|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the blue smoke from a cigar a source of?
2. What is the band on a cigar the symbol of?
3. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
(a) Help Chechy move on.
(b) Bring the men and women closer.
(c) Alienate the new lector.
(d) Provide closure for Ofelia.
4. What does Conchita long for?
(a) A wild affair.
(b) A husband for Ofelia.
(c) More money.
(d) A life beyond the factory.
5. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
(b) The ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the story does Santiago identify with?
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
3. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
4. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
5. What are the workers interested in hearing?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)