|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVI The Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the climbers in Camp I share?
(a) Cognac and wine.
2. What date did the porters begin to carry the entire expedition's gear down?
(a) June 9, 1950.
(b) May 27, 1950.
(c) June 19, 1950.
(d) May 31, 1950.
3. How did Herzog justify the position that he had taken during the May 14 conversation?
(a) He wanted to lead the team to his decision on their own.
(b) He wanted to test his climbers' loyalty.
(c) He wanted to establish a consensus.
(d) He wanted to see if anyone would disobey him.
4. What news did Schatz take with him to Camp II?
(a) That supplies were being sent from Base Camp.
(b) That Rebuffat and Terray would organize Camp IV the next day.
(c) That the Sherpas were unhappy.
(d) That the monsoon was approaching.
5. What did Herzog ask Lachenal and Terray to do?
(a) To obtain supplies.
(b) To set up an advance camp.
(c) To write to France with updates.
(d) To take letters to Tukucha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Herzog do after Lachenal and Terry set out?
2. What news did Herzog get about the weather?
3. How did Herzog respond to the May 14 consensus?
4. Which of the following best describes the Miristi Khola?
5. What were Herzog and Lachenal astounded to see on their way to Camp III?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)