|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conchita long for?
(a) More money.
(b) A wild affair.
(c) A life beyond the factory.
(d) A husband for Ofelia.
2. Which of the following describes how Ofelia feels about her brother-in-law's presumptions?
3. What realization do Ofelia and Chechy come to about themselves?
(a) They still love each other.
(b) They need to get away from the factory.
(c) There is no hope for them.
(d) They need to talk more.
4. What does Juan Julian talk to Conchita and Marela about?
5. What did the the shy boy help Conchita carry out?
(a) A Christmas celebration.
(b) A part of her wedding ceremony.
(c) A traditional cigar making ceremony.
(d) An annual Cuban ritual.
6. Who performs the burial for Conchita?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
7. Which of the following characters is a mother?
8. Which of the following terms is the best definition of a superstition?
(a) Religious belief.
(b) Scientific proof.
(c) Uncontrollable desire.
(d) False notion.
9. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
(a) Describes love.
(b) Relates to others.
(c) Explains differences.
(d) Understands humanity.
10. Where are Santiago and Chechy during act 1, scene 1?
(b) Card game.
(d) Cigar factory.
11. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
(a) A Tale of Two Cities.
(b) Withering Heights.
(c) Anna Karenina.
(d) The Taming of the Shrew.
12. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
13. What is the band on a cigar the symbol of?
14. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
(a) Opening dialoge.
(b) Climatic intervention.
(c) Dramatic interlude.
15. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
(a) Matter of light.
(b) Matter of age.
(c) Matter of water.
(d) Matter of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ofelia and her daughter's snipe about?
2. Why does Santiago carve a letter?
3. Who do the two characters who are not speaking to each other use to help deliver barbs to each other?
4. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
5. Which of the following is an accurate description of the job of lector?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)