|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
(a) Enliven him.
(b) Asphyxiate him.
(c) Enchant him.
(d) Surprise him.
2. Which of the following terms is the best definition of a superstition?
(a) Uncontrollable desire.
(b) Scientific proof.
(c) False notion.
(d) Religious belief.
3. What does Juan Julian talk to Conchita and Marela about?
4. What is the character of Vronsky fiercely dedicated to in the story?
(a) The land.
(b) The country.
(c) His woman.
(d) His family.
5. How does Ofelia react to what Chechy tells him?
(a) She dismisses him.
(b) She cries.
(c) She becomes angry.
(d) She tells him to talk in private.
6. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
(a) Her lover does not wish it.
(b) They continue to work together.
(c) Palomo won't allow it.
(d) They are Roman Catholic.
7. Which character in the story does Santiago identify with?
8. Which of the following describes the types of tasks workers in the factory perform?
9. What realization do Ofelia and Chechy come to about themselves?
(a) There is no hope for them.
(b) They still love each other.
(c) They need to get away from the factory.
(d) They need to talk more.
10. Why doesn't Santiago want to face Chechy?
(a) He doesn't like Chechy.
(b) He knows the story bothers him.
(c) He knows that Chechy slept with his wife.
(d) He doesn't have the money to repay the loan.
11. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
(a) One time he won big.
(b) Desire for a better life.
(c) Pressure from his half-brother.
(d) Need to prove himself.
12. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
(b) Dramatic interlude.
(c) Climatic intervention.
(d) Opening dialoge.
13. What is Juan Julian doing at the end of act 1?
(a) Stroking Conchita's hair and kissing her shoulder and lips.
(b) Reading from the book.
(c) Talking to Conchita's husband.
(d) Planning out the steps involved in the ritual.
14. How long has Teodoro been gone before the play begins?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 years.
15. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
(a) Cutting remark.
(c) Sharp wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marela eventually do?
2. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
3. When do the two spouses begin to communicate with each other in a direct manner?
4. Which of the following characters is a mother?
5. Who do the two characters who are not speaking to each other use to help deliver barbs to each other?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)