|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X The Sickle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high was Camp IV?
(a) 22,000 feet.
(b) 23,500 feet.
(c) 25,000 feet.
(d) 27,000 feet.
2. What was the author's role in the expedition?
(a) To arrange the visas.
(b) To lead the club.
(c) To assemble the team.
(d) To arrange logistics.
3. Where do Terray and Schatz camp on May 19?
(a) On a ledge that they had made.
(b) In the snow.
(c) At the campsite.
(d) In an advance camp that they had set up.
4. Who visited the climbers' camp?
(a) A woman.
(b) A general.
(c) A runaway child.
(d) A lama.
5. What did Herzog decide based on the information that Lachenal and Terray provided?
(a) To return for supplies.
(b) To climb up the spur and make camp.
(c) To launch a summit bid.
(d) To keep exploring.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to the party, how did Herzog and his team mark their celebration?
2. Which of the following statements best reflects Rebuffat's thoughts on May 20 in relation to pressing on?
3. Where did Herzog blaze a trail from Camp III?
4. What news did the Sherpa relay toHerzog as he was climbing along the Great Barrier?
5. Where were all the supplies when Herzog and his team set up camp within view of Annapurna?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)