|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Burke say to Anna "To the divil with all other reasons then. They don't matter to me at all"?
(a) At the end of Act 3.
(b) Before she kisses him.
(c) Before she reveals her past to him.
(d) After she tells him about her past.
2. What happened to the other sailors in the open boat?
(a) They didn't know how to row.
(b) They were unconscious.
(c) They couldn't stand up.
(d) They had broken arms or fingers.
3. What is Anna's reaction when Burke proposes?
(a) She asks him if he is going crazy.
(b) She politely declines.
(c) She runs away from him.
(d) She accepts him immediately.
4. What did Anna travel in to visit Chris?
(c) A dirty coach.
5. What does Chris want to leave the barge to go and get at the end of Act 3?
(a) Some air.
(b) The police.
(c) A drink.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna say to Chris when he comes on to the deck of the barge when she and Burke are talking in Act 2?
2. According to Marthy, what does Chris think of Anna?
3. How many women are in the bar when Anna arrives at the beginning of the play?
4. What is the playwright's description of Anna when she first enters the bar?
5. Where does Anna live after her mother's death?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)