|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
2. Who steps in to break up the clash?
3. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
(a) On a tree.
(b) On his leather belt.
(c) In the chair.
(d) On the sole of a shoe.
4. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
(a) Her sister's indiscretion.
(b) His hatred of the lector.
(c) Her husband's gambling debt.
(d) His undying love for her.
5. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
(a) He was denied becoming lector.
(b) He lost money gambling to them.
(c) His wife ran away with one.
(d) He thinks he should be the boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
2. Later, how much does Santiago have to raise the amount of money to that he owes?
3. What happened to Teodoro?
4. Which of the following describes how Ofelia feels about her brother-in-law's presumptions?
5. How does Juan Julian feel?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)