|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After something happens to Old Major in Chapter 2, what do the rest of the animals prepare for?
(b) A new farmer.
(d) Moving to a new barnyard.
2. Which animal disappears from the farm in Chapter 5?
3. What do other animals on other farms begin to do by Chapter 4?
(a) Run away to the Animal Farm.
(b) Hold protests.
(c) Subtly disobey their masters.
(d) Fight with each other.
4. Which animal does not take part in the revolution talk around the farm?
5. Why does work have to stop in the fields in January?
(a) Too many meetings to have time to tend to the fields.
(b) No one will work in the fields.
(c) The weather.
(d) The animals disagree on how to tend the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the pigeons report the lost animal in Chapter 5 to be?
2. Which animal starts to shirk the load of the work assigned to them?
3. How do animals in other places show their support of Animal Farm?
4. In Chapter 2, on what is the pig's new school of thought based?
5. Who has prepared for an attack in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the other animals feel about Old Major?
2. Why does Old Major feel it is important to give his speech that night in Chapter 1?
3. What does Old Major says is the result of being enslaved by mankind?
4. What do you think happened to Mollie?
5. At the end of the Chapter 4, what does Snowball call on the animals on the farm to be ready to do?
6. What does Snowball proclaim is the only good human?
7. Why didn't the pigs do any work in Chapter 3?
8. What talents does Squealer display which will be useful during the revolution?
9. Who emerges as the true leader of the farm by Chapter 4?
10. What does Old Major want to do with the content of his speech?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)