|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris blame for his not being able to visit Anna when she was young?
(a) Too busy.
(b) Couldn't get a train ticket.
(d) The sea.
2. When Chris returns to the bar, what does Marthy do?
(a) Brings Anna over to meet Chris.
(b) Calls Chris over to the table.
(c) Jumps up and runs out the door.
(d) Tells Chris Anna is waiting for him and then leaves.
3. Why does Anna push Chris out of the way in Act 3?
(a) She saw Burke was trying to hurt him.
(b) She doesn't want him interfering.
(c) She is trying to save him.
(d) She is afraid for him.
4. Who do all the women in Chris's family marry?
5. What does Anna want to learn more about from Marthy?
(a) The best place to find a job.
(b) Her uncle's whereabouts.
(c) Marthy's background.
(d) Her father's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the stage direction for when Anna drinks her drink at the end of Act 1?
2. What does Burke say he would rather be to Anna than anything else in the world?
3. What harbor was Burke's steamer headed to?
4. Who does Anna say gives you a "kick when you're down"?
5. What kind of job does Anna tell Burke she has?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)