|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Conchita and Juan Julian separate quickly?
(a) Palomo calling for Conchita.
(b) Santigo's voice calling.
(c) They hear workers approaching.
(d) The sound of the door opening.
2. What is Chechy arguing about?
(a) Factory management.
(b) Chonchita's actions.
(c) Juan Julian's staying.
(d) The girl's behavior.
3. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
(a) Desire for a better life.
(b) Pressure from his half-brother.
(c) Need to prove himself.
(d) One time he won big.
4. Conchita sees that she and Juan Julian are like what when they make love?
(a) Soul mates.
(b) Characters on a stage.
(c) United against the world.
(d) One person.
5. What does Chechy accuse Marela of?
(a) Wanting to live in Russia.
(b) Sleeping with Juan Julian.
(c) Wanting to sleep with him.
(d) Poor performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Conchita and Palomo wonder?
2. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
3. What does Juan Julian do as he reads the novel?
4. How many of the factory workers want to dismiss the lector?
5. What are Juan Julian and Conchita doing as Act 2 opens?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)