|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not how Old Major describes the life of an animal in Chapter 1?
2. Which animals are very brave during the battle in Chapter 4?
(a) Boxer and Snowball.
(b) Snowball and Napoleon.
(c) Boxer and Squealer.
(d) Boxer and Napoleon.
3. What do other animals on other farms begin to do by Chapter 4?
(a) Fight with each other.
(b) Hold protests.
(c) Run away to the Animal Farm.
(d) Subtly disobey their masters.
4. Who disagrees with Snowball's idea of how to create power on the farm?
5. What happens to Old Major during his sleep three days after Chapter 1?
(a) He has a dream.
(b) He gives a speech.
(c) He sees into the future.
(d) He dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the farm where this story begins?
2. Who convinces the animals on the farm that the power source for the farm was Napoleon's idea all along?
3. What does the Napoleon do after Snowball tries to persuade the animals to build his idea for a power source?
4. Who does Clover see Mollie speaking too in Chapter 5?
5. How do the three pigs spread the message of Animalism in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. From where do the nine dogs who drive snowball from the farm come?
2. What does Snowball proclaim is the only good human?
3. How do the animals react to Animalism after they have the greatest harvest ever?
4. What does Old Major says is the result of being enslaved by mankind?
5. How do the other animals feel about Old Major?
6. Why do the farm animals continue to believe in Old Major's message?
7. What is the goal of the farmers in Chapter 4?
8. To Old Major, who is the only creature who consumes without producing?
9. Which animal is favored by Mr. Jones over all of the other animals?
10. What do the animals do on Sundays, according to Chapter 3?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)