|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ofelia and her daughters think about the choice of the novel?
(a) They do not think it is appropriate.
(b) They believe it is hurting Chechy.
(c) They find it fitting.
(d) They dislike it.
2. How does Juan Julian feel?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
(a) Cutting remark.
(c) Sharp wire.
4. How does Ofelia react to what Chechy tells him?
(a) She cries.
(b) She becomes angry.
(c) She tells him to talk in private.
(d) She dismisses him.
5. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
(a) In the chair.
(b) On his leather belt.
(c) On the sole of a shoe.
(d) On a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Santiago want to face Chechy?
2. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
3. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
4. When do the two spouses begin to communicate with each other in a direct manner?
5. Who steps in to break up the clash?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)