|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Levin's efforts to dissuade Anna's brother from selling off his ancestral land make Santiago realize?
(a) The extent of the errors he made with his half-brother.
(b) How much he truly loves Ofelia.
(c) The problems he faces in his life.
(d) The relationships with the factory workers.
2. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
(b) He does not think the men will like the book.
(c) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
(d) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
3. What are the workers interested in hearing?
(a) The thoughts of Chechy.
(b) The lector's opinion.
(c) Novels read aloud.
(d) The results of the gambling.
4. What does Santiago run out of?
5. How does Ofelia react to what Chechy tells him?
(a) She tells him to talk in private.
(b) She cries.
(c) She dismisses him.
(d) She becomes angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
2. Why doesn't Santiago want to face Chechy?
3. Which of the following have Conchita and Palomo lost in their marriage?
4. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
5. How does Chechy feel about his role in the factory?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)