|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Anna tells Burke that Chris is her father, what does he call Chris?
(a) "His angel."
(b) "The old square--the old Swede, I mean."
(c) "The worst kind of father."
(d) "A good guy."
2. Who does Anna say gives you a "kick when you're down"?
3. Why does Burke say he got so strong?
(a) Lifting weights at the gym.
(b) Cutting stone out of the quarry.
(c) Lifting fishing nets out of the sea.
(d) Shoveling a million tons of coal since he was a lad.
4. How many days were the sailors in the open boat?
(a) Five days.
(b) Twenty days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) One day.
5. How old is Burke?
(c) About thirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marthy say about Chris's view of farm life?
2. What does Chris call the sea in Act 2 when he and Anna are talking in the fog?
3. Who was in the family that Anna lived with after her mother died?
4. What happened to the sailors' steamer in Act 2?
5. How does Anna describe herself when she says she feels happy being at sea in Act 2?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)