|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was IT a euphemism in this act?
2. What does Ofelia believe prohibition stems from?
(a) White Americans cannot dance.
(c) Lack of ability to make it .
(d) Control and dictatorship.
3. What is the band on a cigar the symbol of?
4. What suggestion does Chechy make to Palomo about his wife?
(a) Beating up Juan Julian.
(b) Getting her pregnant so she won't work anymore.
(c) Ending the affair.
(d) Moving up north.
5. Why don't Anna and her husband get divorced?
(a) Her lover does not wish it.
(b) Her husband won't allow it.
(c) They continue to need each other.
(d) They are Roman Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Juan Julian's family hiding from when he discovered books?
2. What does Juan Julian bring to help decorate the factory?
3. Why don't Conchita and Palomo get divorced?
4. What do the girls in the ritual bury beneath a tree?
5. How do the factory workers respond to Juan's reading?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)