|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
(a) Quiet awe.
2. What happened to Teodoro?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He died.
(c) He was sent away.
(d) He quit.
3. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
(b) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
(c) He does not think the men will like the book.
(d) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
4. What do Ofelia and her daughters think about the choice of the novel?
(a) They find it fitting.
(b) They dislike it.
(c) They do not think it is appropriate.
(d) They believe it is hurting Chechy.
5. How much does the first letter carved represent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
2. What realization do Ofelia and Chechy come to about themselves?
3. What does Ofelia want to do, though she agrees to continue to talk about the book some more?
4. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
5. What does Conchita want to have for herself?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)