|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
2. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
(a) In the chair.
(b) On his leather belt.
(c) On the sole of a shoe.
(d) On a tree.
3. Where is scene 2 set?
(b) Cigar factory.
(d) Cock fight.
4. Who do the two characters who are not speaking to each other use to help deliver barbs to each other?
5. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
(a) Marela's new love interest.
(b) Chechy's reaction to Juan.
(c) Santiago's gambling problem.
(d) The new lector.
6. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
(a) Her husband's gambling debt.
(b) His hatred of the lector.
(c) His undying love for her.
(d) Her sister's indiscretion.
7. What does Juan Julian say cities do to him?
(a) Surprise him.
(b) Enchange him.
(c) Asphyxiate him.
(d) Enliven him.
8. What do Ofelia and her daughter's snipe about?
(a) Who likes Juan more.
(b) Who is the better listener.
(c) Which passage was the most important.
(d) What they will say to Chechy.
9. Which of the following terms is the best definition of a superstition?
(a) False notion.
(b) Uncontrollable desire.
(c) Scientific proof.
(d) Religious belief.
10. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
(a) Their mother.
(b) More drinks.
(c) New lector.
(d) The new cocks.
11. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
(a) Relates to others.
(b) Describes love.
(c) Explains differences.
(d) Understands humanity.
12. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
(a) The new lector.
(b) The novel.
(c) The cock fight that night.
(d) Chechy's behavior.
13. What does Santiago reveal he has been doing in secret?
(a) Working a second job.
(b) Paying Chechy back.
(d) Listening to the novel.
14. What does Juan Julian suggest Conchita do with her cutting?
(a) Bury it under a tree.
(b) Press it in a book.
(c) Tie it in a special ribbon.
(d) Give it to her husband.
15. When do the two spouses begin to communicate with each other in a direct manner?
(a) When Marela leaves.
(b) When Chechy arrives.
(c) When they return to work.
(d) When the yelling becomes too loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was IT a euphemism in this act?
2. What were Santiago and Chechy doing?
3. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
4. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
5. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)