|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who steps in to break up the clash?
2. What is Santiago's decision in regards to the machine?
(a) Begins to install it.
(b) Orders it returned.
(c) Examines it himself.
(d) Orders the workers to be trained on it.
3. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
(a) He was denied becoming lector.
(b) He thinks he should be the boss.
(c) His wife ran away with one.
(d) He lost money gambling to them.
4. What do Ofelia and her daughters think about the choice of the novel?
(a) They dislike it.
(b) They believe it is hurting Chechy.
(c) They find it fitting.
(d) They do not think it is appropriate.
5. Why do Conchita and Juan Julian separate quickly?
(a) They hear workers approaching.
(b) Palomo calling for Conchita.
(c) The sound of the door opening.
(d) Santigo's voice calling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question do Palomo and Chechy ask Juan Julian about Karenin?
2. What does Conchita long for?
3. How does Ofelia react to what Chechy tells him?
4. Which of the following descriptors best fits Chechy?
5. Which of the following themes figures prominently in the final scene of act 1?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)