|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chris asks Larry if he thinks Anna is a pretty girl, how does Larry respond?
(a) "Sure! A peach."
(b) "She's not my type."
(d) "I didn't see her."
2. What does Chris blame for his not being able to visit Anna when she was young?
(a) The sea.
(b) Couldn't get a train ticket.
(c) Too busy.
3. What was Anna's profession in the last city she lived?
4. What is the playwright's description of Anna when she first enters the bar?
(a) Short and redheaded.
(b) Tall, handsome, and run-down in health.
(c) Brown hair and vibrant.
(d) Dressed like a nurse.
5. What is the stage direction for when Anna drinks her drink at the end of Act 1?
(a) Takes one gulp and spits it out.
(b) Downs her port at a gulp like a drink of whiskey.
(c) Puts a straw in the glass and sips.
(d) Sips modestly at her drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season does the beginning of the play take place?
2. Who is described as having choirboy looks?
3. What is Chris's title?
4. How does Marthy describe Chris to Anna?
5. What does Chris order for himself when he gets Anna a glass of wine?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)