|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII The Spur.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in favor of continuing on, after Herzog, Rebuffat, Terray and Schatz reached a wide ledge on May 20?
2. Which of the following did Herzog have to cross in order to get supplies at Manangbhot?
(a) A frozen lake.
(b) A pass.
(c) A river.
(d) A crevasse field.
3. Which of the following blocked the ridge to the peak of Dhaulagiri?
4. How many team members were involved in planning the expedition?
5. What were conditions like when Herzog continued up the spur on May 21?
(a) Iced like rabbit fur.
(b) Iced like stone.
(c) Iced like cauliflower.
(d) Iced like glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Herzog ask Lachenal and Terray to do?
2. How did Herzog and Rebuffat set out to join their team?
3. Which of the following did Dr. Oudot test on the climbers?
4. Which of the following did Herzog do after Lachenal and Terry set out?
5. How did Herzog respond to the May 14 consensus?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)