|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Juan Julian feel?
2. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
(a) Matter of age.
(b) Matter of light.
(c) Matter of time.
(d) Matter of water.
3. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
(a) Surprise and regret.
(b) Anxiety and suppression.
(c) Reservation and hesitation.
(d) Passion and fervor.
4. What does Conchita know about her husband?
(a) He cannot open up easily.
(b) He should have been the lectur.
(c) He does not love her.
(d) He has a mistress.
5. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
(a) Enchant him.
(b) Surprise him.
(c) Enliven him.
(d) Asphyxiate him.
6. Which of the following describes how Ofelia feels about her brother-in-law's presumptions?
7. What does Marela eventually do?
(a) Refuses to talk.
8. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
(a) On the sole of a shoe.
(b) In the chair.
(c) On a tree.
(d) On his leather belt.
9. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
10. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
11. What happened to Teodoro?
(a) He quit.
(b) He was sent away.
(c) He died.
(d) He ran away.
12. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
(a) Explains differences.
(b) Understands humanity.
(c) Relates to others.
(d) Describes love.
13. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
(b) Quiet awe.
14. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
(a) To manange the plant.
(b) To educate and inform.
(c) To calm the workers.
(d) To increse productivity.
15. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
(a) He lost money gambling to them.
(b) His wife ran away with one.
(c) He was denied becoming lector.
(d) He thinks he should be the boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
2. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
3. How long has Teodoro been gone before the play begins?
4. What does Conchita want to have for herself?
5. Which of the following describes the types of tasks workers in the factory perform?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)