|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who performs the burial for Conchita?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her son.
2. What did the the shy boy help Conchita carry out?
(a) A traditional cigar making ceremony.
(b) An annual Cuban ritual.
(c) A Christmas celebration.
(d) A part of her wedding ceremony.
3. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
(b) He does not think the men will like the book.
(c) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
(d) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
4. Who witnesses what goes on between Conchita and Juan Julian?
5. Which of the following themes figures prominently in the final scene of act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ofelia and her daughter's snipe about?
2. What happened to Teodoro?
3. What is the blue smoke from a cigar a source of?
4. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
5. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)