|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Later, how much does Santiago have to raise the amount of money to that he owes?
2. Who steps in to break up the clash?
3. Which of the following have Conchita and Palomo lost in their marriage?
4. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
(a) Anxiety and suppression.
(b) Surprise and regret.
(c) Reservation and hesitation.
(d) Passion and fervor.
5. What does Juan Julian say that the tradition of reading to the workers goes back to?
(a) Ponce de Leon's travels in Florida and Cuba.
(b) Translating sacred words of dieties to common folk.
(c) Spainards introducing new religion.
(d) Indian's influence over the in habitants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Juan Julian doing as Conchita talks with her husband?
2. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
3. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
4. What does Juan Julian suggest Conchita do with her cutting?
5. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)