|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the sailors' steamer in Act 2?
(a) The main sail broke.
(b) It had to be towed.
(c) It ran out of coal.
(d) It was wrecked.
2. What did Chris tell Marthy that Anna's job was?
(d) Nurse girl.
3. What does Larry ask Chris when he orders a glass of wine?
(a) "When did you start drinking wine?"
(b) "Well, who's the blond?"
(c) "Let me know if you need anything else."
(d) "Is this small enough?"
4. What does Anna want to learn more about from Marthy?
(a) Her father's life.
(b) Her uncle's whereabouts.
(c) The best place to find a job.
(d) Marthy's background.
5. What does Chris tell Burke he needs to do at the end of Act 2?
(a) Act as a lookout for the night watch.
(b) Hurry and get a bunk in the sailors' quarters.
(c) Come with him to the officer's cabin.
(d) Have dinner with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris blame for his not being able to visit Anna when she was young?
2. What does Burke say men must be to wed girls like Anna?
3. What is Anna's reaction when Burke proposes?
4. What harbor was Burke's steamer headed to?
5. What is Chris's physical state when he is at the bar in the beginning of the play?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)