|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
(a) His hatred of the lector.
(b) Her husband's gambling debt.
(c) Her sister's indiscretion.
(d) His undying love for her.
2. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
(a) Anna Karenina.
(b) The Taming of the Shrew.
(c) Withering Heights.
(d) A Tale of Two Cities.
3. How much does the first letter carved represent?
4. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
(b) Quiet awe.
5. Who steps in to break up the clash?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Ofelia feels about her brother-in-law's presumptions?
2. Which of the following have Conchita and Palomo lost in their marriage?
3. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
4. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
5. What are the workers interested in hearing?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)