|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
(a) What it is like to be married.
(b) How to make a cigar.
(c) What a true winter is like.
(d) What New Englanders are like.
2. What does Conchita long for?
(a) A life beyond the factory.
(b) A husband for Ofelia.
(c) More money.
(d) A wild affair.
3. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
(a) The hair cuttings.
(b) Ashes from a relative.
(c) The cigar remnants.
(d) A flower.
4. What does Palomo long for?
(a) An affair.
(b) Life beyond the factory.
(c) Material success.
(d) A husband for Marela.
5. Which character is newly arrived?
(c) Juan Julian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
2. What do Ofelia and her daughter's snipe about?
3. What does Chechy tell Ofelia about?
4. Which of the following have Conchita and Palomo lost in their marriage?
5. Why does Chechy resent lectors?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)