|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Homer Noline decides to forbid an activity for Codi and Hallie because there are "too many" what?
(a) Other children.
2. Why does Codi's father feel remorseful in his Chapter 10 flashback?
(a) Being angry with Codi.
(b) Leaving his daughters when they were young.
(c) The loss of his wife.
(d) Not helping Codi more.
3. Codi's father came to Grace from what state?
(d) New Mexico.
4. How old was the baby's father at the time of Codi's miscarriage?
(a) A senior in high school.
(b) A freshman in high school.
(c) A senior in college.
(d) A sophomore in college.
5. Homer Noline's family were the offspring of which of the Gracela sisters?
(a) The blonde one.
(b) The red-haired one.
(c) The auburn-haired one.
(d) The brunette one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the Black Mountain mine been poisoning the river with sulfuric acid?
2. Hallie is working with farmers who are being destroyed by what group?
3. The orchards are full of what birds?
4. What relation is Viola Domingos to Emelina?
5. How old is Codi in the flashback in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hallie's funeral.
2. What does Hallie tell Codi in her last letter?
3. Why does Loyd drive Codi to Tucson in Chapter 24?
4. Whom did Codi tell about the incident that occurred when she was 15?
5. What does the Stitch and Bitch Club do to raise money to fight the mining company?
6. In Homer's flashback, in Chapter 3, why are Codi and Hallie stuck in an arroyo?
7. What decision does Homer make while watching Codi and Hallie sleep?
8. Why has Hallie left Tucson?
9. Where did the peacocks in the orchards come from?
10. What myth of the Pueblos does Loyd tell Codi?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)