|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in the family that Anna lived with after her mother died?
(a) Mother, two sons.
(b) Husband and wife.
(c) Husband, wife, and four sons.
(d) Father, one son.
2. Where does Anna live after her mother's death?
(a) A relative's city condo.
(d) Her cousins' farm.
3. What does Chris say will help Anna get strong and healthy?
(a) Getting a massage.
(b) Going to a resort.
(c) Spending some time on the barge at sea.
(d) Traveling to the Bahamas.
4. What is the stage direction for when Anna drinks her drink at the end of Act 1?
(a) Takes one gulp and spits it out.
(b) Downs her port at a gulp like a drink of whiskey.
(c) Sips modestly at her drink.
(d) Puts a straw in the glass and sips.
5. What does Larry suggest that Chris do after he arrives at the bar?
(a) Drink some water.
(b) Have another drink.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Go round the corner for some beef stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna want to learn more about from Marthy?
2. What is the relationship between Chris and Anna?
3. Where did Anna run away to?
4. What was Anna's profession in the last city she lived?
5. What is Chris's physical state when he is at the bar in the beginning of the play?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)