|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chechy arguing about?
(a) Factory management.
(b) The girl's behavior.
(c) Juan Julian's staying.
(d) Chonchita's actions.
2. What does Levin's efforts to dissuade Anna's brother from selling off his ancestral land make Santiago realize?
(a) The problems he faces in his life.
(b) The extent of the errors he made with his half-brother.
(c) The relationships with the factory workers.
(d) How much he truly loves Ofelia.
3. Which of the following descriptors best fits Chechy?
4. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
(b) Quiet awe.
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
(a) Cutting remark.
(c) Sharp wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the story does Santiago identify with?
2. Who do the two characters who are not speaking to each other use to help deliver barbs to each other?
3. How does Ofelia react to what Chechy tells him?
4. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
5. Which character is newly arrived?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)