|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters works late at the factory?
2. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
(b) He does not think the men will like the book.
(c) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
(d) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
3. Which of the following is an accurate description of the job of lector?
4. What does Conchita know about her husband?
(a) He should have been the lectur.
(b) He cannot open up easily.
(c) He does not love her.
(d) He has a mistress.
5. What were Santiago and Chechy doing?
6. How does Chechy feel about his role in the factory?
(a) He feels useless.
(b) He feels he needs more power.
(c) He feels overwhelmed by it.
(d) He feels it is too big.
7. Which character in the story does Santiago identify with?
8. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
(c) The ship.
9. When do the two spouses begin to communicate with each other in a direct manner?
(a) When Chechy arrives.
(b) When Marela leaves.
(c) When the yelling becomes too loud.
(d) When they return to work.
10. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
(a) Understands humanity.
(b) Describes love.
(c) Relates to others.
(d) Explains differences.
11. Which of the following themes figures prominently in the final scene of act 1?
12. Who performs the burial for Conchita?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son.
13. What does Juan Julian say cities do to him?
(a) Enchange him.
(b) Surprise him.
(c) Enliven him.
(d) Asphyxiate him.
14. What does Santiago run out of?
15. What does Palomo long for?
(a) Life beyond the factory.
(b) An affair.
(c) Material success.
(d) A husband for Marela.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does act 1 scene four take place?
2. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
3. How does Marela feel as she deals with the Santiago and Ofelia?
4. What is the band on a cigar the symbol of?
5. How does the boy from New England find the ritual he helps Conchita with?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)