|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X The Sickle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the trek into Tukucha, Nepal?
(a) Four days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One day.
(d) Two weeks.
2. Which of the following was decided at the May 14 meeting?
(a) To keep exploring.
(b) To climb Dhaulagiri.
(c) To climb Annapurna.
(d) To get more supplies.
3. How did Herzog feel about his team's chances of being able to summit?
4. How were the team members selected?
(a) Based on diversity.
(b) Based on financial capability.
(c) Based on experience and ability to function.
(d) Based on level of ambition and talent.
5. Where did Herzog and Rebuffat camp on May 19?
(a) At an advance campsite that they had set up.
(b) On a ledge that they had made.
(c) In the snow.
(d) By the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was positioned south of Herzog's exploratory expedition route?
2. Which of the following was to take place in early June?
3. How did the altitude affect Herzog?
4. What was the weather like when Herzog, Rebuffat, Terray and Schatz set out up the spur?
5. Who offered to lead Herzog and his team to the Tilicho Pass?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)