|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the workers interested in hearing?
(a) The lector's opinion.
(b) The results of the gambling.
(c) The thoughts of Chechy.
(d) Novels read aloud.
2. What happened to Teodoro?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He died.
(c) He was sent away.
(d) He quit.
3. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
(a) The Taming of the Shrew.
(b) A Tale of Two Cities.
(c) Withering Heights.
(d) Anna Karenina.
4. Which of the following have Conchita and Palomo lost in their marriage?
5. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) He does not think the men will like the book.
(b) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
(c) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
(d) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter does Santiago carve?
2. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
3. Who steps in to break up the clash?
4. Why does Santiago carve a letter?
5. Where is scene 2 set?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)