|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Codi dating her baby's father?
(a) They only went out once.
(b) For three months.
(c) For four dates.
(d) For two years.
2. Where is Codi's father when she arrives at his house for the first time since returning to Grace?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) His kitchen.
(c) His garage.
(d) His darkroom.
3. With what disease is the narrator's father afflicted?
(a) A brain tumor.
4. Codi feels that she could not survive what event?
(a) The death of her sister.
(b) The death of her father.
(c) Leaving her hometown.
(d) Losing a child.
5. What is the relationship between Homer Noline and Codi and Hallie?
(a) He is their grandfather.
(b) He is their uncle.
(c) He is their father.
(d) He is their brother.
6. Why is one of Codi's students dropping out of school?
(a) She does not have the money for college.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is failing her classes.
(d) Her parents are moving.
7. Why does Codi's father feel remorseful in his Chapter 10 flashback?
(a) Not helping Codi more.
(b) Being angry with Codi.
(c) Leaving his daughters when they were young.
(d) The loss of his wife.
8. Where is Emelina's husband detained at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(d) New Mexico.
9. Where does Loyd invite Codi?
(a) Black Mountain.
10. What is an important Mexican holiday that is celebrated in Grace?
(a) Cinco de Mayo.
(b) La Navidad.
(c) Los Cumpleanos.
(d) El Dia de los Muertos.
11. Why is Loyd unable to make the trip he planned with Codi?
(a) He is injured.
(b) He is called in to work.
(c) His car breaks down.
(d) His mother is ill.
12. In Homer's flashback in Chapter 10, what has happened to Codi?
(a) She has dropped out of school.
(b) She has run away.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is injured.
13. Emelina is organizing a fiesta for what holiday?
(a) Labor Day.
(c) Columbus Day.
(d) All Souls' Day.
14. Who is aware of the miscarriage, as far as Codi knows?
(a) Codi and her father.
(b) Only Codi.
(c) Codi and Hallie.
(d) Codi and Loyd.
15. How old are Codi and Hallie at the beginning of the story?
(c) Old women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Homer Noline decides to forbid an activity for Codi and Hallie because there are "too many" what?
2. What is the relationship between Codi and Hallie?
3. What is the reason that Codi thinks she felt out of place in high school?
4. Emelina tells Codi that what person will be attending the fiesta?
5. When Codi and Hallie get home after the storm, what do they want to know?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)