|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
(a) A flower.
(b) Ashes from a relative.
(c) The cigar remnants.
(d) The hair cuttings.
2. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
(a) Enliven him.
(b) Enchant him.
(c) Surprise him.
(d) Asphyxiate him.
3. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
4. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
(a) What a true winter is like.
(b) What it is like to be married.
(c) What New Englanders are like.
(d) How to make a cigar.
5. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
(a) To calm the workers.
(b) To educate and inform.
(c) To manange the plant.
(d) To increse productivity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Santiago and Chechy doing?
2. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
3. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
4. How does Marela feel as she deals with the Santiago and Ofelia?
5. What does Conchita know about her husband?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)