|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris blame for his not being able to visit Anna when she was young?
(a) Couldn't get a train ticket.
(b) Too busy.
(c) The sea.
2. What time does Chris say five bells is?
(a) Six o'clock.
(b) Half past ten.
(c) Twelve thirty.
(d) Two o'clock.
3. Why does Anna want to stay out on the deck at night at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She wants to look at the lighthouse.
(b) She wants to think about things.
(c) She is hoping for a chance to see a whale.
(d) She wants to pray.
4. What does Marthy reveal to Anna?
(a) Directions to the closest city.
(b) The secret ingredient for her favorite drink.
(c) The best place to stay in town.
(d) Her relationship with Chris.
5. What is Chris's physical state when he is at the bar in the beginning of the play?
(a) He looks too heavy.
(b) He is exhausted.
(c) He has been drinking.
(d) He feels ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris say about fog?
2. What does Chris ask Anna to get from the cabin in Act 2?
3. What job at sea does Burke mention as paying enough so he could afford a little house?
4. How many women are in the bar when Anna arrives at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Chris tell Burke he needs to do at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)