|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Teodoro been gone before the play begins?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 3 weeks.
2. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
(a) His wife ran away with one.
(b) He was denied becoming lector.
(c) He thinks he should be the boss.
(d) He lost money gambling to them.
3. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
(a) Prays to God.
(b) Sends letters.
(c) Uses a spell.
(d) Calls the ship captain.
4. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
(a) One time he won big.
(b) Pressure from his half-brother.
(c) Need to prove himself.
(d) Desire for a better life.
5. What were Santiago and Chechy doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ofelia react to what Chechy tells him?
2. Which of the following describes how Ofelia feels about her brother-in-law's presumptions?
3. What do Ofelia and her daughters think about the choice of the novel?
4. What is the character of Vronsky fiercely dedicated to in the story?
5. Which of the following characters is a mother?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)