|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
(a) What it is like to be married.
(b) What a true winter is like.
(c) What New Englanders are like.
(d) How to make a cigar.
2. What is the blue smoke from a cigar a source of?
3. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
(a) Alienate the new lector.
(b) Help Chechy move on.
(c) Bring the men and women closer.
(d) Provide closure for Ofelia.
4. What does Juan Julian talk to Conchita and Marela about?
5. What does Conchita long for?
(a) More money.
(b) A life beyond the factory.
(c) A wild affair.
(d) A husband for Ofelia.
6. What does Santiago reveal he has been doing in secret?
(a) Listening to the novel.
(c) Working a second job.
(d) Paying Chechy back.
7. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
8. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
9. What does Palomo long for?
(a) An affair.
(b) Material success.
(c) Life beyond the factory.
(d) A husband for Marela.
10. What was IT a euphemism in this act?
11. Where is scene 2 set?
(b) Cock fight.
(c) Cigar factory.
12. Who performs the burial for Conchita?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her father.
13. How much does the first letter carved represent?
14. What does Juan Julian say cities do to him?
(a) Enliven him.
(b) Asphyxiate him.
(c) Enchange him.
(d) Surprise him.
15. Which of the following descriptors best fits Chechy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are often the sites where semi-pagan rituals are carried out?
2. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
3. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
4. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
5. What did the the shy boy help Conchita carry out?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)