|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
(a) Chechy's behavior.
(b) The cock fight that night.
(c) The new lector.
(d) The novel.
2. What happened to Teodoro?
(a) He was sent away.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He quit.
(d) He died.
3. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
(a) Understands humanity.
(b) Describes love.
(c) Relates to others.
(d) Explains differences.
4. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) He does not think the men will like the book.
(b) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
(c) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
(d) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
5. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
(a) Her lover does not wish it.
(b) They continue to work together.
(c) Palomo won't allow it.
(d) They are Roman Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chechy feel about his role in the factory?
2. Why does Santiago carve a letter?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
4. Which of the following characters works late at the factory?
5. What does Conchita know about her husband?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)