|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uda give Codi to bring to her father?
(b) A card.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A pie.
2. How long has the narrator been away from the town where she grew up?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Twenty-seven years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Three years.
3. Why is Loyd unable to make the trip he planned with Codi?
(a) His car breaks down.
(b) He is called in to work.
(c) He is injured.
(d) His mother is ill.
4. Codi's father came to Grace from what state?
(d) New Mexico.
5. What do Codi and Loyd pass on their last trip to Whiteriver?
(a) An abandoned mine and alfalfa fields.
(b) A hospital and alfalfa fields.
(c) A factory and cornfields.
(d) A pasture and dairy farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the Black Mountain mine been poisoning the river with sulfuric acid?
2. With what disease is the narrator's father afflicted?
3. Whom does Homer call for help rescuing Codi and Hallie?
4. What does Homer Noline decide to forbid Codi and Hallie to do, as he watches them sleep?
5. What is the name of Loyd's dog?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)