|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal disappears whenever work needs to be done?
2. Who attacks the animals in Chapter 2?
(a) The farm hands alone.
(b) Mr. Jones alone.
(c) The animals attacked each other.
(d) Mr. Jones and the farm hands.
3. Of what does Moses speak, which distracts the animals?
(a) Sugarcandy Land.
(b) Sugarcandy Mountain.
(c) Sweet Candy Mountain.
(d) Sugary Mountain.
4. Which animal starts to shirk the load of the work assigned to them?
5. Why doesn't Mr. Jones feed the animals for more than a day?
(a) He has no money to buy food.
(b) He has to go out of town.
(c) He simply forgets.
(d) He is too drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the pigs say they need the item(s) they take all for themselves?
2. How many dogs does Napoleon's summon in Chapter 5?
3. Why does work have to stop in the fields in January?
4. What happens to Old Major during his sleep three days after Chapter 1?
5. How many animals are killed by Mr. Jones in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the moral begin to slide at the Animal Farm in Chapter 7?
2. At the end of the Chapter 4, what does Snowball call on the animals on the farm to be ready to do?
3. What happened to the missing milk in Chapter 3?
4. Why didn't the pigs do any work in Chapter 3?
5. By Chapter 6, what types of materials do the animals begin to not have enough of to sustain the farm?
6. What prevents Boxer from following Clover's advice in Chapter 9?
7. What happens to Napoleon in Chapter 8?
8. To Old Major, who is the only creature who consumes without producing?
9. Why do you think the animals dislike alcohol?
10. By Chapter 10, what has happened to many of the animals who remember life before there was a revolution?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)