|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna hope to achieve by visiting Chris?
(a) To get some money.
(b) To ask him to go to Florida with her.
(c) To have a rest at his home.
(d) To take his photograph.
2. What does Burke say about Anna when he first sees her?
(a) "When can I get on land?"
(b) "Is it dreaming I am?"
(c) "Who are you?"
(d) "Where am I?"
3. What does Chris tell Burke he needs to do at the end of Act 2?
(a) Hurry and get a bunk in the sailors' quarters.
(b) Come with him to the officer's cabin.
(c) Act as a lookout for the night watch.
(d) Have dinner with him.
4. Who is described as having choirboy looks?
5. What happened to the other sailors in the open boat?
(a) They were unconscious.
(b) They couldn't stand up.
(c) They didn't know how to row.
(d) They had broken arms or fingers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Anna's profession in the last city she lived?
2. Who does Anna say gives you a "kick when you're down"?
3. What is Larry reading behind the bar when Chris orders a glass of wine for Anna?
4. What is the first question that Marthy asks Anna at the bar?
5. What does Burke say men must be to wed girls like Anna?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)