|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Codi write unmailed letters to?
(b) Her lost child.
(c) Her mother.
2. What is Loyd designated to do at the cockfight?
(a) Collect money from those who placed bets.
(b) Sew up the cock that is injured but still alive.
(c) Dispose of the losing bird.
(d) Get the birds angry and ready to fight.
3. Where has the kidnapped person been taken?
4. According to Codi, what distinguishes happy people from sad people?
(b) Being useful.
(d) Having great parents.
5. Hallie's funeral is held under what kind of trees?
6. What does Codi do with the item she brought to Homer's house?
(a) She places it on her father's mantle.
(b) She gives it to her father for safekeeping.
(c) She buries it in the backyard.
(d) She burns it in the fireplace.
7. A letter from Hallie asks Codi to do what?
(a) Find out the truth about their family.
(b) Give her best regards to everyone in Grace.
(c) Watch the news and inform Hallie of what is happening.
(d) Take care of their father.
8. What do Codi and Loyd plan to do?
(a) Move to Nicaragua and find Hallie's kidnappers.
(b) Have another baby.
(c) Get married.
(d) Go to Tucson and start over.
9. What is Homer having trouble with, beginning in Chapter 15?
(a) Distinguishing past from present.
(b) Remembering to take his medication.
(c) Recognizing his relatives.
(d) Remembering his address and phone number.
10. Who gave Codi something similar to what she is wearing in Chapter 15?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
11. How did Loyd's brother die?
(a) He was stabbed during a bar fight.
(b) He was killed in a railroad accident.
(c) He contracted black lung from working in the mines.
(d) He had a congenital illness.
12. With whom does Codi argue about leaving Grace at the end of the year?
13. Why does Codi stop going to her father's house in Chapter 22?
(a) Her father has moved too far from Grace for her to visit him.
(b) They are incapable of comforting one another.
(c) Her father has died.
(d) He does not recognize Codi any more.
14. Who stands beside Codi at the funeral?
15. What does Codi realize as her plane is landing?
(a) She had boarded the wrong flight.
(b) She can see color for the first time in weeks.
(c) She no longer remembers why she is there.
(d) She left her passport with Loyd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Codi bring to Hallie's funeral?
2. Who drives Codi to Tucson?
3. What is Codi wearing in Chapter 15 that confuses her father?
4. Who are the women of the Stitch and Bitch Club?
5. Whose grave is Codi decorating in Chapter 28?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)