|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school of thought have the three pigs created?
(d) Pig Nation.
2. Where does Animal Farm begin?
(a) On a farm.
(b) On a plantation.
(c) In the Army.
(d) In Russia.
3. Which animal holds education sessions for the other animals?
4. What does Napoleon do to Snowball's paper plans for creating power on the farm?
(a) Urinates on them.
(b) Tears them up.
(c) Ignores them.
(d) Supports them.
5. In Chapter 1, Old Major implores the animals for what?
(a) Perfect unity.
(b) A new barnyard.
(c) Write a song .
(d) An army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal can best be described as cynical?
2. Which of the following animals is white?
3. Who are people/animals gathering to hear speak in Chapter 1?
4. What does Mr. Jones do when he hears the animals making a lot of noise in Chapter 1?
5. In what state does Mr. Jones head to bed at the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. From where do the nine dogs who drive snowball from the farm come?
2. Who emerges as the true leader of the farm by Chapter 4?
3. What happened to the missing milk in Chapter 3?
4. What does Mollie deny to Clover?
5. What happens to animals who are unable to learn the Seven Commandments?
6. What do the animals do on Sundays, according to Chapter 3?
7. What does Snowball proclaim is the only good human?
8. What is the goal of the farmers in Chapter 4?
9. How do the animals react to Animalism after they have the greatest harvest ever?
10. What does Old Major says is the result of being enslaved by mankind?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)