|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
(a) Ashes from a relative.
(b) The cigar remnants.
(c) The hair cuttings.
(d) A flower.
2. What is Juan Julian doing at the end of act 1?
(a) Stroking Conchita's hair and kissing her shoulder and lips.
(b) Planning out the steps involved in the ritual.
(c) Reading from the book.
(d) Talking to Conchita's husband.
3. What question do Palomo and Chechy ask Juan Julian about Karenin?
(a) Why Anna fell in love with Vronsky.
(b) Why Karenin would not have murdered Vronksy.
(c) Why he is sleeping with Palomo's wife.
(d) Why he chose to read the Anna book.
4. Which of the following describes how Juan reads from the book?
(a) Anxiety and suppression.
(b) Passion and fervor.
(c) Reservation and hesitation.
(d) Surprise and regret.
5. Which of the following descriptors best fits Chechy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the blue smoke from a cigar a source of?
2. What does Palomo complain about?
3. What does Santiago suggest to announce what they have done?
4. Why does Juan Julian believe Anna fell in with Vronsky?
5. Which of the following themes figures prominently in the final scene of act 1?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)