|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
(c) Quiet awe.
2. Why doesn't Santiago want to face Chechy?
(a) He knows the story bothers him.
(b) He knows that Chechy slept with his wife.
(c) He doesn't have the money to repay the loan.
(d) He doesn't like Chechy.
3. How does Juan Julian feel?
4. What does Juan Julian say that the tradition of reading to the workers goes back to?
(a) Indian's influence over the in habitants.
(b) Translating sacred words of dieties to common folk.
(c) Spainards introducing new religion.
(d) Ponce de Leon's travels in Florida and Cuba.
5. Which character is newly arrived?
(a) Juan Julian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization do Ofelia and Chechy come to about themselves?
2. Who does Ofelia send for to end the argument?
3. What does Ofelia want to do, though she agrees to continue to talk about the book some more?
4. Which of the following characters works late at the factory?
5. Which character clashes with Juan Julian in scene 2?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)