|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Burke think that Anna is on the barge?
(a) She is the maid.
(b) She is the cook.
(c) She is a castaway.
(d) She is there as Chris's woman.
2. What was Anna's profession in the last city she lived?
3. What job at sea does Burke mention as paying enough so he could afford a little house?
(a) Stokehole of a proper ship.
(b) Fixing sails.
(c) Scrubbing the deck.
(d) Polishing the tack.
4. How does Anna describe herself when she says she feels happy being at sea in Act 2?
5. What does Chris blame for his not being able to visit Anna when she was young?
(a) Too busy.
(c) Couldn't get a train ticket.
(d) The sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Anna just been released from at the beginning of the play?
2. How does Anna act when Chris returns with her drink in Act 1?
3. Who is described as having choirboy looks?
4. What does Anna think that Chris does for a living when she is talking with Marthy?
5. What does Burke describe as "quick and clane"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)