|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
(a) Anxiety and suppression.
(b) Passion and fervor.
(c) Reservation and hesitation.
(d) Surprise and regret.
2. What does Levin's efforts to dissuade Anna's brother from selling off his ancestral land make Santiago realize?
(a) The problems he faces in his life.
(b) The extent of the errors he made with his half-brother.
(c) The relationships with the factory workers.
(d) How much he truly loves Ofelia.
3. What does Conchita want to have for herself?
(a) A new husband.
(b) A lover.
(c) A divorce.
(d) A child.
4. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
(a) To calm the workers.
(b) To manange the plant.
(c) To increse productivity.
(d) To educate and inform.
5. What does Palomo long for?
(a) An affair.
(b) Material success.
(c) A husband for Marela.
(d) Life beyond the factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marela eventually do?
2. How does Chechy feel about his role in the factory?
3. What was Juan Julian's family hiding from when he discovered books?
4. What does Ofelia want to do, though she agrees to continue to talk about the book some more?
5. What does Juan Julian compare Tampa to?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)