|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palomo ask Conchita to show her?
(a) Where she goes with the lector.
(b) What she would like to do with her husband.
(c) How the new machine works.
(d) What the lector does to her.
2. Who does Conchita avoid contact with at the party?
(c) Juan Julian.
3. What is Santiago's decision in regards to the machine?
(a) Begins to install it.
(b) Examines it himself.
(c) Orders it returned.
(d) Orders the workers to be trained on it.
4. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
(a) They are Roman Catholic.
(b) They continue to need each other.
(c) Her lover does not wish it.
(d) Her husband won't allow it.
5. What does Juan Julian say that the tradition of reading to the workers goes back to?
(a) Translating sacred words of dieties to common folk.
(b) Indian's influence over the in habitants.
(c) Ponce de Leon's travels in Florida and Cuba.
(d) Spainards introducing new religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms is the best definition of a superstition?
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
3. What was Juan Julian's family hiding from when he discovered books?
4. What do Ofelia and her daughter's snipe about?
5. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)