|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
(a) Her sister's indiscretion.
(b) His undying love for her.
(c) Her husband's gambling debt.
(d) His hatred of the lector.
2. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
(a) Uses a spell.
(b) Prays to God.
(c) Calls the ship captain.
(d) Sends letters.
3. What letter does Santiago carve?
4. How much does the first letter carved represent?
5. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
(a) Chechy's behavior.
(b) The cock fight that night.
(c) The novel.
(d) The new lector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Marela and Conchita waiting for?
2. Which of the following characters was the old lector?
3. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
4. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
5. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)