Act 1, Scene 1
1. What is arriving during act 1, scene 1?
2. What is the relationship between Santiago and Chechy?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(b) Father and son.
(d) Half brothers.
3. Where are Santiago and Chechy during act 1, scene 1?
(b) Card game.
(d) Cigar factory.
4. What were Santiago and Chechy doing?
5. Which of the following characters is taking care of the betting?
6. What does Santiago run out of?
7. What letter does Santiago carve?
8. Why does Santiago carve a letter?
(a) To show ownership.
(b) To help him remember.
(c) As a promissory note.
(d) To track winnings.
9. Where does Santiago carve the letter?
(a) On his leather belt.
(b) On a tree.
(c) On the sole of a shoe.
(d) In the chair.
10. How much does the first letter carved represent?
This section contains 3,764 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)