|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two pigs disagree on almost every point at the meetings?
(a) Squealer and Benjamin.
(b) Squealer and Snowball.
(c) Napoleon and Squealer.
(d) Napoleon and Snowball.
2. How do animals in other places show their support of Animal Farm?
(a) By singing.
(b) By holding protests.
(c) By helping the animals on the farm.
(d) By holding flag raising ceremonies.
3. Who tries to convince the animals of many different lies in Chapter 5?
4. Which of the following animals is white?
5. Who attacks the animals in Chapter 2?
(a) The farm hands alone.
(b) Mr. Jones alone.
(c) The animals attacked each other.
(d) Mr. Jones and the farm hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animals are very brave during the battle in Chapter 4?
2. Who has prepared for an attack in Chapter 4?
3. How many puppies do the farm dogs have?
4. Which of the following animals is large, fierce and used to getting his own way?
5. What does Mr. Jones do during the battle in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Napoleon arrange upon the completion of the windmill in Chapter 8?
2. Why do the farm animals continue to believe in Old Major's message?
3. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
4. Why does Old Major feel it is important to give his speech that night in Chapter 1?
5. What about trading with Mr. Whymper is a source of pride for the animals on the farm?
6. To Old Major, who is the only creature who consumes without producing?
7. What does Old Major want to do with the content of his speech?
8. Who emerges as the true leader of the farm by Chapter 4?
9. How do the other animals feel about Old Major?
10. What may happen to many of the animals on the farm in the winter if Napoleon does not find something to trade?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)