|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chechy feel about his role in the factory?
(a) He feels he needs more power.
(b) He feels overwhelmed by it.
(c) He feels it is too big.
(d) He feels useless.
2. What are often the sites where semi-pagan rituals are carried out?
3. Which of the following terms is the best definition of a superstition?
(a) Scientific proof.
(b) Religious belief.
(c) False notion.
(d) Uncontrollable desire.
4. Which of the following describes how Ofelia feels about her brother-in-law's presumptions?
5. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
(a) Help Chechy move on.
(b) Bring the men and women closer.
(c) Provide closure for Ofelia.
(d) Alienate the new lector.
6. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
(a) They continue to need each other.
(b) They are Roman Catholic.
(c) Her husband won't allow it.
(d) Her lover does not wish it.
7. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
8. Which character clashes with Juan Julian in scene 2?
9. Which character in the story does Santiago identify with?
10. What does Santiago reveal he has been doing in secret?
(b) Listening to the novel.
(c) Paying Chechy back.
(d) Working a second job.
11. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
(a) Enchant him.
(b) Enliven him.
(c) Surprise him.
(d) Asphyxiate him.
12. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
(a) On a tree.
(b) On the sole of a shoe.
(c) On his leather belt.
(d) In the chair.
13. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
(a) Prays to God.
(b) Calls the ship captain.
(c) Sends letters.
(d) Uses a spell.
14. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
(a) More drinks.
(b) New lector.
(c) The new cocks.
(d) Their mother.
15. What do Ofelia and her daughter's snipe about?
(a) Which passage was the most important.
(b) What they will say to Chechy.
(c) Who likes Juan more.
(d) Who is the better listener.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ritual Conchita describes entail?
2. Which of the following characters is a mother?
3. Who do the two characters who are not speaking to each other use to help deliver barbs to each other?
4. Which two characters are not speaking to each other?
5. How does Marela feel as she deals with the Santiago and Ofelia?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)