|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX Annapurna.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where and when does 'Annapurna' begin?
(a) Annapurna, 1951.
(b) Katmandu, 1952.
(c) Chamonix, 1950.
(d) Paris, 1950.
2. In what way did Herzog demonstrate his leadership and prowess?
(a) By bribing the officials who wanted to stop the ascent.
(b) By descending into a crevasse for lost gear.
(c) By negotiating with the discontented Sherpas.
(d) By leading up overhanging ice.
3. To which of the following did Herzog compare the ascent?
(a) A river.
(b) A race.
(c) A military campaign.
(d) A poem.
4. What did Herzog do to save time?
(a) Sent Sherpas to Tukucha for their gear.
(b) Establish Camp II.
(c) Divided the climbers into teams.
(d) Returned to Manangbhot for supplies.
5. What region were the climbers thinking about climbing?
(a) The Rockies.
(b) The Pyrenees.
(c) The Adirondacks.
(d) The Himalayas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Herzog feel about Lachenal and Rebuffat's plan?
2. Which of the following did Herzog have to cross in order to get supplies at Manangbhot?
3. What were Herzog and his team prevented from doing because of the weather?
4. What did Herzog decide based on the information that Lachenal and Terray provided?
5. Who was in favor of continuing on, after Herzog, Rebuffat, Terray and Schatz reached a wide ledge on May 20?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)