|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who votes Codi teacher of the year?
(a) Just the students.
(b) Just the teachers.
(c) The students and teachers.
(d) The students' parents.
2. Who is in charge of Christmas dinner?
(d) Loyd's mother.
3. What is the name of Loyd's brother?
4. What is Loyd designated to do at the cockfight?
(a) Get the birds angry and ready to fight.
(b) Dispose of the losing bird.
(c) Collect money from those who placed bets.
(d) Sew up the cock that is injured but still alive.
5. Hallie's funeral is held under what kind of trees?
6. Where does much of the celebrating take place on Christmas?
(a) In homes.
(b) The plaza.
(c) The local church.
(d) In rented party halls.
7. Who tells Codi the myth of the badger?
(c) Dosa Althea.
8. Hallie's letters tell of illness and death in Nicaragua caused by what?
9. Why does Codi stop going to her father's house in Chapter 22?
(a) They are incapable of comforting one another.
(b) Her father has moved too far from Grace for her to visit him.
(c) Her father has died.
(d) He does not recognize Codi any more.
10. How did Loyd's brother die?
(a) He had a congenital illness.
(b) He was killed in a railroad accident.
(c) He contracted black lung from working in the mines.
(d) He was stabbed during a bar fight.
11. With whom does Codi argue about leaving Grace at the end of the year?
12. What does Codi realize as a result of the way Loyd's family treats her?
(a) She occasionally does seem snobbish, without meaning to.
(b) She will always be a loner; no one will ever truly accept her.
(c) She has never felt such a sense of belonging.
(d) Nothing; they treat her the way her own family would.
13. Whom does Codi confront about the tombstone she has found?
(a) Her father.
14. What language is the caller speaking?
15. Why did Homer take pictures of all the babies in Grace?
(a) He was entering the photos in a photography contest.
(b) For a genetics study.
(c) To identify them in case of a kidnapping.
(d) He was a professional photographer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Codi something similar to what she is wearing in Chapter 15?
2. Where do Codi and Loyd go in Chapter 27?
3. Who has been funding the Contras?
4. What do the women do to obtain publicity for Hallie's rescue?
5. What does Codi realize as her plane is landing?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)