|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan Julian say cities do to him?
(a) Surprise him.
(b) Enchange him.
(c) Enliven him.
(d) Asphyxiate him.
2. Why doesn't Santiago want to face Chechy?
(a) He doesn't like Chechy.
(b) He knows the story bothers him.
(c) He doesn't have the money to repay the loan.
(d) He knows that Chechy slept with his wife.
3. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
(a) Palomo won't allow it.
(b) They are Roman Catholic.
(c) They continue to work together.
(d) Her lover does not wish it.
4. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
(a) The Taming of the Shrew.
(b) Anna Karenina.
(c) A Tale of Two Cities.
(d) Withering Heights.
5. Why does Juan Julian reconsider the choice of book?
(a) Chechy has told him he will leave if he reads that book.
(b) Only Ofelia seems interested in that book.
(c) He thinks his choice will deepen Chechy's torment.
(d) He does not think the men will like the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following themes figures prominently in the final scene of act 1?
2. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
3. What are Juan Julian and Conchita doing as Act 2 opens?
4. What does Chechy accuse Marela of?
5. What does Santiago reveal he has been doing in secret?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)