|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna holding but not reading while sitting in the rocking chair in the cabin?
2. What gesture does Chris make at the sea at the end of Act 2?
(a) Bows to it reverentially.
(b) Stands before it with open arms.
(c) Shakes his fist at it with bitter hatred.
(d) Claps his hands with joy.
3. What harbor was Burke's steamer headed to?
4. Who does Anna say gives you a "kick when you're down"?
5. What does Chris ask Anna to get from the cabin in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the stage direction for when Anna drinks her drink at the end of Act 1?
2. What does Anna do at the beginning of the play when Chris leaves the room and goes to order the wine?
3. What does Anna tell Burke and Chris that stuns both men in Act 3?
4. What is Burke's reaction to Anna's strength?
5. What noise does Chris make as he wrings his hands together and begins to weep in Act 3?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)