|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
2. How long has Teodoro been gone before the play begins?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 3 days.
3. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
(a) Sends letters.
(b) Calls the ship captain.
(c) Prays to God.
(d) Uses a spell.
4. Which character clashes with Juan Julian in scene 2?
5. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
(a) Her husband's gambling debt.
(b) His undying love for her.
(c) Her sister's indiscretion.
(d) His hatred of the lector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
2. How does Juan Julian feel?
3. Why does Santiago carve a letter?
4. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
5. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)