|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
(a) Desire for a better life.
(b) Need to prove himself.
(c) One time he won big.
(d) Pressure from his half-brother.
2. What does Juan Julian bring to help decorate the factory?
(c) Palm leaves.
3. Why does Santiago carve a letter?
(a) As a promissory note.
(b) To show ownership.
(c) To track winnings.
(d) To help him remember.
4. What are often the sites where semi-pagan rituals are carried out?
5. What right does Ofelia assert?
(b) Land owner.
(c) Factory owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan Julian suggest Conchita do with her cutting?
2. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
3. Which character is not toasting before the party begins?
4. Which of the following does Conchita not show as she talks to Palomo?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)