|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anna say gives you a "kick when you're down"?
2. What did Chris tell Marthy that Anna's job was?
(c) Nurse girl.
3. What is Anna's opinion about the fog?
(a) It scares her.
(b) She doesn't like not seeing clearly.
(c) It makes her feel wet.
(d) She loves it.
4. What is the stage direction for when Anna drinks her drink at the end of Act 1?
(a) Downs her port at a gulp like a drink of whiskey.
(b) Puts a straw in the glass and sips.
(c) Sips modestly at her drink.
(d) Takes one gulp and spits it out.
5. What does Burke say he would give up if he found a girl to marry him?
(a) His long hair.
(b) Wearing boots in the house.
(c) Smoking a pipe.
(d) Drinking and roving about.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the veins in Burke's forearms look like when he first comes on board the barge?
2. What does Anna hope to achieve by visiting Chris?
3. What is Larry's job?
4. What does Anna do at the beginning of the play when Chris leaves the room and goes to order the wine?
5. Who is described as having choirboy looks?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)