|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
2. What did the the shy boy help Conchita carry out?
(a) A Christmas celebration.
(b) An annual Cuban ritual.
(c) A traditional cigar making ceremony.
(d) A part of her wedding ceremony.
3. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
(a) Asphyxiate him.
(b) Enliven him.
(c) Surprise him.
(d) Enchant him.
4. Where are Santiago and Chechy during act 1, scene 1?
(c) Card game.
(d) Cigar factory.
5. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
(a) Provide closure for Ofelia.
(b) Bring the men and women closer.
(c) Help Chechy move on.
(d) Alienate the new lector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
2. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
3. What is the character of Vronsky fiercely dedicated to in the story?
4. What is Juan Julian doing at the end of act 1?
5. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)