|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
(a) On the sole of a shoe.
(b) On a tree.
(c) In the chair.
(d) On his leather belt.
2. What does Levin's efforts to dissuade Anna's brother from selling off his ancestral land make Santiago realize?
(a) The relationships with the factory workers.
(b) The extent of the errors he made with his half-brother.
(c) How much he truly loves Ofelia.
(d) The problems he faces in his life.
3. Later, how much does Santiago have to raise the amount of money to that he owes?
4. How does Marela feel as she deals with the Santiago and Ofelia?
5. Which of the following characters is a mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters works late at the factory?
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
3. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
4. What does Marela eventually do?
5. What does Palomo long for?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)