|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burke tell Anna that she has done to him after she tells him about her past?
(a) He feels happy.
(b) He can no longer pray.
(c) That she has destroyed him.
(d) She has made him sad.
2. What does Anna pound her fists on at the end of Act 3?
3. What does Burke say he would give up if he found a girl to marry him?
(a) His long hair.
(b) Drinking and roving about.
(c) Smoking a pipe.
(d) Wearing boots in the house.
4. Why does Burke think that Anna is on the barge?
(a) She is a castaway.
(b) She is the maid.
(c) She is the cook.
(d) She is there as Chris's woman.
5. What did the veins in Burke's forearms look like when he first comes on board the barge?
(a) Blue cords.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anna live after her mother's death?
2. What is Mat Burke wearing when Anna first sees him?
3. Who is Marthy?
4. What does Marthy say about Chris's view of farm life?
5. What happened to the sailors' steamer in Act 2?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)