|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job at sea does Burke mention as paying enough so he could afford a little house?
(a) Fixing sails.
(b) Polishing the tack.
(c) Stokehole of a proper ship.
(d) Scrubbing the deck.
2. According to Marthy, what does Chris think of Anna?
(a) Wishes she weren't coming.
(b) Is skeptical about seeing her.
(c) Thinks she is probably alright.
(d) Thinks the world of her.
3. What is Anna's reaction when she first sees Burke seated on the deck?
4. How does Anna feel about being out at sea in the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Sea sick.
(b) It makes her feel clean.
5. What did Anna travel in to visit Chris?
(d) A dirty coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the playwright's description of Anna when she first enters the bar?
2. What does Chris order for himself when he gets Anna a glass of wine?
3. Who was in the family that Anna lived with after her mother died?
4. Where are Chris and Anna when Act 2 begins?
5. What does Chris call the sea in Act 2 when he and Anna are talking in the fog?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)