|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Burke is boasting about his strength and courage in Act 2, what does Anna say to him?
(a) "You had enough time to yourself."
(b) "The ocean must have been pretty."
(c) "You were so busy."
(d) "Gee, you hate yourself, don't you?"
2. What does Larry ask Chris when he orders a glass of wine?
(a) "Well, who's the blond?"
(b) "Let me know if you need anything else."
(c) "Is this small enough?"
(d) "When did you start drinking wine?"
3. What kind of wine does Chris order for Anna in the bar when they are first reunited?
(c) Port wine.
(d) Sauvignon Blanc.
4. How does Larry respond when Chris orders a drink for himself at the end of Act 1?
(a) "What? You don't want a larger size?"
(b) "Good choice!"
(c) "She's reformin' you already."
(d) "You're done."
5. What happened to the other sailors in the open boat?
(a) They didn't know how to row.
(b) They had broken arms or fingers.
(c) They couldn't stand up.
(d) They were unconscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris want to leave the barge to go and get at the end of Act 3?
2. What job at sea does Burke mention as paying enough so he could afford a little house?
3. What does Anna think that Chris does for a living when she is talking with Marthy?
4. What is Mat Burke wearing when Anna first sees him?
5. Why does Anna want to stay out on the deck at night at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)