|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
(a) Passion and fervor.
(b) Reservation and hesitation.
(c) Anxiety and suppression.
(d) Surprise and regret.
2. Which of the following is an accurate description of the job of lector?
3. What do Ofelia and her daughters think about the choice of the novel?
(a) They find it fitting.
(b) They believe it is hurting Chechy.
(c) They do not think it is appropriate.
(d) They dislike it.
4. What does Santiago say happens to Americans when they drink?
(a) They become socialists.
(b) They complete no work.
(c) They are unable to think.
(d) They commit crimes.
5. How does Chechy feel about his role in the factory?
(a) He feels he needs more power.
(b) He feels it is too big.
(c) He feels overwhelmed by it.
(d) He feels useless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reaches out to touch the lector as he is dying?
2. How much does the first letter carved represent?
3. What does Juan Julian say cities do to him?
4. What does Conchita want to have for herself?
5. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)