|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palomo long for?
(a) A husband for Marela.
(b) Material success.
(c) Life beyond the factory.
(d) An affair.
2. What does Juan Julian say cities do to him?
(a) Surprise him.
(b) Asphyxiate him.
(c) Enliven him.
(d) Enchange him.
3. Who is Chechy arguing with?
(b) Juan Julian.
4. What does Juan Julian suggest Conchita do with her cutting?
(a) Press it in a book.
(b) Tie it in a special ribbon.
(c) Bury it under a tree.
(d) Give it to her husband.
5. Which of the following describes the types of tasks workers in the factory perform?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Levin's efforts to dissuade Anna's brother from selling off his ancestral land make Santiago realize?
2. How many of the factory workers want to dismiss the lector?
3. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
4. What does Juan Julian say that the tradition of reading to the workers goes back to?
5. What does Juan Julian say parks do to him?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)