|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Codi feel about her realization in Chapter 17?
(a) She feels powerless to change her situation.
(b) She has an epiphany and knows exactly what to do.
(c) She could alter her situation, but it would be too much trouble.
(d) She wants to dump everything and start over somewhere new.
2. What is included with each piece of artwork sold during the second trip to Tucson?
(a) A water sample from the river.
(b) A bit of rock from the mine.
(c) A small jar of preserves from the fruit of the orchard trees.
(d) A slip of paper, detailing the sad story of Grace.
3. What birth circumstance is considered bad luck in the Pueblo?
(a) A breach birth.
(b) An only child.
(d) A Caesarean section.
4. A letter from Hallie asks Codi to do what?
(a) Take care of their father.
(b) Give her best regards to everyone in Grace.
(c) Find out the truth about their family.
(d) Watch the news and inform Hallie of what is happening.
5. Where does Viola take Codi?
(a) To Nicaragua to see Hallie's grave.
(b) To Illinois.
(c) To the graveyard where her grandmother is buried.
(d) To the site where the helicopter took her mother away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Homer take pictures of all the babies in Grace?
2. According to Codi, what distinguishes happy people from sad people?
3. How does Loyd feel about the loss of Codi's baby?
4. Where does Codi want her father to take her in Chapter 23?
5. Who votes Codi teacher of the year?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)