|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What letter does Santiago carve?
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
(a) Cutting remark.
(d) Sharp wire.
3. What does Conchita long for?
(a) A wild affair.
(b) A life beyond the factory.
(c) More money.
(d) A husband for Ofelia.
4. What do Ofelia and her daughters think about the choice of the novel?
(a) They do not think it is appropriate.
(b) They dislike it.
(c) They find it fitting.
(d) They believe it is hurting Chechy.
5. What does the ritual Conchita describes entail?
(a) Boys bringing girls a flower necklace.
(b) Funeral procession.
(c) Girls cutting their hair once a year.
(d) Girls dancing beneath a avacado tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
2. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
3. Where does act 1 scene four take place?
4. How does Chechy feel about his role in the factory?
5. Which of the following describes the types of tasks workers in the factory perform?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)