|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) He does not think the men will like the book.
(b) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
(c) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
(d) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
2. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
(b) Quiet awe.
3. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
(a) Surprise and regret.
(b) Anxiety and suppression.
(c) Reservation and hesitation.
(d) Passion and fervor.
4. What does Marela use to make sure the lector arrives?
(a) Calls the ship captain.
(b) Sends letters.
(c) Prays to God.
(d) Uses a spell.
5. What does Conchita long for?
(a) A wild affair.
(b) A life beyond the factory.
(c) A husband for Ofelia.
(d) More money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Santiago and Chechy doing?
2. How much does the first letter carved represent?
3. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
4. Which character clashes with Juan Julian in scene 2?
5. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)