|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
(a) The novel.
(b) Her husband's behavior.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Life in Cuba.
2. What does Juan Julian suggest Conchita do with her cutting?
(a) Tie it in a special ribbon.
(b) Press it in a book.
(c) Give it to her husband.
(d) Bury it under a tree.
3. What do Ofelia and her daughters think about the choice of the novel?
(a) They find it fitting.
(b) They do not think it is appropriate.
(c) They dislike it.
(d) They believe it is hurting Chechy.
4. How many of the factory workers want to dismiss the lector?
5. When do the two spouses begin to communicate with each other in a direct manner?
(a) When the yelling becomes too loud.
(b) When Chechy arrives.
(c) When Marela leaves.
(d) When they return to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Juan Julian's family hiding from when he discovered books?
2. What are Juan Julian and Conchita doing as Act 2 opens?
3. What does Ofelia want to do, though she agrees to continue to talk about the book some more?
4. What did Ofelia once sit for?
5. Which of the following is the best description of how Palomo feels as act 2 scene 2 opens?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)