|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the bird species which is considered to be an urban success story?
(d) Blue pigeon.
2. The pronghorn is the only ____________ native to North America, according to this book.
3. Vultures will usually lay their eggs ___________, which is interesting as the young are extremely sensitive.
(a) In noisy areas.
(b) On bare ground.
(c) On water.
(d) In a tree.
4. In the European folk tradition, the __________ is considered to be the weather prophet, telling of the coming storms.
5. The author points out that in relation to the grackle, its color, _________, is the color of the inner and the feminine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once a woman dressed in white buffalo fur appeared and brought to the Lakota the _____________.
2. The massive head of the buffalo can be a symbol that one must combine efforts with the ______________.
3. The bobcat is a __________ animal and those with this totem may find themselves in a similar situation.
4. When Halcyone threw herself into the ocean because she missed her dead husband so much, the gods were impressed and turned her and her husband into ____________.
5. Native American people thought of bears as ___________ since they are able to walk on two feet.
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be disheartening about the practice of working with your animal totems?
2. What are turkey vultures easily mistaken for when they are looked at by those who are not familiar with them?
3. While some might call domestic horses 'broken,' what is the other explanation that some have for these horses?
4. What does it mean when Andrews talks about the idea of an animal being transitory in nature?
5. What happens during the house cat's cycle of power, according to the author?
6. Why does Andrews believe the vulture to be a patient hunter? What qualities does the vulture have?
7. What happens as a result of the bobcat's accurate sensors about energy and other people?
8. What are some of the ways in which the astral plane might be described to another person?
9. What does Andrews say is the uncanny ability of the bobcat as an animal totem?
10. What does Andrews say is the 'keynote' for the grackle bird when he describes it in this book?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)