Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to convince the animals of many different lies in Chapter 5?
2. Which animal wakes up earlier than the others and works through any breaks?
3. Why does work have to stop in the fields in January?
(a) No one will work in the fields.
(b) The weather.
(c) The animals disagree on how to tend the fields.
(d) Too many meetings to have time to tend to the fields.
4. In Chapter 1, Old Major implores the animals for what?
(a) An army.
(b) Write a song .
(c) A new barnyard.
(d) Perfect unity.
5. Who takes the puppies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Old Major describe as the only true enemy of an animal?
2. Which animals are very brave during the battle in Chapter 4?
3. How many dogs does Napoleon's summon in Chapter 5?
4. Which animal holds education sessions for the other animals?
5. What does Mr. Jones do when he hears the animals making a lot of noise in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clover encourage Boxer to do?
2. What does Mollie deny to Clover?
3. What does the only Commandment left at the end of the novel state?
4. What do the local farmers do regarding the Animal Farm in Chapter 4?
5. What is the reason that Squealer says it is important the animals sleep in the farmhouse?
6. Why do the farm animals continue to believe in Old Major's message?
7. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
8. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
9. On Sundays, what announcement does Squealer make?
10. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)