|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
(a) Santiago's gambling problem.
(b) The new lector.
(c) Marela's new love interest.
(d) Chechy's reaction to Juan.
2. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
(a) Ashes from a relative.
(b) The cigar remnants.
(c) The hair cuttings.
(d) A flower.
3. Where is the setting of the opening of act 2?
(a) In a park.
(b) Conchita's house.
(d) On a boat.
4. Why does Santiago carve a letter?
(a) As a promissory note.
(b) To help him remember.
(c) To show ownership.
(d) To track winnings.
5. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago reveal he has been doing in secret?
2. What is the character of Vronsky fiercely dedicated to in the story?
3. Which of the following descriptors best fits Chechy?
4. What was rising cigar smoke supposed to do in history according to Juan Julian?
5. Where does Palomo ask his wife to show him what is done to her?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)