|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
(a) Desire for a better life.
(b) One time he won big.
(c) Need to prove himself.
(d) Pressure from his half-brother.
2. Which of the following descriptors best fits Chechy?
3. Which character is newly arrived?
(a) Juan Julian.
4. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
(a) His hatred of the lector.
(b) Her sister's indiscretion.
(c) Her husband's gambling debt.
(d) His undying love for her.
5. What does Marela think reading the book might accomplish?
(a) Help Chechy move on.
(b) Provide closure for Ofelia.
(c) Bring the men and women closer.
(d) Alienate the new lector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the blue smoke from a cigar a source of?
2. How does the boy from New England find the ritual he helps Conchita with?
3. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
4. Which two characters are not speaking to each other?
5. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)