|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
(a) Relates to others.
(b) Understands humanity.
(c) Describes love.
(d) Explains differences.
2. What does Santiago reveal he has been doing in secret?
(a) Paying Chechy back.
(c) Listening to the novel.
(d) Working a second job.
3. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
(a) On his leather belt.
(b) In the chair.
(c) On a tree.
(d) On the sole of a shoe.
4. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
(a) The novel.
(b) The new lector.
(c) Chechy's behavior.
(d) The cock fight that night.
5. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
(a) Ashes from a relative.
(b) The cigar remnants.
(c) The hair cuttings.
(d) A flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
2. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
3. Which of the following terms is the best definition of a superstition?
4. Who do the two characters who are not speaking to each other use to help deliver barbs to each other?
5. How much does the first letter carved represent?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)