|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
(a) Withering Heights.
(b) Anna Karenina.
(c) The Taming of the Shrew.
(d) A Tale of Two Cities.
2. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
(a) Her husband's gambling debt.
(b) His undying love for her.
(c) His hatred of the lector.
(d) Her sister's indiscretion.
3. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
(a) He thinks he should be the boss.
(b) He lost money gambling to them.
(c) His wife ran away with one.
(d) He was denied becoming lector.
4. How does Juan Julian feel?
5. Later, how much does Santiago have to raise the amount of money to that he owes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Santiago and Chechy?
2. Where is scene 2 set?
3. Which character is newly arrived?
4. Who steps in to break up the clash?
5. How long has Teodoro been gone before the play begins?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)