|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bar where Act 1 is set?
(a) The Schooner.
(b) Johnny-the-Priest's Saloon.
(c) The Longshoreman Saloon.
(d) Larry's Saloon.
2. What is the relationship between Chris and Anna?
(a) Second cousins.
3. What does Larry ask Chris when he orders a glass of wine?
(a) "Let me know if you need anything else."
(b) "When did you start drinking wine?"
(c) "Is this small enough?"
(d) "Well, who's the blond?"
4. Why does Burke think that Anna is on the barge?
(a) She is there as Chris's woman.
(b) She is the maid.
(c) She is the cook.
(d) She is a castaway.
5. What job at sea does Burke mention as paying enough so he could afford a little house?
(a) Scrubbing the deck.
(b) Fixing sails.
(c) Polishing the tack.
(d) Stokehole of a proper ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's reaction when Burke proposes?
2. When Chris asks Larry if he thinks Anna is a pretty girl, how does Larry respond?
3. What happened to the other sailors in the open boat?
4. What time does Chris say five bells is?
5. How does Anna act when Chris returns with her drink in Act 1?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)