|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how act 1 scene 5 opens?
(a) Dramatic interlude.
(b) Climatic intervention.
(c) Opening dialoge.
2. What does Conchita know about her husband?
(a) He has a mistress.
(b) He should have been the lectur.
(c) He cannot open up easily.
(d) He does not love her.
3. What keeps Santiago taking chances and losing at gambling?
(a) Desire for a better life.
(b) Pressure from his half-brother.
(c) Need to prove himself.
(d) One time he won big.
4. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
(a) Surprise and regret.
(b) Reservation and hesitation.
(c) Anxiety and suppression.
(d) Passion and fervor.
5. What does Juan Julian say he would like to learn?
(a) What a true winter is like.
(b) How to make a cigar.
(c) What it is like to be married.
(d) What New Englanders are like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the character of Vronsky fiercely dedicated to in the story?
2. What does Marela eventually do?
3. How does Chechy feel about his behavior?
4. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
5. What do Conchita and her husband discuss?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)