1. How old are Codi and Hallie at the beginning of the story?
(d) Old women.
2. What is the relationship between Codi and Hallie?
(b) Aunt and niece.
(c) Mother and daughter.
3. What are Codi and Hallie doing when they are first introduced?
4. Who is watching Codi and Hallie in Chapter 1?
(a) Their father.
(b) Their babysitter.
(c) Their grandmother.
(d) Their mother.
5. What is the occupation of Codi and Hallie's father?
6. Where have Codi and Hallie been playing in Chapter 1?
(a) Their yard.
(b) A beach.
(c) Their basement.
(d) A cemetery.
7. What holiday is approaching in Chapter 1?
(a) New Year's Day.
(c) All Souls' Day.
8. What is the relationship between Homer Noline and Codi and Hallie?
(a) He is their uncle.
(b) He is their brother.
(c) He is their grandfather.
(d) He is their father.
This section contains 4,368 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)