|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
(a) The novel.
(b) Chechy's behavior.
(c) The cock fight that night.
(d) The new lector.
2. Why doesn't Santiago want to face Chechy?
(a) He doesn't like Chechy.
(b) He knows the story bothers him.
(c) He knows that Chechy slept with his wife.
(d) He doesn't have the money to repay the loan.
3. What does Conchita want to have for herself?
(a) A child.
(b) A new husband.
(c) A lover.
(d) A divorce.
4. What is the blue smoke from a cigar a source of?
5. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
(a) One time he won big.
(b) Need to prove himself.
(c) Pressure from his half-brother.
(d) Desire for a better life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
2. What does Conchita know about her husband?
3. Which character is not toasting before the party begins?
4. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
5. What does Palomo compare alcohol to?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)