|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Clover see Mollie speaking too in Chapter 5?
(a) A neighboring farmer.
(d) Mr. Jones.
2. Which animal is not mentioned in Chapter 4 at all?
3. How do animals in other places show their support of Animal Farm?
(a) By holding protests.
(b) By holding flag raising ceremonies.
(c) By helping the animals on the farm.
(d) By singing.
4. Which of the following is not a horse?
5. What do all of the animals do after Mr. Jones reacts to their noise in Chapter 1?
(a) Go into the farmhouse.
(b) Rush around the barnyard.
(c) Go to their beds to sleep.
(d) Leave the barnyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many animals are killed by Mr. Jones in Chapter 4?
2. Who are people/animals gathering to hear speak in Chapter 1?
3. Which of the following is not a pig on the farm?
4. What does the Napoleon do after Snowball tries to persuade the animals to build his idea for a power source?
5. Why do the pigs say they need the item(s) they take all for themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Old Major want to do with the content of his speech?
2. How do the other animals feel about Old Major?
3. In Chapter 3, what is the reward of the hard work completed by the animals?
4. What is the goal of the farmers in Chapter 4?
5. What does Mollie deny to Clover?
6. What happened to the missing milk in Chapter 3?
7. What do the arguments between Napoleon and Snowball cause?
8. What in Chapter 4 could be considered as increasing the tension between Napoleon and Snowball?
9. What happens between Napoleon and Snowball in Chapter 5?
10. What do the local farmers do regarding the Animal Farm in Chapter 4?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)