|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX There Are Other Annapurnas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Herzog lost sight of things upon returning to camp?
(a) He was sick with altitude sickness.
(b) He was overjoyed to report his achievement.
(c) He was totally exhausted.
(d) He was in pain from his injuries.
2. What did Herzog and his team do during their first days in Tukucha?
(b) Arrange passports.
(c) Set up camp.
(d) Reconnoiter the mountain.
3. What did Dr. Oudot inject into Herzog and Lachenal?
4. To which of the following did Herzog compare the ascent?
(a) A river.
(b) A poem.
(c) A military campaign.
(d) A race.
5. Whom did Herzog send to look for the Tilicho Pass?
(a) Lachenal and Rebuffat.
(b) Couzy and Terray.
(c) Schatz and the Nepalese guide.
(d) Couzy and Schatz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do Herzog and his team find at the end of their retreat?
2. What was the going like from Camp IV?
3. Which of the following was to take place in early June?
4. Which of the following best describes the hidden valley?
5. What did Rebuffat and Terray tell Herzog when they met each other?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)