|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a synonym for the term chides as used in the following sentence: Conchita chides Palomo about the behavior of lovers.
2. What did the the shy boy help Conchita carry out?
(a) A traditional cigar making ceremony.
(b) A Christmas celebration.
(c) A part of her wedding ceremony.
(d) An annual Cuban ritual.
3. What is Chechy arguing about?
(a) Juan Julian's staying.
(b) Chonchita's actions.
(c) Factory management.
(d) The girl's behavior.
4. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
(a) Pressure from his half-brother.
(b) Desire for a better life.
(c) Need to prove himself.
(d) One time he won big.
5. What does Levin's efforts to dissuade Anna's brother from selling off his ancestral land make Santiago realize?
(a) The relationships with the factory workers.
(b) The extent of the errors he made with his half-brother.
(c) The problems he faces in his life.
(d) How much he truly loves Ofelia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Conchita think Santiago is not there?
2. Who does Palomo look at when he starts?
3. Which of the following have Conchita and Palomo lost in their marriage?
4. What are Chechy and Palomo using to decorate the factory?
5. What are the factory workers celebrating?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)