|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Santiago and Chechy?
(b) Uncle and nephew.
(c) Father and son.
(d) Half brothers.
2. What are the workers interested in hearing?
(a) The lector's opinion.
(b) The results of the gambling.
(c) Novels read aloud.
(d) The thoughts of Chechy.
3. Which of the following characters is a mother?
4. Who steps in to break up the clash?
5. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) He does not think the men will like the book.
(b) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
(c) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
(d) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Santiago and Chechy doing?
2. Later, how much does Santiago have to raise the amount of money to that he owes?
3. Which of the following describes how Ofelia feels about her brother-in-law's presumptions?
4. Which character is newly arrived?
5. What letter does Santiago carve?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)