|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the Gracela sisters marry?
(c) Railroad workers.
2. Who tells Codi that her relationship with Loyd "won't elevate her life"?
3. What news does Codi receive in Chapter 24?
(a) Her father is dead.
(b) Hallie's body has been found.
(c) Codi is pregnant.
(d) Hallie is safe and returning home.
4. Who are the women of the Stitch and Bitch Club?
(a) Las Gringas.
(b) The Peacock Ladies.
(c) The Gracela Sisters.
(d) The Pueblos.
5. How are the women planning to use the money they have earned from artwork sales and contributions?
(a) They are starting a trust fund for their children.
(b) They want to build a monument to the Gracela sisters.
(c) They want to have the town listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
(d) They want to open a peacock farm.
6. What do Codi and Loyd plan to do?
(a) Have another baby.
(b) Go to Tucson and start over.
(c) Get married.
(d) Move to Nicaragua and find Hallie's kidnappers.
7. Why did Homer take pictures of all the babies in Grace?
(a) He was a professional photographer.
(b) To identify them in case of a kidnapping.
(c) For a genetics study.
(d) He was entering the photos in a photography contest.
8. What birth circumstance is considered bad luck in the Pueblo?
(b) An only child.
(c) A breach birth.
(d) A Caesarean section.
9. Codi discovers in Chapter 16 that her mother's real name is what?
10. What is Loyd designated to do at the cockfight?
(a) Dispose of the losing bird.
(b) Sew up the cock that is injured but still alive.
(c) Get the birds angry and ready to fight.
(d) Collect money from those who placed bets.
11. What does Codi do with the item she brought to Homer's house?
(a) She buries it in the backyard.
(b) She places it on her father's mantle.
(c) She gives it to her father for safekeeping.
(d) She burns it in the fireplace.
12. Hallie's funeral is held under what kind of trees?
13. What happened to Codi as a result of the pictures Homer took of her?
(a) Her eyesight is not good.
(b) She hates having her picture taken.
(c) She has a recurring dream of a bright light, followed by blindness.
(d) She is afraid of bright lights.
14. How does Loyd's family react to Codi when they meet her?
(a) They are standoffish.
(b) They welcome her warmly.
(c) They are courteous, but they are wary of her.
(d) They are cold because they think she is snobbish.
15. What language is the caller speaking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Codi something similar to what she is wearing in Chapter 15?
2. How do Codi and Loyd spend the few days while the Stitch and Bitch Club are on their second excursion to Tucson?
3. How does the sale of the club's crafted items turn out?
4. How did Loyd's brother die?
5. Why does Loyd give up cockfighting?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)