|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the narrator living in Chapter 2?
2. The results of genetic inbreeding in Grace are most apparent in what feature of the townsfolk?
(a) Their height.
(b) Their skin tone.
(c) Their eyecolor.
(d) Their hair color.
3. Where does Emelina's husband work?
(a) At the lumber mill.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) In the mine.
(d) On the railroad.
4. Who tells Codi where her family is really from?
(a) Dosa Althea.
5. When Codi and Hallie get home after the storm, what do they want to know?
(a) Why they could not stay in the arroyo.
(b) Where their mother is.
(c) Why their father brought them back.
(d) If animals go to heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Homer Noline's family were the offspring of which of the Gracela sisters?
2. What will Codi do for work for the next year?
3. Hallie is working with farmers who are being destroyed by what group?
4. What are Codi and Hallie trying to do during the storm in Chapter 3?
5. Where did the narrator and her lover meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Codi confronts her father about the tombstone with her family name on it?
2. What is the subject of Homer's memory in Chapter 10?
3. Describe Codi's first day teaching at the school.
4. How does Codi become a small-town heroine in Chapter 11?
5. What is Codi doing at the beginning of Chapter 28?
6. What happens when Codi and Loyd go to the cockfight?
7. Why did Codi quit practicing medicine?
8. What does Codi tell the Stitch and Bitch Club when invited to speak to it about the plight of the river?
9. How is contact re-established between Codi and Loyd in Chapter 7?
10. How does Codi feel about her father's diagnosis of Alzheimer's?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)