|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
2. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
(a) On a tree.
(b) On the sole of a shoe.
(c) In the chair.
(d) On his leather belt.
3. Which of the following have Conchita and Palomo lost in their marriage?
4. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
5. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
(a) Matter of water.
(b) Matter of time.
(c) Matter of light.
(d) Matter of age.
6. Which of the following is an accurate description of the job of lector?
7. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
(a) They are Roman Catholic.
(b) Palomo won't allow it.
(c) Her lover does not wish it.
(d) They continue to work together.
8. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
9. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
(a) To educate and inform.
(b) To increse productivity.
(c) To manange the plant.
(d) To calm the workers.
10. How does the boy from New England find the ritual he helps Conchita with?
11. What are the workers interested in hearing?
(a) The results of the gambling.
(b) The lector's opinion.
(c) Novels read aloud.
(d) The thoughts of Chechy.
12. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
(a) Understands humanity.
(b) Describes love.
(c) Explains differences.
(d) Relates to others.
13. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
(c) Quiet awe.
14. What is the relationship between Santiago and Chechy?
(b) Father and son.
(c) Half brothers.
(d) Uncle and nephew.
15. Later, how much does Santiago have to raise the amount of money to that he owes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
2. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
3. Which character clashes with Juan Julian in scene 2?
4. What does Juan Julian talk to Conchita and Marela about?
5. What is the character of Vronsky fiercely dedicated to in the story?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)