|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the dogs drive the animal from the farm, what does Napoleon no longer deem necessary?
(a) Work on the farm.
(b) Sunday morning meetings.
(c) The windmill.
(d) Humans on the farm.
2. In Chapter 1, Old Major implores the animals for what?
(a) An army.
(b) A new barnyard.
(c) Write a song .
(d) Perfect unity.
3. Who does Clover see Mollie speaking too in Chapter 5?
(c) A neighboring farmer.
(d) Mr. Jones.
4. By when do most of the animals become somewhat literate?
(a) By spring.
(b) By fall.
(c) By winter.
(d) By summer.
5. Who owns the farm where this story begins?
(b) Mr. Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal disappears from the farm in Chapter 5?
2. Which of the following is not a pig on the farm?
3. Who takes the puppies?
4. Why do the pigs say they need the item(s) they take all for themselves?
5. What happens to Old Major during his sleep three days after Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Old Major says is the result of being enslaved by mankind?
2. How do the other animals feel about Old Major?
3. What happens to the rest of the animals after Old Major's speech?
4. From where do the nine dogs who drive snowball from the farm come?
5. What do you think happened to Mollie?
6. By Chapter 10, what has happened to many of the animals who remember life before there was a revolution?
7. What is one thing Squealer invents to keep the animals busy and content?
8. Why does Old Major feel it is important to give his speech that night in Chapter 1?
9. What happens between Napoleon and Snowball in Chapter 5?
10. To Old Major, who is the only creature who consumes without producing?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)