|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII The Spur.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was decided at the May 14 meeting?
(a) To keep exploring.
(b) To get more supplies.
(c) To climb Dhaulagiri.
(d) To climb Annapurna.
2. What did Herzog do when he returned to camp?
(a) Talked with the other climbers.
(b) Returned to Manangbhot.
(c) Ate and slept.
(d) Explored the route to Annapurna.
3. How many team members were involved in planning the expedition?
4. What were Herzog, Rebuffat, Terray and Schatz looking for when they set out on May 19?
(a) A village with Sherpas.
(b) A route to the Tilicho Pass.
(d) A site for a camp.
5. Which of the following did Herzog do after Lachenal and Terry set out?
(a) Explored other routes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the trek into Tukucha, Nepal?
2. What did Herzog decide based on the information that Lachenal and Terray provided?
3. What did Terray and Lachenal tell Herzog?
4. How did Herzog respond to the May 14 consensus?
5. What did Herzog's Nepalese guide tell him about the Tilicho Pass?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)