|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
(a) Her husband won't allow it.
(b) Her lover does not wish it.
(c) They continue to need each other.
(d) They are Roman Catholic.
2. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
(b) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
(c) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
(d) He does not think the men will like the book.
3. What does the ritual Conchita describes entail?
(a) Girls cutting their hair once a year.
(b) Funeral procession.
(c) Boys bringing girls a flower necklace.
(d) Girls dancing beneath a avacado tree.
4. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
(a) Provide closure for Ofelia.
(b) Alienate the new lector.
(c) Bring the men and women closer.
(d) Help Chechy move on.
5. What is the band on a cigar the symbol of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the two characters who are not speaking to each other use to help deliver barbs to each other?
2. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
3. What realization do Ofelia and Chechy come to about themselves?
4. Which character clashes with Juan Julian in scene 2?
5. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)