|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna say to Chris when he comes on to the deck of the barge when she and Burke are talking in Act 2?
(a) She acts jealous of his attention to Burke.
(b) She resents his bullying tone.
(c) She invites him to join them.
(d) She is friendly.
2. Where do Anna and her mother move to?
(c) South Dakota.
3. What does Larry suggest that Chris do after he arrives at the bar?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Have another drink.
(c) Drink some water.
(d) Go round the corner for some beef stew.
4. What does Anna do at the beginning of the play when Chris leaves the room and goes to order the wine?
(a) Sits back and relaxes.
(b) Looks in a mirror and brushes her hair.
(c) Writes a quick letter.
(d) Picks up her bag and thinks about leaving.
5. What explanation does Burke give for why he and Chris were fighting?
(a) The best name for the barge.
(d) They were arguing about Anna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Anna just been released from at the beginning of the play?
2. When Chris returns to the bar, what does Marthy do?
3. What is Chris's physical state when he is at the bar in the beginning of the play?
4. What expression does Anna have in her eyes as she looks at Burke when he is rushing toward her in Act 3?
5. What does Chris ask Anna to get from the cabin in Act 2?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)