|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the workers discussing as their workday ends?
(a) The novel.
(b) The cock fight that night.
(c) Chechy's behavior.
(d) The new lector.
2. How long has Teodoro been gone before the play begins?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
3. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
(a) Her husband won't allow it.
(b) They are Roman Catholic.
(c) Her lover does not wish it.
(d) They continue to need each other.
4. What does Juan Julian say the difference between the two places boils down to?
(a) Matter of age.
(b) Matter of time.
(c) Matter of water.
(d) Matter of light.
5. Later, how much does Santiago have to raise the amount of money to that he owes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an accurate description of the job of lector?
2. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
3. What is the relationship between Santiago and Chechy?
4. Where are Santiago and Chechy during act 1, scene 1?
5. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)