|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
(b) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
(c) He does not think the men will like the book.
(d) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
2. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
(d) The ship.
3. Which of the following describes how Ofelia feels about her brother-in-law's presumptions?
4. Where is scene 2 set?
(a) Cock fight.
(b) Cigar factory.
5. Who do the two characters who are not speaking to each other use to help deliver barbs to each other?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the story does Santiago identify with?
2. Why does Santiago carve a letter?
3. What do Ofelia and her daughters think about the choice of the novel?
4. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
5. How much does the first letter carved represent?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)