Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Santiago and Chechy doing?
2. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
(a) A flower.
(b) Ashes from a relative.
(c) The cigar remnants.
(d) The hair cuttings.
3. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband's behavior.
(c) Life in Cuba.
(d) The novel.
4. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
(a) Enliven him.
(b) Enchant him.
(c) Surprise him.
(d) Asphyxiate him.
5. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
(a) Her lover does not wish it.
(b) Palomo won't allow it.
(c) They are Roman Catholic.
(d) They continue to work together.
6. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
7. How does Marela feel as she deals with the Santiago and Ofelia?
8. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
(a) What a true winter is like.
(b) What it is like to be married.
(c) What New Englanders are like.
(d) How to make a cigar.
9. What does Conchita know about her husband?
(a) He cannot open up easily.
(b) He does not love her.
(c) He has a mistress.
(d) He should have been the lectur.
10. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
(a) To calm the workers.
(b) To educate and inform.
(c) To manange the plant.
(d) To increse productivity.
11. Which of the following have Conchita and Palomo lost in their marriage?
12. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
(a) The ship.
13. Where does act 1 scene four take place?
(a) At the cock fights.
(b) Alcalar home.
(c) Cigar factory.
(d) At the docks.
14. What did the the shy boy help Conchita carry out?
(a) A traditional cigar making ceremony.
(b) An annual Cuban ritual.
(c) A part of her wedding ceremony.
(d) A Christmas celebration.
15. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
(a) Passion and fervor.
(b) Reservation and hesitation.
(c) Surprise and regret.
(d) Anxiety and suppression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Juan Julian's family hiding from when he discovered books?
2. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
3. What is the relationship between Santiago and Chechy?
4. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
5. How does the boy from New England find the ritual he helps Conchita with?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)