|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Burke is boasting about his strength and courage in Act 2, what does Anna say to him?
(a) "The ocean must have been pretty."
(b) "You were so busy."
(c) "Gee, you hate yourself, don't you?"
(d) "You had enough time to yourself."
2. What job at sea does Burke mention as paying enough so he could afford a little house?
(a) Fixing sails.
(b) Polishing the tack.
(c) Scrubbing the deck.
(d) Stokehole of a proper ship.
3. What does Burke say he would give up if he found a girl to marry him?
(a) His long hair.
(b) Drinking and roving about.
(c) Smoking a pipe.
(d) Wearing boots in the house.
4. At the end of Act 3, who does Chris blame for having to learn about Anna's past?
(b) The fog.
(c) Anna's mother.
(d) The sea and its dirty tricks.
5. What does Chris say will help Anna get strong and healthy?
(a) Traveling to the Bahamas.
(b) Spending some time on the barge at sea.
(c) Going to a resort.
(d) Getting a massage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna tell Burke has changed her in Act 3?
2. What is the weather in Act 3?
3. Who is Marthy?
4. When does Burke say to Anna "To the divil with all other reasons then. They don't matter to me at all"?
5. What did Chris tell Marthy that Anna's job was?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)