|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Later, how much does Santiago have to raise the amount of money to that he owes?
2. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
(a) What New Englanders are like.
(b) What it is like to be married.
(c) How to make a cigar.
(d) What a true winter is like.
3. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
(a) Quiet awe.
4. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
5. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
(a) Matter of light.
(b) Matter of time.
(c) Matter of water.
(d) Matter of age.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the boy from New England find the ritual he helps Conchita with?
2. Why does Santiago carve a letter?
3. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
4. What do Ofelia and her daughters think about the choice of the novel?
5. Which of the following themes figures prominently in the final scene of act 1?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)