|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the the shy boy help Conchita carry out?
(a) A Christmas celebration.
(b) A traditional cigar making ceremony.
(c) A part of her wedding ceremony.
(d) An annual Cuban ritual.
2. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
(a) Life in Cuba.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband's behavior.
(d) The novel.
3. What was rising cigar smoke supposed to do in history according to Juan Julian?
(a) Protect the villagers.
(b) Defend against attackers.
(c) Communicate to the dietes.
(d) Help crops to grow.
4. Which character is newly arrived?
(b) Juan Julian.
5. What does Juan Julian say cities do to him?
(a) Asphyxiate him.
(b) Enliven him.
(c) Surprise him.
(d) Enchange him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Ofelia feels about her brother-in-law's presumptions?
2. What is the lector's role in a Cuban cigar factory?
3. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
4. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
5. When do the two spouses begin to communicate with each other in a direct manner?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)