|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X The Sickle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Herzog blaze a trail from Camp III?
(a) Up the Great Barrier.
(b) Around the plateau.
(c) Up 'the Sickle'.
(d) Through a crevasse field.
2. What was the basis for Dawatondu's complaint when he and Herzog arrived at Camp III?
(a) Abdominal pains.
(b) Lack of pay.
(c) Lack of food.
(d) Extremely cold temperature.
3. How many team members were involved in planning the expedition?
4. Which of the following areas served as a retreat for Herzog and his team?
(a) Camp II.
(b) Camp III.
(d) Camp I.
5. What did some team members do while Herzog explored an approach to Annapurna?
(b) Negotiate with porters.
(c) Buy supplies.
(d) Look for a route up Dhaulagiri.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the state that Couzy, Lachenal, Rebuffat and the others were in when Herzog found them at Camp III after having established Camp IV?
2. Why did Herzog and his team celebrate with a party on May 24?
3. What did Herzog pack for sustenance on his way back to the camp at Tilicho Pass?
4. Which of the following approaches to Annapurna did Herzog explore himself?
5. What news did the Sherpa relay toHerzog as he was climbing along the Great Barrier?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)