|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
(a) Chechy's reaction to Juan.
(b) Santiago's gambling problem.
(c) Marela's new love interest.
(d) The new lector.
2. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
(a) To increse productivity.
(b) To manange the plant.
(c) To calm the workers.
(d) To educate and inform.
3. When do the two spouses begin to communicate with each other in a direct manner?
(a) When they return to work.
(b) When Chechy arrives.
(c) When Marela leaves.
(d) When the yelling becomes too loud.
4. How long has Teodoro been gone before the play begins?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
5. What realization do Ofelia and Chechy come to about themselves?
(a) There is no hope for them.
(b) They need to talk more.
(c) They still love each other.
(d) They need to get away from the factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
2. How much does the first letter carved represent?
3. In what way does act 2 scene 2 look at erotic love?
4. What does Juan Julian talk to Conchita and Marela about?
5. Which of the following themes figures prominently in the final scene of act 1?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)