|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X The Sickle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where and when does 'Annapurna' begin?
(a) Katmandu, 1952.
(b) Paris, 1950.
(c) Annapurna, 1951.
(d) Chamonix, 1950.
2. What did Herzog's Nepalese guide tell him about the Tilicho Pass?
(a) That he did not know anything about it.
(b) That it was off limits.
(c) That it was nearby.
(d) That it was impassable.
3. What region were the climbers thinking about climbing?
(a) The Pyrenees.
(b) The Adirondacks.
(c) The Rockies.
(d) The Himalayas.
4. What did Herzog and his team do during their first days in Tukucha?
(a) Reconnoiter the mountain.
(b) Arrange passports.
(c) Set up camp.
5. What did Herzog do to save time?
(a) Establish Camp II.
(b) Sent Sherpas to Tukucha for their gear.
(c) Divided the climbers into teams.
(d) Returned to Manangbhot for supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Terray and Lachenal tell Herzog?
2. Which of the following statements best reflects Rebuffat's thoughts on May 20 in relation to pressing on?
3. When did Herzog decide on Annapurna instead of Dhaulagiri?
4. Which of the climbers suffered a fall on the retreat above Camp II?
5. Which of the following passes afforded Herzog and his team access to Annapurna?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)