|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
(a) Anxiety and suppression.
(b) Surprise and regret.
(c) Passion and fervor.
(d) Reservation and hesitation.
2. Which character clashes with Juan Julian in scene 2?
3. How does Ofelia react to what Chechy tells him?
(a) She cries.
(b) She becomes angry.
(c) She dismisses him.
(d) She tells him to talk in private.
4. What does Santiago run out of?
5. How long has Teodoro been gone before the play begins?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 3 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ofelia and her daughter's snipe about?
2. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
3. What is the blue smoke from a cigar a source of?
4. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
5. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)