|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Santiago and Chechy?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(b) Father and son.
(d) Half brothers.
2. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
(c) Quiet awe.
3. What does Conchita know about her husband?
(a) He cannot open up easily.
(b) He should have been the lectur.
(c) He has a mistress.
(d) He does not love her.
4. What is the band on a cigar the symbol of?
5. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
(a) Life in Cuba.
(b) The novel.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband's behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character clashes with Juan Julian in scene 2?
2. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
3. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
4. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
5. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)