1. How old are Codi and Hallie at the beginning of the story?
(c) Old women.
2. What is the relationship between Codi and Hallie?
(b) Mother and daughter.
(d) Aunt and niece.
3. What are Codi and Hallie doing when they are first introduced?
4. Who is watching Codi and Hallie in Chapter 1?
(a) Their babysitter.
(b) Their father.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their grandmother.
5. What is the occupation of Codi and Hallie's father?
6. Where have Codi and Hallie been playing in Chapter 1?
(a) A beach.
(b) Their yard.
(c) Their basement.
(d) A cemetery.
7. What holiday is approaching in Chapter 1?
(c) All Souls' Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
8. What is the relationship between Homer Noline and Codi and Hallie?
(a) He is their brother.
(b) He is their grandfather.
(c) He is their uncle.
(d) He is their father.
This section contains 4,368 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)