|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago reveal he has been doing in secret?
(a) Listening to the novel.
(b) Paying Chechy back.
(c) Working a second job.
2. What does Juan Julian say that the tradition of reading to the workers goes back to?
(a) Ponce de Leon's travels in Florida and Cuba.
(b) Translating sacred words of dieties to common folk.
(c) Indian's influence over the in habitants.
(d) Spainards introducing new religion.
3. Which character is newly arrived?
(a) Juan Julian.
4. Which of the following describes the types of tasks workers in the factory perform?
5. How does Marela feel as she deals with the Santiago and Ofelia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ofelia and her daughters think about the choice of the novel?
2. How many of the factory workers want to dismiss the lector?
3. What does Levin's efforts to dissuade Anna's brother from selling off his ancestral land make Santiago realize?
4. Where is the setting of the opening of act 2?
5. How does Ofelia react to what Chechy tells him?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)