|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Chris and Anna?
(b) Second cousins.
2. In what season does the beginning of the play take place?
3. How does Anna act when Chris returns with her drink in Act 1?
(a) Says "Yum!"
(b) Hastily dries her eyes and tries to smile.
(c) Jumps up from her chair to help him.
(d) Claps her hands.
4. What happened to the other sailors in the open boat?
(a) They couldn't stand up.
(b) They didn't know how to row.
(c) They had broken arms or fingers.
(d) They were unconscious.
5. Why does Burke think that Anna is on the barge?
(a) She is the cook.
(b) She is the maid.
(c) She is a castaway.
(d) She is there as Chris's woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna feel about being out at sea in the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does Anna hope to achieve by visiting Chris?
3. What harbor was Burke's steamer headed to?
4. What nationality is Burke?
5. What does Burke say about Anna when he first sees her?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)