|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conchita want to have for herself?
(a) A divorce.
(b) A child.
(c) A lover.
(d) A new husband.
2. Which two characters are not speaking to each other?
(a) Palomo and Conchita.
(b) Marela and Ofelia.
(c) Juan and Santiago.
(d) Santiago and Ofelia.
3. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
4. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
(a) The cock fight that night.
(b) Chechy's behavior.
(c) The novel.
(d) The new lector.
5. When do the two spouses begin to communicate with each other in a direct manner?
(a) When Marela leaves.
(b) When Chechy arrives.
(c) When the yelling becomes too loud.
(d) When they return to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marela feel as she deals with the Santiago and Ofelia?
2. What does Conchita know about her husband?
3. Why does Santiago carve a letter?
4. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
5. Which of the following characters works late at the factory?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)