|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
(a) Matter of light.
(b) Matter of time.
(c) Matter of age.
(d) Matter of water.
2. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
(a) His undying love for her.
(b) Her husband's gambling debt.
(c) Her sister's indiscretion.
(d) His hatred of the lector.
3. Which of the following characters is a mother?
4. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
(a) Pressure from his half-brother.
(b) Desire for a better life.
(c) One time he won big.
(d) Need to prove himself.
5. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
(a) He lost money gambling to them.
(b) His wife ran away with one.
(c) He was denied becoming lector.
(d) He thinks he should be the boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ofelia want to do, though she agrees to continue to talk about the book some more?
2. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
3. What is the band on a cigar the symbol of?
4. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
5. Where does act 1 scene four take place?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)