|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juan Julian doing at the end of act 1?
(a) Reading from the book.
(b) Talking to Conchita's husband.
(c) Stroking Conchita's hair and kissing her shoulder and lips.
(d) Planning out the steps involved in the ritual.
2. What does Conchita know about her husband?
(a) He does not love her.
(b) He has a mistress.
(c) He should have been the lectur.
(d) He cannot open up easily.
3. What does Conchita use to justify her wants?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband's behavior.
(c) Life in Cuba.
(d) The novel.
4. What do Ofelia and her daughters think about the choice of the novel?
(a) They dislike it.
(b) They do not think it is appropriate.
(c) They believe it is hurting Chechy.
(d) They find it fitting.
5. Why does Juan Julian believe Anna fell in with Vronsky?
(a) She needed to rediscover herself as a woman.
(b) She was weak and helpless.
(c) She needed to feel love.
(d) She wanted to hurt her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan Julian tell Conchita Tolstoy understands better than any other writers?
2. What does Santiago suggest to announce what they have done?
3. What did Ofelia once sit for?
4. Who witnesses what goes on between Conchita and Juan Julian?
5. What does Juan Julian suggest Conchita do with her cutting?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)