|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did not permit Codi to wear the item that was given to her?
(a) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
2. What does the trip to Tucson in Chapter 17 make Codi realize?
(a) She wishes she had not moved to Grace.
(b) She is still in love with Carlos.
(c) Her life seems aimless.
(d) She is still in love with Loyd.
3. Who tells Codi that her relationship with Loyd "won't elevate her life"?
4. What news does Codi receive in Chapter 24?
(a) Hallie's body has been found.
(b) Hallie is safe and returning home.
(c) Her father is dead.
(d) Codi is pregnant.
5. Codi is invited to speak to the Stitch and Bitch Club regarding what?
(a) A new painting technique she has discovered.
(b) The pH of the local river.
(c) The reproductive systems of higher mammals.
(d) Some of her prized artwork.
6. Who receives a phone call at the beginning of Chapter 20?
7. Where do Codi and Loyd spend Christmas?
(a) In Nicaragua with Hallie.
(b) Alone in Tucson.
(c) In Grace with Homer.
(d) With Loyd's family.
8. What happened to Codi as a result of the pictures Homer took of her?
(a) She is afraid of bright lights.
(b) She has a recurring dream of a bright light, followed by blindness.
(c) She hates having her picture taken.
(d) Her eyesight is not good.
9. What do the women of the Stitch and Bitch Club make to raise money for their campaign against the mining company?
(a) Terraria with water and wildlife from the river.
(b) Peacock pisatas.
(c) Scale models of the fruit trees in the orchard.
(d) Jams and jellies from the orchard trees.
10. What item does Codi bring to Hallie's funeral?
(a) A hat.
(b) A woven bracelet.
(c) A basket.
(d) An afghan.
11. Where is Hallie's funeral held?
12. A letter from Hallie asks Codi to do what?
(a) Watch the news and inform Hallie of what is happening.
(b) Give her best regards to everyone in Grace.
(c) Take care of their father.
(d) Find out the truth about their family.
13. Where has the kidnapped person been taken?
14. Who made the item that Codi brings to Hallie's funeral?
15. How many Gracela sisters were there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Codi write unmailed letters to?
2. Whom does Codi confront about the tombstone she has found?
3. What activity takes place after Christmas dinner?
4. Who votes Codi teacher of the year?
5. In what way did the Nolina family remain connected?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)