|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chechy accuse Marela of?
(a) Wanting to sleep with him.
(b) Poor performance.
(c) Sleeping with Juan Julian.
(d) Wanting to live in Russia.
2. Where are Santiago and Chechy during act 1, scene 1?
(b) Cigar factory.
(c) Card game.
3. Which of the following describes the types of tasks workers in the factory perform?
4. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
(a) Surprise and regret.
(b) Passion and fervor.
(c) Reservation and hesitation.
(d) Anxiety and suppression.
5. Why doesn't Santiago want to face Chechy?
(a) He knows that Chechy slept with his wife.
(b) He doesn't have the money to repay the loan.
(c) He knows the story bothers him.
(d) He doesn't like Chechy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
2. What is the blue smoke from a cigar a source of?
3. What does Ofelia want to do, though she agrees to continue to talk about the book some more?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Conchita spoke with Palomo about her affair?
5. What does Juan Julian say that the tradition of reading to the workers goes back to?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)