|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
(a) In the chair.
(b) On his leather belt.
(c) On a tree.
(d) On the sole of a shoe.
2. Where does act 1 scene four take place?
(a) At the docks.
(b) At the cock fights.
(c) Alcalar home.
(d) Cigar factory.
3. How does Ofelia react to what Chechy tells him?
(a) She tells him to talk in private.
(b) She dismisses him.
(c) She cries.
(d) She becomes angry.
4. What does Santiago reveal he has been doing in secret?
(a) Paying Chechy back.
(b) Listening to the novel.
(d) Working a second job.
5. What does Conchita want to have for herself?
(a) A new husband.
(b) A divorce.
(c) A child.
(d) A lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Juan Julian doing at the end of act 1?
2. Which of the following terms is the best definition of a superstition?
3. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
4. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
5. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)