|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
(a) The new lector.
(b) Chechy's reaction to Juan.
(c) Santiago's gambling problem.
(d) Marela's new love interest.
2. What does Palomo long for?
(a) A husband for Marela.
(b) Life beyond the factory.
(c) Material success.
(d) An affair.
3. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
(b) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
(c) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
(d) He does not think the men will like the book.
4. Who steps in to break up the clash?
5. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
(a) Prays to God.
(b) Sends letters.
(c) Calls the ship captain.
(d) Uses a spell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is newly arrived?
2. Later, how much does Santiago have to raise the amount of money to that he owes?
3. How much does the first letter carved represent?
4. How does Juan Julian feel?
5. Where is scene 2 set?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)