|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX There Are Other Annapurnas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Dr. Oudot test on the climbers?
(a) Lung capacity.
(c) Their tolerance for different drugs.
2. Who served as doctor during the expedition?
(a) Jean Couzy.
(b) Jacques Oudot.
(c) Louis Lachenal.
(d) Marcel Schatz.
3. What terrified Herzog on his way out?
(a) Being carried over high ledges.
(b) The fear of suffocating.
(c) The thought that one of his climbers might die.
(d) The thought of never seeing his wife again.
4. How did Herzog feel about Terray's concerns?
(a) He shared them.
(b) He did not understand them.
(c) He knew that they were groundless.
(d) He knew that conditions would improve shortly.
5. Which of the following statements best reflects Rebuffat's thoughts on May 20 in relation to pressing on?
(a) He wanted to wait to see how the weather had changed.
(b) He wanted to press on.
(c) He wanted to wait for Lachenal and Schatz.
(d) He wanted to go back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Terray on his way back to Camp II?
2. How did Dr. Oudot care for Herzog's fingers and toes?
3. Who had the final decision about which mountain to climb?
4. Which of the following was decided at the May 14 meeting?
5. How long did Herzog have before the weather would set in?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)