|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
(a) Provide closure for Ofelia.
(b) Alienate the new lector.
(c) Bring the men and women closer.
(d) Help Chechy move on.
2. What happened to Teodoro?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He was sent away.
(c) He died.
(d) He quit.
3. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
(a) The novel.
(b) Her husband's behavior.
(c) Life in Cuba.
(d) Her mother.
4. Which of the following descriptors best fits Chechy?
5. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
(a) Sends letters.
(b) Prays to God.
(c) Calls the ship captain.
(d) Uses a spell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
2. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
3. What does Conchita want to have for herself?
4. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
5. How does Juan Julian feel?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)