|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
(a) He lost money gambling to them.
(b) His wife ran away with one.
(c) He was denied becoming lector.
(d) He thinks he should be the boss.
2. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
(c) The ship.
3. How much does the first letter carved represent?
4. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
(a) To educate and inform.
(b) To increse productivity.
(c) To manange the plant.
(d) To calm the workers.
5. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
(a) New lector.
(b) More drinks.
(c) The new cocks.
(d) Their mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
2. Which of the following describes how Ofelia feels about her brother-in-law's presumptions?
3. Why does Santiago carve a letter?
4. Which of the following is an accurate description of the job of lector?
5. How long has Teodoro been gone before the play begins?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)