|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Dictionary of Animal Totems Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Greek tradition, the woodpecker occupied the throne of ___________, considered sacred to this god of thunder.
2. Many societies of the world recognize the importance of __________ when it comes to meaning in one's surroundings.
(b) Sea glass.
(d) Sand sizes.
3. What is an event which may indicate a particular destiny, as defined in the start of this section?
(c) Animal dance.
4. The author points out that in relation to the grackle, its color, _________, is the color of the inner and the feminine.
5. The ancient symbolism of __________is complex, but connected to the feminine forces within the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. It's interesting to note that the bison tends to follow the _________ path when it is traveling.
2. The Egyptian God Osiris is often depicted with the head of a __________, as this is a revered animal.
3. A pronghorn will signal danger to others by raising the _________ patch on its bottom.
4. What is the bird which is the smallest member of the falcon family, the bird associated with mental speed, ability, and grace?
5. What is the landscape which is in constant transition, always changing, always moving?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)