|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
(a) One time he won big.
(b) Desire for a better life.
(c) Need to prove himself.
(d) Pressure from his half-brother.
2. Where is the setting of the opening of act 2?
(a) In a park.
(c) On a boat.
(d) Conchita's house.
3. Which of the following have Conchita and Palomo lost in their marriage?
4. What are the workers interested in hearing?
(a) The results of the gambling.
(b) Novels read aloud.
(c) The thoughts of Chechy.
(d) The lector's opinion.
5. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
(a) To increse productivity.
(b) To educate and inform.
(c) To calm the workers.
(d) To manange the plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter does Santiago carve?
2. How does Conchita believe having sex with Juan Julian feels?
3. What does Ofelia believe prohibition stems from?
4. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
5. Which character is newly arrived?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)