|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters works late at the factory?
2. What happened to Teodoro?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He quit.
(c) He died.
(d) He was sent away.
3. What does Conchita long for?
(a) A husband for Ofelia.
(b) More money.
(c) A wild affair.
(d) A life beyond the factory.
4. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
(b) He does not think the men will like the book.
(c) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
(d) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
5. Where is scene 2 set?
(b) Cock fight.
(c) Cigar factory.
6. How does Juan Julian feel?
7. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
(b) Climatic intervention.
(c) Dramatic interlude.
(d) Opening dialoge.
8. What is the character of Vronsky fiercely dedicated to in the story?
(a) The country.
(b) His family.
(c) His woman.
(d) The land.
9. How does the boy from New England find the ritual he helps Conchita with?
10. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
(a) Explains differences.
(b) Describes love.
(c) Relates to others.
(d) Understands humanity.
11. What does Juan Julian suggest Conchita do with her cutting?
(a) Tie it in a special ribbon.
(b) Give it to her husband.
(c) Press it in a book.
(d) Bury it under a tree.
12. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
13. Who do the two characters who are not speaking to each other use to help deliver barbs to each other?
14. What letter does Santiago carve?
15. Which of the following descriptors best fits Chechy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chechy feel about his role in the factory?
2. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
3. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
4. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
5. What does Conchita know about her husband?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)