|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juan Julian doing at the end of act 1?
(a) Planning out the steps involved in the ritual.
(b) Stroking Conchita's hair and kissing her shoulder and lips.
(c) Reading from the book.
(d) Talking to Conchita's husband.
2. What is the character of Vronsky fiercely dedicated to in the story?
(a) His woman.
(b) The land.
(c) The country.
(d) His family.
3. When do the two spouses begin to communicate with each other in a direct manner?
(a) When the yelling becomes too loud.
(b) When they return to work.
(c) When Chechy arrives.
(d) When Marela leaves.
4. What does Juan Julian talk to Conchita and Marela about?
5. What does Conchita know about her husband?
(a) He does not love her.
(b) He has a mistress.
(c) He should have been the lectur.
(d) He cannot open up easily.
6. Who do the two characters who are not speaking to each other use to help deliver barbs to each other?
7. How long has Teodoro been gone before the play begins?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 years.
8. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
9. Which character is newly arrived?
(a) Juan Julian.
10. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
(b) The ship.
11. Who steps in to break up the clash?
12. What does Juan Julian suggest Conchita do with her cutting?
(a) Give it to her husband.
(b) Tie it in a special ribbon.
(c) Bury it under a tree.
(d) Press it in a book.
13. What realization do Ofelia and Chechy come to about themselves?
(a) They still love each other.
(b) There is no hope for them.
(c) They need to get away from the factory.
(d) They need to talk more.
14. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
(a) Her husband's behavior.
(b) Life in Cuba.
(c) The novel.
(d) Her mother.
15. Which of the following describes the types of tasks workers in the factory perform?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Levin's efforts to dissuade Anna's brother from selling off his ancestral land make Santiago realize?
2. Why doesn't Santiago want to face Chechy?
3. What does Marela eventually do?
4. What are often the sites where semi-pagan rituals are carried out?
5. Which of the following terms is the best definition of a superstition?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)