|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Palomo does Juan Julian begin with?
2. What is Juan Julian doing as Conchita talks with her husband?
(a) Reading from Anna Karenina.
(b) Watching them through a window.
(c) Talking with Ofelia.
(d) Taking pictures of Marela.
3. Which character in the story does Santiago identify with?
4. What does Santiago do which might indicate he has a hangover?
(a) Looks horrible.
(b) Takes pain medication for his head.
(c) Complains about the light.
(d) Rubs his head.
5. What does Juan Julian say that the tradition of reading to the workers goes back to?
(a) Translating sacred words of dieties to common folk.
(b) Indian's influence over the in habitants.
(c) Ponce de Leon's travels in Florida and Cuba.
(d) Spainards introducing new religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
2. Where does Palomo ask his wife to show him what is done to her?
3. How many times is the lector shot?
4. What happens to Juan Julian?
5. What is Juan Julian doing at the end of act 1?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)