|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan Julian decline to say?
(a) Which character he personally identifies with.
(b) Why Karenin did not commit murder.
(c) What he does with Conchita.
(d) Why Anna fell in with Vronsky.
2. What are the factory workers celebrating?
(a) New brand.
(b) End of the book.
(c) New equipment.
3. What does Juan Julian suggest Conchita do with her cutting?
(a) Press it in a book.
(b) Tie it in a special ribbon.
(c) Bury it under a tree.
(d) Give it to her husband.
4. What does Palomo long for?
(a) A husband for Marela.
(b) Material success.
(c) An affair.
(d) Life beyond the factory.
5. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
(a) Describes love.
(b) Explains differences.
(c) Understands humanity.
(d) Relates to others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion does Chechy make to Palomo about his wife?
2. What was Juan Julian's family hiding from when he discovered books?
3. What does Ofelia believe prohibition stems from?
4. What does Conchita long for?
5. What is Juan Julian doing at the end of act 1?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)