|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who completes the hard work of the harvest?
(a) All of the animals except the cows.
(b) The pigs only.
(c) All of the animals except the pigs.
(d) All of the animals.
2. What kind of story does the author call Animal Farm?
(a) Fairy Tale.
(b) Tall Tale.
(c) Tale Story.
(d) Fairy Story.
3. Who figures out how to use Mr. Jones' equipment?
(a) The raven.
(b) The cows.
(c) The pigs.
(d) The horses.
4. Which animal is not mentioned in Chapter 4 at all?
5. How many commandments of Animalism do Napolean and Snowball teach the other animals?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the animals finally get food after Mr. Jones doesn't feed them for more than a day?
2. Which of the following is not a horse?
3. What happens to the puppies?
4. How do animals in other places show their support of Animal Farm?
5. Whose strength do the animals rely on during the harvest?
Short Essay Questions
1. From where do the nine dogs who drive snowball from the farm come?
2. How do the animals react to Animalism after they have the greatest harvest ever?
3. What does Mollie deny to Clover?
4. What talents does Squealer display which will be useful during the revolution?
5. What is the goal of the farmers in Chapter 4?
6. At the end of the Chapter 4, what does Snowball call on the animals on the farm to be ready to do?
7. Why do the farm animals continue to believe in Old Major's message?
8. What does Snowball proclaim is the only good human?
9. Why does Old Major feel it is important to give his speech that night in Chapter 1?
10. What do the animals do on Sundays, according to Chapter 3?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)