|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Burke's picture appear in Boston?
(b) The newspapers.
(c) On television.
(d) Boston Magazine.
2. Where has Anna just been released from at the beginning of the play?
(a) Detox program.
(d) Jury duty.
3. What toast does Anna make that Burke drinks to in the last scene of the play?
(b) "Here's to us!"
(c) "May God smile on you."
(d) "Here's to the sea, no matter what!"
4. How does Anna act when Chris returns with her drink in Act 1?
(a) Jumps up from her chair to help him.
(b) Says "Yum!"
(c) Claps her hands.
(d) Hastily dries her eyes and tries to smile.
5. What does Anna say about being alone after Burke goes back to sea?
(a) She hates it.
(b) She will not be alone as she plans to stay in a hotel.
(c) Being alone runs in her family and she will get used to it.
(d) She would rather be with everyone on the steamer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris do after Anna says to him he should have had her with him when she was a child?
2. What did Chris tell Marthy that Anna's job was?
3. What does Chris say he is sorry for when he returns to the cabin and sees Anna with her suitcase?
4. Where does Anna live after her mother's death?
5. What job at sea does Burke mention as paying enough so he could afford a little house?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)