|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XX There Are Other Annapurnas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Herzog feel about Terray's concerns?
(a) He knew that they were groundless.
(b) He did not understand them.
(c) He knew that conditions would improve shortly.
(d) He shared them.
2. What prospect did Herzog explore when he broke the men into exploring teams?
(a) The Dhaulagiri Glacier.
(b) The north ridge of Dhaulagiri.
(c) The north face of Annapurna.
(d) The east ridge of Dhaulagiri.
3. What did Rebuffat and Terray insist upon doing?
(a) Returning to Camp II.
(c) Staying at Camp III.
(d) Returning to Camp IV.
4. What did Dr. Oudot tell Herzog about his prognosis?
(a) That he would be lucky to live.
(b) That he could probably save something.
(c) That he would probably lose his arms and legs.
(d) That he could not tell yet.
5. Which of the following did Herzog and his team get for the first time on May 23?
(b) A view of Annapurna.
(c) Letters from home.
(d) News about the Tilicho Pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Herzog confide to Terray after digging out in the morning?
2. What was Lachenal's condition?
3. How did the Sherpas feel about following the route that Herzog had blazed?
4. Which of the following areas served as a retreat for Herzog and his team?
5. What did Herzog say in response to Terray's offer?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)