|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chris's physical state when he is at the bar in the beginning of the play?
(a) He looks too heavy.
(b) He is exhausted.
(c) He has been drinking.
(d) He feels ill.
2. Who is described as having choirboy looks?
3. What order does Burke give Anna in Act 3?
(a) Stop whining.
(b) Sit down.
(c) Get dressed quickly so they can go ashore.
(d) Be quiet.
4. What is Anna holding but not reading while sitting in the rocking chair in the cabin?
5. What expression is Chris wearing when he returns to the cabin from his bedroom with his tin of beer?
(a) A tired one.
(b) He looks despondent.
(c) A look of gloominess.
(d) He is grinning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna think it is funny when Burke tells her he signed up to work on a steamer?
2. What does Chris say he is sorry for when he returns to the cabin and sees Anna with her suitcase?
3. Why does Burke say he got so strong?
4. Who was in the family that Anna lived with after her mother died?
5. What does Burke describe as "quick and clane"?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)