|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII The Spur.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Herzog send to look for the Tilicho Pass?
(a) Couzy and Terray.
(b) Schatz and the Nepalese guide.
(c) Lachenal and Rebuffat.
(d) Couzy and Schatz.
2. What did Herzog do when he returned to camp?
(a) Explored the route to Annapurna.
(b) Ate and slept.
(c) Talked with the other climbers.
(d) Returned to Manangbhot.
3. Which of the following approaches to Annapurna did Herzog explore himself?
(a) The East Glacier.
(d) The Tilicho Pass.
4. How did Herzog justify the position that he had taken during the May 14 conversation?
(a) He wanted to establish a consensus.
(b) He wanted to test his climbers' loyalty.
(c) He wanted to lead the team to his decision on their own.
(d) He wanted to see if anyone would disobey him.
5. How did the altitude affect Herzog?
(a) He was nauseous and dizzy.
(b) He began to experience headaches.
(c) He was sleepy all the time.
(d) He was not affected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news did the climbers from Dhaulagiri announce?
2. What did some team members do while Herzog explored an approach to Annapurna?
3. Which of the following statements best reflects Herzog's thoughts on May 20 in relation to pressing on?
4. How far away from camp did Herzog collapse?
5. Which of the following did Herzog do after Lachenal and Terry set out?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)