|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
(a) Surprise and regret.
(b) Reservation and hesitation.
(c) Anxiety and suppression.
(d) Passion and fervor.
2. How do the women feel around Juan Julian?
3. How much does the first letter carved represent?
4. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
(a) Chechy's reaction to Juan.
(b) Santiago's gambling problem.
(c) The new lector.
(d) Marela's new love interest.
5. How does Juan Julian feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
2. What are the workers interested in hearing?
3. What happened to Teodoro?
4. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
5. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)