|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many societies of the world recognize the importance of __________ when it comes to meaning in one's surroundings.
2. ___________ often contain many lessons associated with community and learning to live with variety, flexibility, and adaptability.
3. Which bird is associated with the feminine energies of peace, maternity and prophecy?
4. What is the number which is associated with creativity and new birth, according to the author?
5. The masked _______ is a prevalent symbol associated with Shamanism, according to the findings of the author.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the exercises in the book supposed to help a reader do in his own life?
2. What do self knowledge and augury allow a person to do in his life, according to Andrews in the book?
3. What is the recommendation the author makes in order for a person to become more sensitive to his surroundings?
4. What is the importance of the mating style of an animal when it comes to the interpretation of totems?
5. Is it necessary to have a strong reason for looking up an animal within this book?
6. How can a person know that the behaviors of a specific animal are representative of the entire species?
7. What are the 'breath of life' and the 'tree of life' as the author defines them in this chapter?
8. Why are feathers important fetishes for people to work with in relation to magic and personal power?
9. What are some of the attributes of the pigeon, as Andrews includes in this opening section's examples?
10. What is the way in which the author wants the reader to begin to learn the totems in this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author gives the reader a number of exercises which can help them begin to cultivate their own personal power.
Part 1: Do you believe it's possible for a person to cultivate their personal power on their own?
Part 2: Do you think people in the past needed exercises to find their power? How were times different back then?
Part 3: How do you think you would change if you did the exercises in the book?
Essay Topic 2
The aura is the energy body surrounding the human form, showing different energies as colors.
Part 1: Do you think that the aura is something that actually exists?
Part 2: Why do you think the aura is something that is being described and used in this book?
Part 3: What color would your aura be if you were able to see it or to show it to others? Why?
Essay Topic 3
A fetish is a talisman in which a person can focus his or her power for personal transformation.
Part 1: Do you have any personal talismans that you use right now? What are they?
Part 2: Do you agree that you can focus personal power into an inanimate object? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a person infuses power into an object? How might you do this?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)