|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chris's physical state when he is at the bar in the beginning of the play?
(a) He is exhausted.
(b) He feels ill.
(c) He looks too heavy.
(d) He has been drinking.
2. What does Chris order for himself when he gets Anna a glass of wine?
(a) One small beer.
(d) Ginger ale.
3. Who was in the family that Anna lived with after her mother died?
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Father, one son.
(c) Husband, wife, and four sons.
(d) Mother, two sons.
4. What is the stage direction for when Anna drinks her drink at the end of Act 1?
(a) Sips modestly at her drink.
(b) Takes one gulp and spits it out.
(c) Downs her port at a gulp like a drink of whiskey.
(d) Puts a straw in the glass and sips.
5. Who does Anna say gives you a "kick when you're down"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as having choirboy looks?
2. According to Marthy, what does Chris think of Anna?
3. What did Chris tell Marthy that Anna's job was?
4. Who is Marthy?
5. What city is the bar located in?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)