|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chechy feel about his role in the factory?
(a) He feels overwhelmed by it.
(b) He feels it is too big.
(c) He feels he needs more power.
(d) He feels useless.
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
(b) Sharp wire.
(d) Cutting remark.
3. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
(a) Sends letters.
(b) Prays to God.
(c) Uses a spell.
(d) Calls the ship captain.
4. What does Conchita want to have for herself?
(a) A divorce.
(b) A new husband.
(c) A lover.
(d) A child.
5. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
(a) They continue to need each other.
(b) Her husband won't allow it.
(c) Her lover does not wish it.
(d) They are Roman Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Juan Julian feel?
2. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
3. What was Juan Julian's family hiding from when he discovered books?
4. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)