|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna say to Chris when he comes on to the deck of the barge when she and Burke are talking in Act 2?
(a) She acts jealous of his attention to Burke.
(b) She resents his bullying tone.
(c) She is friendly.
(d) She invites him to join them.
2. What does Chris first suggest Anna should order when she says she is thirsty in the bar?
(b) Root beer.
(d) Vitamin Water.
3. What expression does Anna have in her eyes as she looks at Burke when he is rushing toward her in Act 3?
(d) Fearlessness of despair.
4. What is Anna's reaction when Burke proposes?
(a) She politely declines.
(b) She runs away from him.
(c) She asks him if he is going crazy.
(d) She accepts him immediately.
5. According to Marthy, what does Chris think of Anna?
(a) Wishes she weren't coming.
(b) Thinks the world of her.
(c) Is skeptical about seeing her.
(d) Thinks she is probably alright.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last character on stage at the end of Act 3?
2. Where did Burke's picture appear in Boston?
3. What does Anna tell Burke and Chris that stuns both men in Act 3?
4. What happened to the other sailors in the open boat?
5. What reason does Chris give for never marrying again?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)