|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters works late at the factory?
2. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
(a) A flower.
(b) The cigar remnants.
(c) Ashes from a relative.
(d) The hair cuttings.
3. What was Juan Julian's family hiding from when he discovered books?
(d) His father.
4. What does Ofelia want to do, though she agrees to continue to talk about the book some more?
(a) Go to work.
(b) Go visit Santiago.
(c) Go to stay with her family.
(d) Go to bed.
5. What is Santiago's decision in regards to the machine?
(a) Begins to install it.
(b) Examines it himself.
(c) Orders the workers to be trained on it.
(d) Orders it returned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character clashes with Juan Julian in scene 2?
2. What is the band on a cigar the symbol of?
3. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
4. Where is scene 2 set?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term barb as used in the following sentence? The two characters used a third party to deliver barbs to each other.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)