|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
(a) The Taming of the Shrew.
(b) A Tale of Two Cities.
(c) Anna Karenina.
(d) Withering Heights.
2. How long has Teodoro been gone before the play begins?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
3. How does Ofelia react to what Chechy tells him?
(a) She cries.
(b) She dismisses him.
(c) She becomes angry.
(d) She tells him to talk in private.
4. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
5. Later, how much does Santiago have to raise the amount of money to that he owes?
6. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
7. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
(b) Sharp wire.
(d) Cutting remark.
8. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
(a) Her lover does not wish it.
(b) They are Roman Catholic.
(c) They continue to need each other.
(d) Her husband won't allow it.
9. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
(d) Quiet awe.
10. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
(a) He lost money gambling to them.
(b) His wife ran away with one.
(c) He thinks he should be the boss.
(d) He was denied becoming lector.
11. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
12. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
(a) His undying love for her.
(b) His hatred of the lector.
(c) Her husband's gambling debt.
(d) Her sister's indiscretion.
13. What does Ofelia want to do, though she agrees to continue to talk about the book some more?
(a) Go visit Santiago.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Go to stay with her family.
(d) Go to work.
14. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
(c) The ship.
15. What does Palomo long for?
(a) Material success.
(b) A husband for Marela.
(c) An affair.
(d) Life beyond the factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ofelia and her daughter's snipe about?
2. What does Juan Julian talk to Conchita and Marela about?
3. Where does act 1 scene four take place?
4. Who steps in to break up the clash?
5. What letter does Santiago carve?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)