|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
(b) Quiet awe.
2. Which character is newly arrived?
(c) Juan Julian.
3. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
(a) The Taming of the Shrew.
(b) Withering Heights.
(c) Anna Karenina.
(d) A Tale of Two Cities.
4. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
(a) Santiago's gambling problem.
(b) Marela's new love interest.
(c) Chechy's reaction to Juan.
(d) The new lector.
5. What letter does Santiago carve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
2. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
3. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
4. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
5. What are the workers interested in hearing?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)