|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Santiago and Chechy doing?
2. Where is scene 2 set?
(b) Cock fight.
(d) Cigar factory.
3. Why does Santiago carve a letter?
(a) To track winnings.
(b) As a promissory note.
(c) To show ownership.
(d) To help him remember.
4. What are the workers interested in hearing?
(a) The lector's opinion.
(b) Novels read aloud.
(c) The results of the gambling.
(d) The thoughts of Chechy.
5. What does Conchita long for?
(a) A life beyond the factory.
(b) A husband for Ofelia.
(c) More money.
(d) A wild affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is a mother?
2. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
3. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
4. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
5. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)