|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clover discover in Molly's stall in Chapter 5?
(b) Hay and lump sugar.
(c) Lump sugar and ribbon.
(d) Lump sugar.
2. What are Snowball and Boxer given after the battle in Chapter 4?
(a) A medal.
(b) A song.
(c) A plaque.
(d) A flag.
3. Who owns the farm where this story begins?
(d) Mr. Jones.
4. How many puppies do the farm dogs have?
5. Which animal is driven from the farm by the dogs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animals are very brave during the battle in Chapter 4?
2. Who convinces the animals on the farm that the power source for the farm was Napoleon's idea all along?
3. What type of animal is Old Major?
4. On whose battle plans is the protection battle strategy based?
5. What do all of the animals do after Mr. Jones reacts to their noise in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the goal of the farmers in Chapter 4?
2. What talents does Squealer display which will be useful during the revolution?
3. What in Chapter 4 could be considered as increasing the tension between Napoleon and Snowball?
4. In Chapter 3, what is the reward of the hard work completed by the animals?
5. Why do the farm animals continue to believe in Old Major's message?
6. What happens to the rest of the animals after Old Major's speech?
7. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
8. What does Mollie deny to Clover?
9. How do the other animals feel about Old Major?
10. To Old Major, who is the only creature who consumes without producing?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)