|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
2. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
(a) The new lector.
(b) The novel.
(c) The cock fight that night.
(d) Chechy's behavior.
3. How does Ofelia react to what Chechy tells him?
(a) She cries.
(b) She tells him to talk in private.
(c) She becomes angry.
(d) She dismisses him.
4. What does Marela eventually do?
(c) Refuses to talk.
5. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
(a) New lector.
(b) The new cocks.
(c) More drinks.
(d) Their mother.
6. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
(a) The cigar remnants.
(b) Ashes from a relative.
(c) A flower.
(d) The hair cuttings.
7. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
(a) On a tree.
(b) On the sole of a shoe.
(c) In the chair.
(d) On his leather belt.
8. Who steps in to break up the clash?
9. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
(a) Calls the ship captain.
(b) Prays to God.
(c) Sends letters.
(d) Uses a spell.
10. Where is scene 2 set?
(a) Cigar factory.
(b) Cock fight.
11. What does Levin's efforts to dissuade Anna's brother from selling off his ancestral land make Santiago realize?
(a) The problems he faces in his life.
(b) How much he truly loves Ofelia.
(c) The relationships with the factory workers.
(d) The extent of the errors he made with his half-brother.
12. What does Santiago run out of?
13. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
(a) A Tale of Two Cities.
(b) Withering Heights.
(c) The Taming of the Shrew.
(d) Anna Karenina.
14. Which of the following have Conchita and Palomo lost in their marriage?
15. What happened to Teodoro?
(a) He died.
(b) He was sent away.
(c) He quit.
(d) He ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Santiago and Chechy doing?
2. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
3. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
4. What does the ritual Conchita describes entail?
5. What does Conchita want to have for herself?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)