|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
(a) Her husband's gambling debt.
(b) Her sister's indiscretion.
(c) His undying love for her.
(d) His hatred of the lector.
2. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
(a) Alienate the new lector.
(b) Provide closure for Ofelia.
(c) Bring the men and women closer.
(d) Help Chechy move on.
3. Who steps in to break up the clash?
4. Where are Santiago and Chechy during act 1, scene 1?
(b) Card game.
(d) Cigar factory.
5. What is the relationship between Santiago and Chechy?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(b) Half brothers.
(c) Father and son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
2. Which character is newly arrived?
3. How does Juan Julian feel?
4. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
5. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)