|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following have Conchita and Palomo lost in their marriage?
2. What does Marela eventually do?
(d) Refuses to talk.
3. What is the relationship between Santiago and Chechy?
(a) Half brothers.
(b) Uncle and nephew.
(d) Father and son.
4. What is the band on a cigar the symbol of?
5. Which two characters are not speaking to each other?
(a) Palomo and Conchita.
(b) Santiago and Ofelia.
(c) Juan and Santiago.
(d) Marela and Ofelia.
6. Which of the following terms is the best definition of a superstition?
(a) Scientific proof.
(b) Uncontrollable desire.
(c) False notion.
(d) Religious belief.
7. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
(a) Their mother.
(b) The new cocks.
(c) More drinks.
(d) New lector.
8. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
(a) On his leather belt.
(b) On the sole of a shoe.
(c) In the chair.
(d) On a tree.
9. What is Juan Julian doing at the end of act 1?
(a) Reading from the book.
(b) Stroking Conchita's hair and kissing her shoulder and lips.
(c) Talking to Conchita's husband.
(d) Planning out the steps involved in the ritual.
10. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
11. Which character in the story does Santiago identify with?
12. When do the two spouses begin to communicate with each other in a direct manner?
(a) When they return to work.
(b) When Chechy arrives.
(c) When Marela leaves.
(d) When the yelling becomes too loud.
13. How does Juan Julian feel?
14. Which of the following characters works late at the factory?
15. How does Chechy feel about his role in the factory?
(a) He feels it is too big.
(b) He feels he needs more power.
(c) He feels useless.
(d) He feels overwhelmed by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
2. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
3. What does Juan Julian suggest Conchita do with her cutting?
4. How long has Teodoro been gone before the play begins?
5. What happened to Teodoro?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)