|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Burke wearing at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Sailor outfit.
(b) Swimming trunks.
(c) Cheap blue suit.
2. What is the playwright's description of Anna when she first enters the bar?
(a) Short and redheaded.
(b) Brown hair and vibrant.
(c) Dressed like a nurse.
(d) Tall, handsome, and run-down in health.
3. Where does Anna help Burke move to at the end of Act 2?
(a) The captain's quarters.
(b) Down below.
(c) Johnson's bunk.
(d) To the cabin.
4. What happened to the other sailors in the open boat?
(a) They didn't know how to row.
(b) They had broken arms or fingers.
(c) They were unconscious.
(d) They couldn't stand up.
5. What does Larry suggest that Chris do after he arrives at the bar?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Drink some water.
(c) Go round the corner for some beef stew.
(d) Have another drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Burke think that Anna is on the barge?
2. What harbor was Burke's steamer headed to?
3. How does Marthy describe Chris to Anna?
4. What is Chris's physical state when he is at the bar in the beginning of the play?
5. What is the setting at the opening of Act 3?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)