|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Juan Julian and Conchita doing as Act 2 opens?
(c) Reading from the novel.
(d) Making love.
2. What does Marela insist Palomo do?
(a) Play some music.
(b) Make up with his wife.
(c) Finish reading Anna Karenina.
(d) Start a new book.
3. What was rising cigar smoke supposed to do in history according to Juan Julian?
(a) Communicate to the dietes.
(b) Protect the villagers.
(c) Defend against attackers.
(d) Help crops to grow.
4. What is Juan Julian doing at the end of act 1?
(a) Reading from the book.
(b) Talking to Conchita's husband.
(c) Planning out the steps involved in the ritual.
(d) Stroking Conchita's hair and kissing her shoulder and lips.
5. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
(a) Sends letters.
(b) Prays to God.
(c) Calls the ship captain.
(d) Uses a spell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
2. Who performs the burial for Conchita?
3. How does Ofelia react to what Chechy tells him?
4. Which of the following characters enters unnoticed?
5. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)