1. Which two events create the settings fro the first scene in act one?
Act 1, Scene 1 alternates between a cockfight and the arrival of a ship at the harbor.
2. What would be an accurate description of Santiago and Chechy as they are first introduced?
Santiago and Chechy are half-brothers who are currently at a cockfight. They have been drinking but are not drunk.
3. What and why does Santiago carve something into the sole of his half-brother's shoe?
Santiago runs out of cash after several matches and carves an "S" into the sole of Chechy's shoe as a promissory note for $100, which he later raises to $300.
4. What are Ofelia, Marela and Concit waiting for at the harbor?
Ofelia and her daughters Marela and Conchita eagerly await the arrival of a new lector at the harbor.
5. What happened to the old lector, Teodoro?
The old lector, Teodoro, outlived his usefulness in his job long before he died.
This section contains 1,837 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)