|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Later, how much does Santiago have to raise the amount of money to that he owes?
2. Which of the following characters is a mother?
3. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
(c) The ship.
4. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
(a) Chechy's reaction to Juan.
(b) Santiago's gambling problem.
(c) Marela's new love interest.
(d) The new lector.
5. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
(a) His undying love for her.
(b) Her husband's gambling debt.
(c) Her sister's indiscretion.
(d) His hatred of the lector.
6. What happened to Teodoro?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He died.
(c) He quit.
(d) He was sent away.
7. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
(a) Opening dialoge.
(b) Dramatic interlude.
(d) Climatic intervention.
8. Which of the following descriptors best fits Chechy?
9. What do Ofelia and her daughter's snipe about?
(a) Who is the better listener.
(b) Which passage was the most important.
(c) What they will say to Chechy.
(d) Who likes Juan more.
10. What does Santiago run out of?
11. What does Juan Julian say cities do to him?
(a) Surprise him.
(b) Enchange him.
(c) Enliven him.
(d) Asphyxiate him.
12. Which character clashes with Juan Julian in scene 2?
13. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
(a) They are Roman Catholic.
(b) Palomo won't allow it.
(c) Her lover does not wish it.
(d) They continue to work together.
14. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
(a) Chechy's behavior.
(b) The novel.
(c) The new lector.
(d) The cock fight that night.
15. What does Palomo long for?
(a) A husband for Marela.
(b) Material success.
(c) An affair.
(d) Life beyond the factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter does Santiago carve?
2. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
3. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
4. What is the band on a cigar the symbol of?
5. What does Marela eventually do?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)