|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is scene 2 set?
(a) Cigar factory.
(c) Cock fight.
2. What does Santiago run out of?
3. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
(a) His undying love for her.
(b) Her husband's gambling debt.
(c) Her sister's indiscretion.
(d) His hatred of the lector.
4. What was Juan Julian's family hiding from when he discovered books?
(d) His father.
5. What does Levin's efforts to dissuade Anna's brother from selling off his ancestral land make Santiago realize?
(a) The extent of the errors he made with his half-brother.
(b) How much he truly loves Ofelia.
(c) The problems he faces in his life.
(d) The relationships with the factory workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the band on a cigar the symbol of?
2. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
3. Which character in the story does Santiago identify with?
4. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
5. How much does the first letter carved represent?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)