|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Animal Speak : Chapter 8, Animal Rites Continued.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some people use ___________ to help them perform animal rites, without causing unnecessary harm.
(c) Alive animals.
(d) Stuffed animals.
2. __________ were traditionally a symbol of magic, calling out for people to see it in their lives and to use it as needed.
3. Which bird is associated with the feminine energies of peace, maternity and prophecy?
4. Interesting to note, birds do not run out of ___________. They simply fly into it to get what they need.
5. A person can use drumming and/or music to help enhance the _____________during a ritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author points out that while people feel 'ritual' is a scary word, we all have personal _________ associated with every human expression.
2. As a lifelong student of ____________, with a formal background in literature and linguistics, the author has continuously found links to the animal word in life.
3. The ancient symbolism of __________is complex, but connected to the feminine forces within the universe.
4. The voice of the dove is the ________ song, invoking the new waters of life and reminding all that new life is possible.
5. The author also suggests a person create a __________, with pictures and descriptions of the animal surrounding a picture of the person.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)