|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women of the Stitch and Bitch Club make to raise money for their campaign against the mining company?
2. Where has the kidnapped person been taken?
3. Why does Codi begin to cry in the car with Loyd in Chapter 24?
4. What does Codi realize as her plane is landing?
5. Who was caring for Codi and Hallie on the day their mother was taken away in the helicopter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore what the author's attitude toward death and the afterlife might be, based on the experiences and myths presented in "Animal Dreams." Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Loyd and Carlo. What are the major differences between the two? What characteristics does Loyd have that make him a better match for Codi than Carlo? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
El Dia de los Muertos is an important holiday in Grace and a recurring event in the novel. Explore the significance of this holiday as it relates to Codi and her search for her identity. Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)