|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an accurate description of the job of lector?
2. Where is scene 2 set?
(a) Cock fight.
(d) Cigar factory.
3. What does Santiago reveal he has been doing in secret?
(a) Listening to the novel.
(c) Working a second job.
(d) Paying Chechy back.
4. What is the band on a cigar the symbol of?
5. What does Levin's efforts to dissuade Anna's brother from selling off his ancestral land make Santiago realize?
(a) The problems he faces in his life.
(b) The extent of the errors he made with his half-brother.
(c) The relationships with the factory workers.
(d) How much he truly loves Ofelia.
6. Which of the following characters works late at the factory?
7. What does Juan Julian talk to Conchita and Marela about?
8. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
(a) On a tree.
(b) On the sole of a shoe.
(c) On his leather belt.
(d) In the chair.
9. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
(a) Sharp wire.
(d) Cutting remark.
10. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
(a) Explains differences.
(b) Relates to others.
(c) Describes love.
(d) Understands humanity.
11. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
12. Which character is newly arrived?
(a) Juan Julian.
13. How long has Teodoro been gone before the play begins?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
14. What does Conchita long for?
(a) A life beyond the factory.
(b) More money.
(c) A husband for Ofelia.
(d) A wild affair.
15. Which two characters are not speaking to each other?
(a) Palomo and Conchita.
(b) Juan and Santiago.
(c) Santiago and Ofelia.
(d) Marela and Ofelia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
2. Who steps in to break up the clash?
3. What is the blue smoke from a cigar a source of?
4. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
5. What is the character of Vronsky fiercely dedicated to in the story?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)