|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
(a) Her husband's gambling debt.
(b) His hatred of the lector.
(c) Her sister's indiscretion.
(d) His undying love for her.
2. Where is scene 2 set?
(a) Cigar factory.
(d) Cock fight.
3. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) He does not think the men will like the book.
(b) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
(c) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
(d) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
4. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
(a) Santiago's gambling problem.
(b) Marela's new love interest.
(c) Chechy's reaction to Juan.
(d) The new lector.
5. What do Ofelia and her daughter's snipe about?
(a) Who is the better listener.
(b) Which passage was the most important.
(c) Who likes Juan more.
(d) What they will say to Chechy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Ofelia feels about her brother-in-law's presumptions?
2. What is the band on a cigar the symbol of?
3. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
4. How long has Teodoro been gone before the play begins?
5. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)