|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ritual Conchita describes entail?
(a) Boys bringing girls a flower necklace.
(b) Girls dancing beneath a avacado tree.
(c) Girls cutting their hair once a year.
(d) Funeral procession.
2. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
(a) Surprise and regret.
(b) Passion and fervor.
(c) Reservation and hesitation.
(d) Anxiety and suppression.
3. What does Ofelia want to do, though she agrees to continue to talk about the book some more?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Go to work.
(c) Go to stay with her family.
(d) Go visit Santiago.
4. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
5. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
(a) Explains differences.
(b) Describes love.
(c) Relates to others.
(d) Understands humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is newly arrived?
2. Where is scene 2 set?
3. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
4. What is the band on a cigar the symbol of?
5. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)