|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the workers interested in hearing?
(a) The results of the gambling.
(b) Novels read aloud.
(c) The lector's opinion.
(d) The thoughts of Chechy.
2. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
(a) His hatred of the lector.
(b) Her husband's gambling debt.
(c) Her sister's indiscretion.
(d) His undying love for her.
3. How long has Teodoro been gone before the play begins?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 3 days.
4. Where is scene 2 set?
(b) Cigar factory.
(d) Cock fight.
5. Why does Santiago carve a letter?
(a) To show ownership.
(b) To track winnings.
(c) As a promissory note.
(d) To help him remember.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
2. How does Ofelia react to what Chechy tells him?
3. What letter does Santiago carve?
4. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
5. How much does the first letter carved represent?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)