|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan Julian talk to Conchita and Marela about?
2. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
3. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
(a) Withering Heights.
(b) The Taming of the Shrew.
(c) A Tale of Two Cities.
(d) Anna Karenina.
4. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
(a) The new lector.
(b) Chechy's reaction to Juan.
(c) Marela's new love interest.
(d) Santiago's gambling problem.
5. Where is scene 2 set?
(a) Cock fight.
(b) Cigar factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters are not speaking to each other?
2. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
3. What does Levin's efforts to dissuade Anna's brother from selling off his ancestral land make Santiago realize?
4. Why does Santiago carve a letter?
5. Which of the following themes figures prominently in the final scene of act 1?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)