|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the animals celebrate the fact that no humans remain on the farm?
(a) Eating all the food.
(b) Turning Mr. and Mrs. Jones into slave labor.
(c) An extra ration of food.
(d) Taking over the farmhouse.
2. What do Mr. Jones and the other farmers do in Chapter 4?
(a) Start a new farm.
(b) Take over the farms around the country.
(c) Attack Animal Farm.
(d) Negotiate with the pigs.
3. Which animal wakes up earlier than the others and works through any breaks?
4. How do the animals finally get food after Mr. Jones doesn't feed them for more than a day?
(a) They beg Mr. Jones to feed them.
(b) They leave the barnyard to search for food.
(c) They steal food from other farms.
(d) They break through the storage shed.
5. What does Napoleon do to Snowball's paper plans for creating power on the farm?
(a) Supports them.
(b) Ignores them.
(c) Urinates on them.
(d) Tears them up.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what season does word spread of the Animal Farm across the country?
2. Who tries to convince the animals of many different lies in Chapter 5?
3. Which animal disappears from the farm in Chapter 5?
4. What does Old Major insist in Chapter 1 that animals will no longer need to do?
5. Who figures out how to use Mr. Jones' equipment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the pigs invite the neighboring farmers over in Chapter 10?
2. Why do you think Napoleon forces some of the animals to confess to treasonous acts?
3. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
4. What happens between Napoleon and Snowball in Chapter 5?
5. What may happen to many of the animals on the farm in the winter if Napoleon does not find something to trade?
6. How many of the original Seven Commandments were broken throughout the novel?
7. What do the local farmers do regarding the Animal Farm in Chapter 4?
8. What do the animals continue to feel proud about in Chapter 10?
9. How do the other animals feel about Old Major?
10. What does Napoleon declare Animal Farm to be in Chapter 9?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)