|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters are not speaking to each other?
(a) Juan and Santiago.
(b) Marela and Ofelia.
(c) Palomo and Conchita.
(d) Santiago and Ofelia.
2. What does Levin's efforts to dissuade Anna's brother from selling off his ancestral land make Santiago realize?
(a) The extent of the errors he made with his half-brother.
(b) How much he truly loves Ofelia.
(c) The relationships with the factory workers.
(d) The problems he faces in his life.
3. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
(a) They continue to need each other.
(b) Her lover does not wish it.
(c) They are Roman Catholic.
(d) Her husband won't allow it.
4. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
(a) Provide closure for Ofelia.
(b) Bring the men and women closer.
(c) Help Chechy move on.
(d) Alienate the new lector.
5. Which of the following characters is a mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Teodoro?
2. Where are Santiago and Chechy during act 1, scene 1?
3. What does Conchita know about her husband?
4. Which of the following describes the types of tasks workers in the factory perform?
5. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)