|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many puppies do the farm dogs have?
2. What does Clover discover in Molly's stall in Chapter 5?
(a) Hay and lump sugar.
(b) Lump sugar and ribbon.
(c) Lump sugar.
3. What do the pigs take all of for themselves?
(a) Milk and apples.
(b) Fruit and hay.
4. What kind of story does the author call Animal Farm?
(a) Tall Tale.
(b) Fairy Story.
(c) Tale Story.
(d) Fairy Tale.
5. Of what does Moses speak, which distracts the animals?
(a) Sugary Mountain.
(b) Sugarcandy Mountain.
(c) Sweet Candy Mountain.
(d) Sugarcandy Land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Major insist in Chapter 1 that animals will no longer need to do?
2. Who convinces the animals on the farm that the power source for the farm was Napoleon's idea all along?
3. How do the animals feel about the pigs takes specific items all for themselves?
4. What do the pigs do to the cows in Chapter 2?
5. Which of the following is not how Old Major describes the life of an animal in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
2. What does Old Major want to do with the content of his speech?
3. How do the other animals feel about Old Major?
4. Why does Old Major feel it is important to give his speech that night in Chapter 1?
5. How do the animals react to Animalism after they have the greatest harvest ever?
6. Why do you think the animals dislike alcohol?
7. What do you think happened to Mollie?
8. In Chapter 3, what is the reward of the hard work completed by the animals?
9. At the end of the Chapter 4, what does Snowball call on the animals on the farm to be ready to do?
10. What happens to the rest of the animals after Old Major's speech?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)