|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, on what is the pig's new school of thought based?
(a) Old Major's teachings.
(b) Moses' teachings.
(c) Their own thoughts.
(d) Napolean's teachings.
2. How do the animals feel about the pigs takes specific items all for themselves?
(a) They do not think it is okay and do not want Mr. Jones.
(b) They do not think it is okay and would rather have Mr. Jones.
(c) They think it is okay but miss Mr. Jones.
(d) They think it is okay if it keeps Mr. Jones away.
3. By when do most of the animals become somewhat literate?
(a) By spring.
(b) By summer.
(c) By fall.
(d) By winter.
4. What does Old Major insist in Chapter 1 that animals will no longer need to do?
(a) Live on a farm.
(b) Eat hay and grains.
(c) Support mankind.
(d) Work constantly.
5. What does Mr. Jones do when he hears the animals making a lot of noise in Chapter 1?
(a) Fires a shot in the air.
(b) He sleeps through the noise.
(c) Shoots the animals.
(d) Runs outside and scares the animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a horse?
2. Which animal holds education sessions for the other animals?
3. What does the Napoleon do after Snowball tries to persuade the animals to build his idea for a power source?
4. Where does Animal Farm begin?
5. Who attacks Mr. Jones in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is left totally in charge of the farm at the end of Chapter 5?
2. How do the other animals feel about Old Major?
3. What do the local farmers do regarding the Animal Farm in Chapter 4?
4. To Old Major, who is the only creature who consumes without producing?
5. Who emerges as the true leader of the farm by Chapter 4?
6. At the end of the Chapter 4, what does Snowball call on the animals on the farm to be ready to do?
7. What happened to the missing milk in Chapter 3?
8. What does Old Major says is the result of being enslaved by mankind?
9. What in Chapter 4 could be considered as increasing the tension between Napoleon and Snowball?
10. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)