|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ofelia send for to end the argument?
(c) Juan Julian.
2. Where does Juan Julian tell Conchita he would prefer to meet?
(a) His room or a hotel.
(b) Her home.
(c) The factory.
(d) Near the lake.
3. What does Juan Julian suggest Conchita do with her cutting?
(a) Bury it under a tree.
(b) Give it to her husband.
(c) Tie it in a special ribbon.
(d) Press it in a book.
4. What did Chechy purchase?
(a) Tape recorder.
(b) Rolling machine.
(c) A cigar cutter.
(d) New land for the factory.
5. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
(a) Her husband's behavior.
(b) Life in Cuba.
(c) The novel.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steps in to break up the clash?
2. What does Ofelia want to do, though she agrees to continue to talk about the book some more?
3. Which of the following terms is the best definition of a superstition?
4. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
5. How does Chechy feel about his role in the factory?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)