|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flowers decorate the graves?
2. The Gracela sisters came from Spain to marry whom?
(d) Railroad workers.
3. Why is Loyd unable to make the trip he planned with Codi?
(a) He is injured.
(b) His car breaks down.
(c) His mother is ill.
(d) He is called in to work.
4. Where is Homer's family from originally?
5. Emelina tells Codi that what person will be attending the fiesta?
6. How long were the narrator and her lover together?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Fourteen years.
7. With what disease is the narrator's father afflicted?
(b) A brain tumor.
8. What does Uda give Codi to bring to her father?
(a) A pie.
(b) A quilt.
(d) A card.
9. Why has the Black Mountain mine been poisoning the river with sulfuric acid?
(a) To reroute the river.
(b) To kill off the orchards and drive out the farmers.
(c) To leach the last bit of gold from the mine.
(d) To rid the town of an aquatic pest.
10. What is an important Mexican holiday that is celebrated in Grace?
(a) Los Cumpleanos.
(b) Cinco de Mayo.
(c) El Dia de los Muertos.
(d) La Navidad.
11. Homer Noline's family were the offspring of which of the Gracela sisters?
(a) The red-haired one.
(b) The brunette one.
(c) The blonde one.
(d) The auburn-haired one.
12. What do the mine owners plan to do to the river?
(a) Stock it with fish.
(b) Dump toxic waste into it.
(c) Try to pan ore from it.
(d) Divert it away from the orchards.
13. What do Codi and Loyd visit en route to Whiteriver?
(a) An ancient Native American village.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) An Aztec shrine.
(d) A zoo with exotic animals.
14. How old are Codi and Hallie at the beginning of the story?
(c) Old women.
15. Homer Noline decides to forbid an activity for Codi and Hallie because there are "too many" what?
(d) Other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have Codi and Hallie been playing in Chapter 1?
2. Where does Loyd invite Codi?
3. What does Codi do to become a heroine in Grace?
4. What are Codi and Hallie trying to do during the storm in Chapter 3?
5. The orchards are full of what birds?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)