|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which day do the animals not work?
2. What does Mr. Jones do when he hears the animals making a lot of noise in Chapter 1?
(a) Fires a shot in the air.
(b) Shoots the animals.
(c) He sleeps through the noise.
(d) Runs outside and scares the animals.
3. Which animals initially protest Napoleon's orders, but then are quickly silenced by the growling dogs?
(a) Napoleon and Squealer.
(b) Mollie and Clover.
(c) The horses.
(d) Four pigs.
4. How long after the dogs drove a specific animal from the farm does Napoleon order a power source for the farm to be built?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
5. What does Clover discover in Molly's stall in Chapter 5?
(b) Lump sugar and ribbon.
(c) Hay and lump sugar.
(d) Lump sugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animals are considered the most intelligent on the farm?
2. Who takes the puppies?
3. How do animals in other places show their support of Animal Farm?
4. Who acts as a spy for Mr. Jones?
5. Which of the following animals is large, fierce and used to getting his own way?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the Chapter 4, what does Snowball call on the animals on the farm to be ready to do?
2. What happened to the missing milk in Chapter 3?
3. How do the animals react to Animalism after they have the greatest harvest ever?
4. Which animal is favored by Mr. Jones over all of the other animals?
5. What do you think happened to Mollie?
6. What does Old Major says is the result of being enslaved by mankind?
7. To Old Major, who is the only creature who consumes without producing?
8. What do the animals do on Sundays, according to Chapter 3?
9. What does Old Major want to do with the content of his speech?
10. What does Snowball proclaim is the only good human?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)