|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Dictionary of Animal Totems Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ are a symbol of rising from the terrestrial world, of being free of the gravity of the mundane world.
2. The cowbird is thought of as a cruel bird as it deposits its ________ in the nests of other birds.
3. On what holiday was it once thought that seeing certain birds would foretell the partner a woman would choose?
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
4. The animals should be seen as ___________ powers which provide symbols in our everyday lives.
5. What does the author think speaks to us constantly, though a person might not always be listening closely to this communication?
Short Answer Questions
1. The most important way to begin to cultivate the tool of animal speak is to make sure the person is ___________ himself with nature.
2. True shamans cultivate the ability to leave their ________ in order to access other parts of their consciousness.
3. The author notes it is beneficial for the feathers to be stored with sprigs of _________. This helps fend off deterioration.
4. What is the animal totem which teaches a person to remember to change his appearance, to play dead?
5. What is another name, though incorrect, often given to a red tailed hawk by those who are not familiar with birds?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)