|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chris is talking to Anna with Marthy, how old does he think she is?
2. What does Burke describe as "quick and clane"?
(a) Having his tooth pulled.
(b) His leg operation.
(c) Death at sea for a sailor.
(d) Death by shark attack.
3. What kind of job does Burke not want to do on land?
(a) Milking cows.
(b) Digging potatoes.
(c) Being a store clerk.
(d) Working in a bank.
4. What does Burke say he would rather be to Anna than anything else in the world?
(a) Her savior.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Her mentor.
5. What does Chris tell Burke he needs to do at the end of Act 2?
(a) Come with him to the officer's cabin.
(b) Hurry and get a bunk in the sailors' quarters.
(c) Act as a lookout for the night watch.
(d) Have dinner with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Burke's picture appear in Boston?
2. What does Chris want to leave the barge to go and get at the end of Act 3?
3. What happened to the other sailors in the open boat?
4. What does Anna say about her cousin Paul?
5. What is the stage direction for when Anna drinks her drink at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)