|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Codi and Hallie touches their father's heart?
(a) Their closeness.
(b) Their good behavior.
(c) Their crying.
(d) Their cuteness.
2. Codi's father came to Grace from what state?
(b) New Mexico.
3. What is the relationship between Homer Noline and Codi and Hallie?
(a) He is their grandfather.
(b) He is their brother.
(c) He is their uncle.
(d) He is their father.
4. In his flashback, why is Homer Noline searching for Codi and Hallie?
(a) They have been kidnapped.
(b) They are hiding from him.
(c) They have run away from home.
(d) They are caught in a storm.
5. Codi discovers a plot with what family name on it?
6. What is the reason that Codi thinks she felt out of place in high school?
(a) She had braces and acne.
(b) She was forced to wear secondhand clothing.
(c) She was in a class for gifted students.
(d) Her father made her wear orthopedic shoes.
7. The narrator states in Chapter 2 that Hallie has left to go where?
8. What does Homer Noline decide to forbid Codi and Hallie to do, as he watches them sleep?
(a) Go on a field trip with their class.
(b) Sleep at their friend's house.
(c) Participate in the holiday celebration.
(d) Get a puppy.
9. What is the name of Emelina's husband?
10. Where was Hallie when she wrote the first letter Codi receives?
11. What is the occupation of Codi and Hallie's father?
12. Who was the father of Codi's baby?
13. With what disease is the narrator's father afflicted?
(b) A brain tumor.
14. How does Doc Homer feel about Codi's situation?
15. How old are Codi and Hallie at the beginning of the story?
(c) Old women.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Codi and Hallie were children, who used to babysit them?
2. Why is one of Codi's students dropping out of school?
3. Who is the narrator, starting in Chapter 2?
4. Where does Codi bring her students in Chapter 11?
5. The Gracela sisters came from Spain to marry whom?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)