|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal can best be described as cynical?
2. Where does Animal Farm begin?
(a) In Russia.
(b) On a farm.
(c) On a plantation.
(d) In the Army.
3. After something happens to Old Major in Chapter 2, what do the rest of the animals prepare for?
(a) A new farmer.
(c) Moving to a new barnyard.
4. How do the animals feel about the pigs takes specific items all for themselves?
(a) They think it is okay if it keeps Mr. Jones away.
(b) They do not think it is okay and would rather have Mr. Jones.
(c) They think it is okay but miss Mr. Jones.
(d) They do not think it is okay and do not want Mr. Jones.
5. What happens to the puppies?
(a) Their parents educate them in the Seven Commandments.
(b) They run away from the farm.
(c) They are kept with their parents until they learn the Seven Commandments.
(d) They are taken after they are weaned to be educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does work have to stop in the fields in January?
2. Which revolution does Animal Farm parallel?
3. Which two pigs disagree on almost every point at the meetings?
4. Who attacks the animals in Chapter 2?
5. How do the animals celebrate the fact that no humans remain on the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the Chapter 4, what does Snowball call on the animals on the farm to be ready to do?
2. To Old Major, who is the only creature who consumes without producing?
3. What does Old Major says is the result of being enslaved by mankind?
4. What does Mollie deny to Clover?
5. Who begins to organize the revolution in Chapter 2?
6. What happens to animals who are unable to learn the Seven Commandments?
7. Why didn't the pigs do any work in Chapter 3?
8. What do the local farmers do regarding the Animal Farm in Chapter 4?
9. What is the goal of the farmers in Chapter 4?
10. Why does Old Major feel it is important to give his speech that night in Chapter 1?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)