|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Herzog reply when Lachenal asked him what he would do if he (Lachenal) were to turn back?
2. What had Herzog lost sight of upon returning to camp?
3. What did Dr. Oudot use for amputations?
4. Where did the climbers descend to after reuniting?
5. How long did Herzog have before the monsoon would reach the mountains?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dr. Oudot threaten Herzog with on their descent?
2. Describe the amputation of Herzog's fingers and toes.
3. What weather-related news did Herzog and his team learn about when they reached the base camp?
4. Describe Herzog's condition upon his return to Camp II.
5. Describe the night that Lachenal and Herzog spent in a cavern.
6. What did Herzog and his team plan to do in the Woods of Lete?
7. Describe Herzog's fever-induced vision.
8. Describe Herzog's return to camp.
9. Describe the splitting up of the climbing team in Gorakhpur.
10. Describe Herzog's feelings while he was descending the mountain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Can you describe Herzog's authority and his leadership style based on his decisions and his descriptions of same in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Can you evaluate the claim that the accomplishment of the expedition was not worth the loss of the fingers and toes of Herzog and Lachenal?
Essay Topic 3
What were the technical developments that had made the expedition to Annapurna possible?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)