|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burke say about Anna when he first sees her?
(a) "Who are you?"
(b) "When can I get on land?"
(c) "Where am I?"
(d) "Is it dreaming I am?"
2. How does Anna describe herself when she says she feels happy being at sea in Act 2?
3. What does Chris say is a million times worse than being a sailor?
(a) Hardware store owner.
(c) Big city businessman.
4. What is Chris's physical state when he is at the bar in the beginning of the play?
(a) He has been drinking.
(b) He looks too heavy.
(c) He feels ill.
(d) He is exhausted.
5. When Burke is boasting about his strength and courage in Act 2, what does Anna say to him?
(a) "You had enough time to yourself."
(b) "You were so busy."
(c) "Gee, you hate yourself, don't you?"
(d) "The ocean must have been pretty."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larry suggest that Chris do after he arrives at the bar?
2. What does Anna say about being alone after Burke goes back to sea?
3. After Anna tells Burke that Chris is her father, what does he call Chris?
4. What order does Burke give Anna in Act 3?
5. What does Burke describe as "quick and clane"?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)