|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emelina's husband work?
(a) On the railroad.
(b) At the lumber mill.
(c) In the mine.
(d) At the hospital.
2. What are Codi and Hallie trying to do during the storm in Chapter 3?
(a) Get away from someone who is following them.
(b) Find their mother.
(c) Save coyote pups.
(d) Save their friend.
3. Homer Noline decides to forbid an activity for Codi and Hallie because there are "too many" what?
(c) Other children.
4. In what subject does Codi have a degree?
(c) Environmental science.
5. What is the relationship between Codi and Hallie?
(b) Aunt and niece.
(c) Mother and daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Codi and Hallie touches their father's heart?
2. Who is the narrator, starting in Chapter 2?
3. How long has the narrator been away from the town where she grew up?
4. Who is watching Codi and Hallie in Chapter 1?
5. What does Homer Noline decide to forbid Codi and Hallie to do, as he watches them sleep?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)