatic intervention.
9. What does Conchita want to have for herself?
(a) A lover.
(b) A new husband.
(c) A child.
(d) A divorce.
10. Who performs the burial for Conchita?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
11. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
12. Which character is newly arrived?
(d) Juan Julian.
13. What did the the shy boy help Conchita carry out?
(a) An annual Cuban ritual.
(b) A traditional cigar making ceremony.
(c) A part of her wedding ceremony.
(d) A Christmas celebration.
14. How does Ofelia react to what Chechy tells him?
(a) She tells him to talk in private.
(b) She becomes angry.
(c) She cries.
(d) She dismisses him.
15. How does Marela feel as she deals with the Santiago and Ofelia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Santiago and Chechy during act 1, scene 1?
2. What happened to Teodoro?
3. Which of the following have Conchita and Palomo lost in their marriage?
4. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
5. How does Chechy feel about his role in the factory?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)