|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the boy from New England find the ritual he helps Conchita with?
2. What does Conchita long for?
(a) A wild affair.
(b) A husband for Ofelia.
(c) A life beyond the factory.
(d) More money.
3. What does Juan Julian say cities do to him?
(a) Surprise him.
(b) Enliven him.
(c) Asphyxiate him.
(d) Enchange him.
4. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
(b) He does not think the men will like the book.
(c) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
(d) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
5. What does Juan Julian talk to Conchita and Marela about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Santiago and Chechy doing?
2. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
3. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
4. What does Santiago run out of?
5. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)