|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago run out of?
2. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
(a) Matter of time.
(b) Matter of water.
(c) Matter of light.
(d) Matter of age.
3. Why does Santiago carve a letter?
(a) To help him remember.
(b) To track winnings.
(c) As a promissory note.
(d) To show ownership.
4. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
(a) A Tale of Two Cities.
(b) Withering Heights.
(c) Anna Karenina.
(d) The Taming of the Shrew.
5. How long has Teodoro been gone before the play begins?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes the types of tasks workers in the factory perform?
2. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
3. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
4. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
5. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)