|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the veins in Burke's forearms look like when he first comes on board the barge?
(a) Blue cords.
2. What does Burke say he would rather be to Anna than anything else in the world?
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Her mentor.
(d) Her savior.
3. What does Chris change his mind about regarding Anna in Act 3?
(a) His choice of drinks.
(b) Anna's chores.
(c) The boat's direction.
(d) That Anna should marry Burke.
4. What happened to the other sailors in the open boat?
(a) They were unconscious.
(b) They had broken arms or fingers.
(c) They couldn't stand up.
(d) They didn't know how to row.
5. What does Burke have Anna say after she swears that she will never again act the way she had in the past?
(a) "And may the blackest curse of God strike me if I'm lying."
(b) "May I be struck by lightning if this is untrue."
(c) "I will give up my life if this is not truth."
(d) "I swear on my life."
Short Answer Questions
1. What toast does Anna make that Burke drinks to in the last scene of the play?
2. What does Anna call Chris when she is angry about him making things worse in Act 3?
3. When Chris is talking to Anna with Marthy, how old does he think she is?
4. Where does Anna help Burke move to at the end of Act 2?
5. What is Anna's reaction when Burke proposes?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)