|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the single topic of act 2 scene 2?
(a) Modern issues.
(c) Erotic love.
(d) Anna Karenina.
2. Why doesn't Conchita pick up reading where Juan Julian left off?
(a) She will cry.
(b) She doesn't have the energy.
(c) She cannot read.
(d) She has to make the cigars.
3. What does Ofelia complain about?
(a) Marela's coat.
(b) Constant crying.
(c) Not knowing the ending of the book.
4. Where are Santiago and Chechy during act 1, scene 1?
(a) Cigar factory.
(d) Card game.
5. What are Chechy and Palomo using to decorate the factory?
(b) Palm leaves.
(c) Pictures of Marela.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is not toasting before the party begins?
2. What does Ofelia want to do, though she agrees to continue to talk about the book some more?
3. Who does Marela believe would object to the superstition?
4. Which of the following is a synonym for the term chides as used in the following sentence: Conchita chides Palomo about the behavior of lovers.
5. What is the blue smoke from a cigar a source of?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)