|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII The Spur.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the author's role in the expedition?
(a) To lead the club.
(b) To assemble the team.
(c) To arrange logistics.
(d) To arrange the visas.
2. What did the visitor tell the climbers?
(a) That Annapurna was close by.
(b) That it was not propitious to climb Dhaulagiri.
(c) That they would be renowned for their efforts.
(d) That they would lose one of their team members.
3. What did Herzog pack for sustenance on his way back to the camp at Tilicho Pass?
4. What did Herzog ask Lachenal and Terray to do?
(a) To set up an advance camp.
(b) To write to France with updates.
(c) To take letters to Tukucha.
(d) To obtain supplies.
5. Which of the following actions did the climbers commit themselves to do via oath?
(a) To summit or die.
(b) To obey Herzog.
(c) To return alive.
(d) To reach the summit before another team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Terray and Lachenal tell Herzog?
2. What region were the climbers thinking about climbing?
3. Who served as doctor during the expedition?
4. What prospect did Herzog explore when he broke the men into exploring teams?
5. What were conditions like when Herzog continued up the spur on May 21?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)