|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the animals change the sign which says "Manor Farm" to say?
(a) Manor Animals.
(b) Animal Farm.
(c) Farm Animals.
(d) Animal Manor.
2. Where do the pigeons report the lost animal in Chapter 5 to be?
(a) With Mr. Jones.
(b) Dead on the neighboring farm.
(c) With Boxer.
(d) In the care of a human.
3. Which animal holds education sessions for the other animals?
4. Which of the following animals is large, fierce and used to getting his own way?
5. What does Old Major insist in Chapter 1 that animals will no longer need to do?
(a) Live on a farm.
(b) Eat hay and grains.
(c) Work constantly.
(d) Support mankind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mr. Jones feed the animals for more than a day?
2. Who are people/animals gathering to hear speak in Chapter 1?
3. Which revolution does Animal Farm parallel?
4. Of what does Moses speak, which distracts the animals?
5. How many humans are killed in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the other animals feel about Old Major?
2. What happens between Napoleon and Snowball in Chapter 5?
3. What in Chapter 4 could be considered as increasing the tension between Napoleon and Snowball?
4. Why does Old Major feel it is important to give his speech that night in Chapter 1?
5. Why do you think the animals dislike alcohol?
6. What do the animals do on Sundays, according to Chapter 3?
7. What happens to animals who are unable to learn the Seven Commandments?
8. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
9. Why didn't the pigs do any work in Chapter 3?
10. At the end of the Chapter 4, what does Snowball call on the animals on the farm to be ready to do?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)