|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bar where Act 1 is set?
(a) The Longshoreman Saloon.
(b) Johnny-the-Priest's Saloon.
(c) Larry's Saloon.
(d) The Schooner.
2. What does Chris say will help Anna get strong and healthy?
(a) Getting a massage.
(b) Going to a resort.
(c) Traveling to the Bahamas.
(d) Spending some time on the barge at sea.
3. Where do Anna and her mother move to?
(a) South Dakota.
4. What word does Chris ask Anna if she knows at the end of Act 1?
(b) Bon Apetite.
(c) Mazel tov.
5. How does Larry respond when Chris orders a drink for himself at the end of Act 1?
(a) "Good choice!"
(b) "She's reformin' you already."
(c) "What? You don't want a larger size?"
(d) "You're done."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in the family that Anna lived with after her mother died?
2. Who does Anna say gives you a "kick when you're down"?
3. What does Chris blame for his not being able to visit Anna when she was young?
4. What does Larry ask Chris when he orders a glass of wine?
5. What does Marthy say about Chris's view of farm life?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)