|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is scene 2 set?
(a) Cock fight.
(d) Cigar factory.
2. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
(a) His hatred of the lector.
(b) Her husband's gambling debt.
(c) Her sister's indiscretion.
(d) His undying love for her.
3. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
(a) The new cocks.
(b) Their mother.
(c) More drinks.
(d) New lector.
4. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
5. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
(a) In the chair.
(b) On his leather belt.
(c) On the sole of a shoe.
(d) On a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
2. Which character clashes with Juan Julian in scene 2?
3. Which character is newly arrived?
4. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
5. What is the relationship between Santiago and Chechy?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)