|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
(a) The hair cuttings.
(b) The cigar remnants.
(c) A flower.
(d) Ashes from a relative.
2. Why doesn't Santiago want to face Chechy?
(a) He doesn't like Chechy.
(b) He doesn't have the money to repay the loan.
(c) He knows that Chechy slept with his wife.
(d) He knows the story bothers him.
3. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
(a) They are Roman Catholic.
(b) Her husband won't allow it.
(c) Her lover does not wish it.
(d) They continue to need each other.
4. Which character in the story does Santiago identify with?
5. What does Juan Julian bring to help decorate the factory?
(a) Palm leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palomo ask Conchita to show her?
2. Which of the following does Conchita not show as she talks to Palomo?
3. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Conchita spoke with Palomo about her affair?
5. What does Santiago say happens to Americans when they drink?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)