|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
(a) Life in Cuba.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband's behavior.
(d) The novel.
2. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
(a) Santiago's gambling problem.
(b) The new lector.
(c) Chechy's reaction to Juan.
(d) Marela's new love interest.
3. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
(a) Quiet awe.
4. What does Conchita long for?
(a) A husband for Ofelia.
(b) A life beyond the factory.
(c) More money.
(d) A wild affair.
5. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
(a) Uses a spell.
(b) Calls the ship captain.
(c) Sends letters.
(d) Prays to God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Santiago and Chechy during act 1, scene 1?
2. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
3. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
4. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
5. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)