|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
(a) On his leather belt.
(b) On a tree.
(c) On the sole of a shoe.
(d) In the chair.
2. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
(a) The novel.
(b) The new lector.
(c) Chechy's behavior.
(d) The cock fight that night.
3. What does Levin's efforts to dissuade Anna's brother from selling off his ancestral land make Santiago realize?
(a) The problems he faces in his life.
(b) The relationships with the factory workers.
(c) How much he truly loves Ofelia.
(d) The extent of the errors he made with his half-brother.
4. What realization do Ofelia and Chechy come to about themselves?
(a) There is no hope for them.
(b) They still love each other.
(c) They need to get away from the factory.
(d) They need to talk more.
5. What is the character of Vronsky fiercely dedicated to in the story?
(a) The land.
(b) His woman.
(c) The country.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes the types of tasks workers in the factory perform?
2. Where does Palomo ask his wife to show him what is done to her?
3. How does Marela feel as she deals with the Santiago and Ofelia?
4. What does Conchita suggest she and Juan Julian do as they have sex?
5. Later, how much does Santiago have to raise the amount of money to that he owes?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)