Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. Describe the scene that is presented at the beginning of Chapter 1.
2. Why are Codi and Hallie so tired in Chapter 1?
3. What decision does Homer make while watching Codi and Hallie sleep?
4. What about Codi and Hallie touches Homer's heart as he watches them sleep?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 2
5. Why has Hallie left Tucson?
6. Why does Codi come to Grace in Chapter 2?
7. Summarize the ten-year relationship between Codi and Carlo.
This section contains 835 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)