Short Essay Questions
1. How do the other animals feel about Old Major?
2. Why does Old Major feel it is important to give his speech that night in Chapter 1?
3. What does Old Major want to do with the content of his speech?
4. What does Old Major says is the result of being enslaved by mankind?
5. To Old Major, who is the only creature who consumes without producing?
6. What happens to the rest of the animals after Old Major's speech?
7. Why do the farm animals continue to believe in Old Major's message?
8. Who begins to organize the revolution in Chapter 2?
9. What talents does Squealer display which will be useful during the revolution?
10. Which animal is favored by Mr. Jones over all of the other animals?
11. What are the Seven Commandments on which Animalism is based?
12. Why do you think the animals dislike alcohol?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)