|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The totems which are listed in the book do not make a comprehensive list, but it covers many animals from the ____________ continent.
(c) South American.
(d) North American.
2. What is the bird which is the smallest member of the falcon family, the bird associated with mental speed, ability, and grace?
(b) Red-tailed hawk.
(d) Blue falcon.
3. The bear is an animal which is associated with awakening the power of the ____________.
4. Those who are working with the vulture as a totem will want to monitor the health of their __________ system.
5. Native American people thought of bears as ___________ since they are able to walk on two feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. The turkey vulture also seems to have a unique _________ system, one which helps keep it healthy.
2. What is one of the bird species which is considered to be an urban success story?
3. What is the animal to which the author devotes a number of pages, the bird of purification, death and rebirth, and new vision?
4. When a beaver begins to enter a person's life, the question the person should be asking is: What _________ have been neglected?
5. In the Greek tradition, the vulture is thought to be descended from the __________, a mythical creature.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andrews point out about the differentiation between animals and humans in the modern world?
2. Are cats considered to be high maintenance, according to the author's description of house cats?
3. What does Andrews say one should do if he has a serious mouse problem at his house?
4. What does Andrews say is very helpful when it comes to establishing a relationship with a totem animal?
5. What does Andrews say is the uncanny ability of the bobcat as an animal totem?
6. What happens as a result of the bobcat's accurate sensors about energy and other people?
7. Why does Andrews believe the vulture to be a patient hunter? What qualities does the vulture have?
8. What can be disheartening about the practice of working with your animal totems?
9. What does it mean when Andrews talks about the idea of an animal being transitory in nature?
10. What is the status of the turkey vulture - is it a scavenger or a predator when it's out in the wild?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)