|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juan Julian doing at the end of act 1?
(a) Stroking Conchita's hair and kissing her shoulder and lips.
(b) Reading from the book.
(c) Talking to Conchita's husband.
(d) Planning out the steps involved in the ritual.
2. What was the first novel Juan Julian had planned on reading?
(a) Anna Karenina.
(b) A Tale of Two Cities.
(c) The Taming of the Shrew.
(d) Withering Heights.
3. Who steps in to break up the clash?
4. What does Conchita want to have for herself?
(a) A new husband.
(b) A divorce.
(c) A child.
(d) A lover.
5. What does Conchita know about her husband?
(a) He should have been the lectur.
(b) He does not love her.
(c) He cannot open up easily.
(d) He has a mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument does Chechy use to defend his purchase?
2. What is the character of Vronsky fiercely dedicated to in the story?
3. What realization do Ofelia and Chechy come to about themselves?
4. What right does Ofelia assert?
5. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)