|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ofelia and her daughter's snipe about?
(a) Who likes Juan more.
(b) Who is the better listener.
(c) What they will say to Chechy.
(d) Which passage was the most important.
2. How does Chechy feel about his role in the factory?
(a) He feels overwhelmed by it.
(b) He feels useless.
(c) He feels he needs more power.
(d) He feels it is too big.
3. Where does act 1 scene four take place?
(a) Alcalar home.
(b) Cigar factory.
(c) At the cock fights.
(d) At the docks.
4. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
(a) To calm the workers.
(b) To educate and inform.
(c) To increse productivity.
(d) To manange the plant.
5. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
6. What is the band on a cigar the symbol of?
7. What are the workers interested in hearing?
(a) The lector's opinion.
(b) The thoughts of Chechy.
(c) Novels read aloud.
(d) The results of the gambling.
8. What was IT a euphemism in this act?
9. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
(a) Matter of light.
(b) Matter of water.
(c) Matter of time.
(d) Matter of age.
10. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
11. What do Ofelia and her daughters think about the choice of the novel?
(a) They find it fitting.
(b) They dislike it.
(c) They believe it is hurting Chechy.
(d) They do not think it is appropriate.
12. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
(a) The new cocks.
(b) Their mother.
(c) More drinks.
(d) New lector.
13. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
(a) Her lover does not wish it.
(b) Her husband won't allow it.
(c) They are Roman Catholic.
(d) They continue to need each other.
14. How does Juan Julian feel?
15. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
(a) Relates to others.
(b) Understands humanity.
(c) Explains differences.
(d) Describes love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan Julian suggest Conchita do with her cutting?
2. Why doesn't Santiago want to face Chechy?
3. What does Juan Julian talk to Conchita and Marela about?
4. When do the two spouses begin to communicate with each other in a direct manner?
5. What does the ritual Conchita describes entail?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)