|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Doc Homer feel about Codi's situation?
2. What are Codi and Hallie doing when they are first introduced?
3. What does Codi notice about the fruit trees?
(a) They look exceptionally healthy.
(b) They look unhealthy.
(c) They are ready to be harvested.
(d) They are taller than she remembers.
4. Who is aware of the miscarriage, as far as Codi knows?
(a) Only Codi.
(b) Codi and Hallie.
(c) Codi and her father.
(d) Codi and Loyd.
5. Codi discovers a plot with what family name on it?
6. Who was the father of Codi's baby?
7. What holiday is approaching in Chapter 1?
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) All Souls' Day.
8. How many boys does Emelina have?
9. The Gracela sisters came from Spain to marry whom?
(b) Railroad workers.
10. Emelina tells Codi that what person will be attending the fiesta?
11. The orchards are full of what birds?
12. Codi lost a baby when she was how old?
13. Where do Codi and Hallie sleep?
(a) In their own beds.
(b) In their parents' bed.
(c) Together in one bed.
(d) Together on the floor.
14. What are Codi and Hallie trying to do during the storm in Chapter 3?
(a) Save coyote pups.
(b) Get away from someone who is following them.
(c) Find their mother.
(d) Save their friend.
15. The group oppressing the farmers is supported by what government?
(b) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Codi feels that she could not survive what event?
2. The narrator is leaving in Chapter 2 to go where?
3. What flowers decorate the graves?
4. With what disease is the narrator's father afflicted?
5. Why is one of Codi's students dropping out of school?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)